Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town v Feyenoord 1975 21:58 - Mar 30 with 3601 viewsNthQldITFC

Not seen that before, nice to watch with no commentary and something about the film quality is nice. Is our No. 8 Viljoen? Nice to think my old dad would probably have been there with his mate.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:18 - Mar 30 with 2650 viewsmonty_radio

Yes that's Viljoen. I don't remember the game itself, but I would have been there.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:18 - Mar 30 with 2650 viewsPJH

Thanks for posting.

Yes No 8 is Viljoen.

I was there and also in Rotterdam for the first leg which we won 2-1-it pi55ed down that night.
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:20 - Mar 30 with 2644 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I was there. Thanks for posting that. Another great European night under the PR lights.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:32 - Mar 30 with 2617 viewslongtimefan

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:20 - Mar 30 by StochesStotasBlewe

I was there. Thanks for posting that. Another great European night under the PR lights.

I too was there but can’t for the life of me recall Clive Woods goal, which given the quality is somewhat odd. Whymark’s header on the other hand was run out the mill for him. Have we ever had a better header of the ball than him?
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:42 - Mar 30 with 2593 viewsbrazil1982

Did many away fans travel to Ipswich in our European days?
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:54 - Mar 30 with 2583 viewsnorth_stand77

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:42 - Mar 30 by brazil1982

Did many away fans travel to Ipswich in our European days?

I was at that game and also in Rotterdam. I think there were 6000 Ipswich fans if I remember rightly with most travelling on ferries which were rammed. The Bruges game was the same, the following was fantastic.

A Feyenoord fan asked my enamel Ipswich badge and swapped it for his club badge, which I still have.
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 23:04 - Mar 30 with 2545 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was there stood on a milk crate at the front of the West Stand. The next day I got my dad to take me to Mick McNeil Sports and bought the Feyenoord Subbuteo team and a set of Subbuteo floodlights.

Loved their kit. Thanks for posting. It brings back lovely memories.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 23:05 - Mar 30 with 2539 viewsdominiciawful

That's a good piece of film.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 23:11 - Mar 30 with 2535 viewsWeWereZombies

I was there and I maintain that the Clive Woods goal was the best ever scored at Portman Road, I was in the East Stand directly in line with Woods and the goal, the bend he got on that shot was amazing and Woods just stood there in disbelief at having pulled off a shot like that (which is why you can see Whymark and co practically dragging him over as they congratulate him, he still hadn't started to celebrate the goal.)

Also nice to see a Feyenoord player treated our hallowed turf with respect and replacing a divot during the first half. Players used to do that all the time but I cannot remember when I last saw it happen.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 02:46 - Mar 31 with 2439 viewsfloridablue

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:54 - Mar 30 by north_stand77

I was at that game and also in Rotterdam. I think there were 6000 Ipswich fans if I remember rightly with most travelling on ferries which were rammed. The Bruges game was the same, the following was fantastic.

A Feyenoord fan asked my enamel Ipswich badge and swapped it for his club badge, which I still have.

I was there in Rotterdam and nowhere near 6,000 Town fans in the side stand. I'm sure I read there was 1,200 which was still a good turn out. Actually the group I travelled with stood behind the goal in a rain lashed open terrace.
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 07:04 - Mar 31 with 2335 viewsMillsey

This brought back some great memories 👍
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 07:29 - Mar 31 with 2316 viewsArnieM

I went to the away game. When Town scored , the Town fans went mad , but were almost immediately subdued when the line of riot police standing in front of the wire caging we were behind , turned as one snd aimed their guns at us ..... yes , GUNS!! I was stood right at the front ( I was only a kid then ) .... scared the living daylights out of me tbh , but was still bobbing up and down coz we’d scored .

