Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook will relish ripping it up this summer 12:53 - Mar 28 with 3672 viewstractorboy1978

In the season to win the two league titles below:

Wigan - 24 out, 10 in.
Portsmouth - 24 out, 17 in.

Obviously a few of those loans out of young players and usual summer churn. But with a pre-season he's proven he can get a lot of bodies in and get them playing his way quickly.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2021 12:54]
Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 12:54 - Mar 28 with 3642 viewspointofblue

He likes getting rid of 24 then? Does that include loanees or just those on permanent deals?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 12:56 - Mar 28 with 3628 viewscatch74

Got to be said, let’s get his assistant in, lost his boss, 24 players + some, support staff including physios - who I don’t think have been replaced (yet they get 25 games out of Keane?!) and easily matched us yesterday.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 18:24 - Mar 28 with 3365 viewsIllinoisblue

I wonder if he’s surprised at how much of a car crash club we are. I picture him at Playford Road gently sobbing into his tea.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 20:19 - Mar 28 with 3165 viewsGlasgowBlue

Has he ever had an owner like Evans who has told him that there is no budget for transfer fees, so get in loanees and freebies instead?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 21:26 - Mar 28 with 3067 viewsitfctilidie

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 20:19 - Mar 28 by GlasgowBlue

Has he ever had an owner like Evans who has told him that there is no budget for transfer fees, so get in loanees and freebies instead?

The thing is, you don't need money in this division and can easily assemble a squad of frees and loans as long as you have a plan and target the right ones - Look at Lincoln and 75% of the other teams in the division.
Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 21:37 - Mar 28 with 3034 viewsZXBlue

Do you think we have spent more or less than most other clubs in div 1 in transfer fees? And wages?
Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 08:41 - Mar 29 with 2780 viewstractorboy1978

Virtually all his business elsewhere has been loans and frees.
Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 08:55 - Mar 29 with 2737 viewsbobbyramsey

I personally can't wait for Cook to start ripping this lot up, in fact I wish our season could be concluded soon (we wouldn't stand a chance in the play-offs anyway, in fact it would be embarrassing) so that he can start ASAP.
Login to get fewer ads

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 08:55 - Mar 29 with 2727 viewsRonFearonsHair

Perhaps the phrase ‘no budget’ got lost in translation!
Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 09:09 - Mar 29 with 2683 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 21:37 - Mar 28 by ZXBlue

Do you think we have spent more or less than most other clubs in div 1 in transfer fees? And wages?

Forget wages. This has been the standard Evans defence. I don’t doubt that we have spend higher than most on wages.

Those wages will have been for loans. Five or six players a season who are here for the short term, never to be seen again. It’s a sh1t way to run a club. There’s no continuity.

We need:
A goalkeeper
A Right Back
A Left Back
A Midfield enforcer
A creative midfielder
Two wide men
A Striker (maybe 2 if Norwood can’t get fully fit)

They all have to be better than what we have alrready to improve us. Cook will have a list. If Evans continues as he has done then most of those will be loans.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 9:09]

Iron Lion Zion

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 09:55 - Mar 29 with 2588 viewsCoastalblue

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 09:09 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

Forget wages. This has been the standard Evans defence. I don’t doubt that we have spend higher than most on wages.

Those wages will have been for loans. Five or six players a season who are here for the short term, never to be seen again. It’s a sh1t way to run a club. There’s no continuity.

We need:
A goalkeeper
A Right Back
A Left Back
A Midfield enforcer
A creative midfielder
Two wide men
A Striker (maybe 2 if Norwood can’t get fully fit)

They all have to be better than what we have alrready to improve us. Cook will have a list. If Evans continues as he has done then most of those will be loans.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 9:09]

Do you not feel it's the managers choice how he decides to spend the budget? It's possible the last window Lambert was restricted to loans due to the fact there was a good chance he wouldn't be here, but even without loanees we have an enormous squad.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 10:05 - Mar 29 with 2568 viewsclive_baker

We're a bit like an old house at the moment that has been unloved for a long time and needs a complete refurb. There's a lot of character there though and in the right hands it could be a lovely place, but it's been left to go to sh1t over time.

We need to get in and strip it right back, expose those nice inglenooks, repoint some brickwork, lick of paint to the outside and windows and do some work on the garden. There's probably a fair bit of structural work needed too.

And those 'green shoots' we were told about is actually Japanese knotweed, we'll need to get that treated.

But given some time, a few tough decisions and a bit of investment it could be one to be admired once again.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 10:43 - Mar 29 with 2501 viewsMrTown

He will certainly realise now that a lot of these players go through the motions at this club, it has been an easy club to play for for so long.

PC will not have that long term, I suspect we will see a few players he has worked with before, players he can trust.

Not like the Sunday League outfit we have now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 10:58 - Mar 29 with 2459 viewsitfcbishop

He won't be relishing when evans lays out his summer transfer budget!
Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 10:59 - Mar 29 with 2452 viewsTractorWood

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 18:24 - Mar 28 by Illinoisblue

I wonder if he’s surprised at how much of a car crash club we are. I picture him at Playford Road gently sobbing into his tea.

A funny picture but if he'd have had a look down this forum, even during Lambert's sacking he'd have seen some dangerous signs that the club as a whole is in terminal decline. I must have posted half dozen times that Lambert was a problem but not the problem.

It's like a nice looking house built in the early 1900s. He thought it probably just needed a new bathroom as it looks quite regal but a bit tatty from the outside. Once he's got inside he's realised there isn't a roof.

I suspect the fly in the ointment will be Evans' budget in the summer. We'll be part of the furniture next year as we'll replace decent but disinterested, unfit and unmotivated players with bog standard league one players.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 11:01]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 11:08 - Mar 29 with 2405 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 09:55 - Mar 29 by Coastalblue

Do you not feel it's the managers choice how he decides to spend the budget? It's possible the last window Lambert was restricted to loans due to the fact there was a good chance he wouldn't be here, but even without loanees we have an enormous squad.

It's not just one window though is it?

We've been a team full of loanees pretty much the entire term Evans has been in charge. Probably since he got burned during Keane's era and simply doesn't ant to go down the route of spending decent money on transfers.

Iron Lion Zion

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 11:12 - Mar 29 with 2386 viewsMrTown

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 10:58 - Mar 29 by itfcbishop

He won't be relishing when evans lays out his summer transfer budget!

His transfer budget will be minimal to nil. His wage bill available will be more than enough at this level.

He will recruit well I am sure.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 11:16 - Mar 29 with 2360 viewsitfcbishop

Cook will relish ripping it up this summer on 11:12 - Mar 29 by MrTown

His transfer budget will be minimal to nil. His wage bill available will be more than enough at this level.

He will recruit well I am sure.

He will recruit well i'm sure of it. However with the wage budget it will be more like 3 good signings instead of 5 or 6.
I'm hoping players and agents realise after this pandemic they can't go around demanding high wages, a lot of players are without clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024