The back drop to that was the previous season Spurs fans had rampaged through their city in a UEFA cup fixture , snd elsewhere in Europe, Leeds fans had done similar ( such was the mentality of English fans at that time ) ...... TWTD though !
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 7:35]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 07:39 - Mar 31 with 2289 viewsColin_Viljoen

Went to both legs, remember the ferry from Felixatowe in those days, ferry full of town fans pissed out of their heads. Rough crossing so people throwing up everywhere!
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 07:44 - Mar 31 with 2281 viewsGaryCooper

Wonderful stuff , 10 years old and at the game watching the brilliantly languid Alan Hunter and the best header of a football Trevor Whymark, the memories that shape my football brain.
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 08:30 - Mar 31 with 2224 viewsnorth_stand77

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 02:46 - Mar 31 by floridablue

I was there in Rotterdam and nowhere near 6,000 Town fans in the side stand. I'm sure I read there was 1,200 which was still a good turn out. Actually the group I travelled with stood behind the goal in a rain lashed open terrace.

I honestly thought there were 6000! Think there were 2 ferries out of Felixstowe to take the fans ( but I could have that wrong too!).

What i definitely do remember is that it was a very rough crossing and there were piles if sick everywhere. The bloke who was sitting next to me on the deck was sick over my shoes.......happy memories
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 09:28 - Mar 31 with 2175 viewsPJH

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:54 - Mar 30 by north_stand77

Apart from chucking away a three goal lead from the first leg the thing that I remember most about Bruges is the police on motorbikes taking our coaches through the red traffic lights to get us back to the ferry terminal asap.
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 10:37 - Mar 31 with 2108 viewsnorth_stand77

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 09:28 - Mar 31 by PJH

Apart from chucking away a three goal lead from the first leg the thing that I remember most about Bruges is the police on motorbikes taking our coaches through the red traffic lights to get us back to the ferry terminal asap.

Yes, thats right!
I think we were standing in an uncovered stand and beer bottles were raining down on us. Weren't we effectively surrounded by Bruges fans?
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 10:42 - Mar 31 with 2094 viewsPJH

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 10:37 - Mar 31 by north_stand77

Yes, thats right!
I think we were standing in an uncovered stand and beer bottles were raining down on us. Weren't we effectively surrounded by Bruges fans?

I think it was uncovered but I do not specifically remember much about inside the ground, I suppose it was just like a typical 1970's away game although I think I remember it being quite hostile at the end.

Not certain but I think David Johnson hit the bar late on in the game which would have made it 4-4 on aggregate.
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 10:45 - Mar 31 with 2084 viewsKeno

we were so lucky to have seen that team play those games

took it for granted at the time

TWTDs!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 10:48 - Mar 31 with 2070 viewsPJH

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 10:45 - Mar 31 by Keno

we were so lucky to have seen that team play those games

took it for granted at the time

TWTDs!!

Yes, at least we have the memories and pride from what ITFC once were.

I certainly assumed from about 1973 onwards that ITFC would always be a top flight club and always be one of the better top flight clubs.
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 11:01 - Mar 31 with 2044 viewsKeno

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 10:48 - Mar 31 by PJH

Yes, at least we have the memories and pride from what ITFC once were.

I certainly assumed from about 1973 onwards that ITFC would always be a top flight club and always be one of the better top flight clubs.

even when we were bad we were good

the thing I remember most the whole atmosphere around the place, for which the Cobbolds probably play a big part

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 11:26 - Mar 31 with 2008 viewsPendejo

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 23:05 - Mar 30 by dominiciawful

That's a good piece of film.

Remarkable quality of film, how much old film has degraded and blurred over the years.

Packed terraces, attacking football, magnificent double save in there, great kit.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 11:35 - Mar 31 with 1989 viewstrncbluearmy

15 years old, middle of the Northstand, life was great.
ITFC have had many great teams but I think that one was my favourite
Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 15:51 - Mar 31 with 1911 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes, was at the game. I remember Clive Woods scoring that cracker but my main memory of the game was how Feyenoord passed us off the pitch for much of the game, despite being unable to score. A portent of things to come at Town after the arrival of Muhren & Thijssen.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 18:15 - Mar 31 with 1849 viewsMeadowlark

Town v Feyenoord 1975 on 22:18 - Mar 30 by PJH

Thanks for posting.

Yes No 8 is Viljoen.

I was there and also in Rotterdam for the first leg which we won 2-1-it pi55ed down that night.

Me too!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024