Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... 20:42 - Apr 7 with 1415 viewsunstableblue

Paul..........Cook.........was......unaware of the takeover.... and expected....to be backed and working with Lee ONeil to rebuild the team

Run for the bunker...... we’re all going to die!!!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 20:46 - Apr 7 with 1279 viewsWD19

Are the missing words:
Anthony
Ipswich Town manager
Not
It’s the reason he joined
His plans

?
Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 20:49 - Apr 7 with 1233 viewsJ2BLUE

What is wrong with you?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 20:57 - Apr 7 with 1161 viewsunstableblue

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 20:49 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

What is wrong with you?

Im over the moon with the takeover, we are finally getting the football structure I’ve been raving about for years (yes I am concerned about Ashton, any sane Town fan should be, but hoping he can make it here)

But Phil, who I trust, has made this statement, and it is worth focusing on:

I think we can safely assume... by PhilTWTD 7 Apr 2021 14:31
Players didn't know, Paul Cook didn't know until this morning, I'm told.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Ignore this thread.... SITTERS has saved the day on 21:02 - Apr 7 with 1133 viewsunstableblue

They did have an input in appointing Cook by SitfcB 7 Apr 2021 20:09
O'Leary: We talked to Marcus about it, he wanted to make a change and we compared notes and found he was number one on both our lists.

We rate Paul very highly. There won't be a change of manager here.

Ignore this thread.... SITTERS has saved the day on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 1104 viewsJ2BLUE

Ignore this thread.... SITTERS has saved the day on 21:02 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

They did have an input in appointing Cook by SitfcB 7 Apr 2021 20:09
O'Leary: We talked to Marcus about it, he wanted to make a change and we compared notes and found he was number one on both our lists.

We rate Paul very highly. There won't be a change of manager here.

Exactly, take a breath and calm down.

Truly impaired.

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 1102 viewsBryanPlug

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 20:57 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

Im over the moon with the takeover, we are finally getting the football structure I’ve been raving about for years (yes I am concerned about Ashton, any sane Town fan should be, but hoping he can make it here)

But Phil, who I trust, has made this statement, and it is worth focusing on:

I think we can safely assume... by PhilTWTD 7 Apr 2021 14:31
Players didn't know, Paul Cook didn't know until this morning, I'm told.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ignore this thread.... SITTERS has saved the day on 21:05 - Apr 7 with 1059 viewsunstableblue

Ignore this thread.... SITTERS has saved the day on 21:03 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Exactly, take a breath and calm down.

Well J2... we’ve still not confirmation that Cook DID know? So can we have like a little panic?

You know running around with one hand on fire looking for a bucket of water??

Ignore this thread.... SITTERS has saved the day on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 1029 viewsJ2BLUE

Ignore this thread.... SITTERS has saved the day on 21:05 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

Well J2... we’ve still not confirmation that Cook DID know? So can we have like a little panic?

You know running around with one hand on fire looking for a bucket of water??

Logic would suggest he knew. I think he will confirm he knew.

It will all be ok!

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 21:18 - Apr 7 with 963 viewsFixed_It

We may never know for certain whether Paul Cook knew in advance about the Takeover. I personally suspect that he did, but I expect that the official line will be that he didn't. I also suspect this might partly be due to being aware of Lambert's lawyers track record in such matters. Just a thought.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 21:24 - Apr 7 with 903 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 21:03 - Apr 7 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Begs another question though. If ME and GC20 were comparing notes on who should take over from Lambert, that means up to March 2nd at the latest, the takeover was certainly not stalled.

Phil also says that according to what he has been told, ME only moved on with the deal in the last couple of weeks when he realised how far gone things were. If thats the case, Cook has been talking about future plans for a similar period.

I just don't believe Evans to be the sort of bloke that is making plans with his manager, getting him excited to start work in the summer and moments later selling the club and whipping the rug out from under Cooks feet.

And I don't even like Evans!!

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Get the TWTD nuclear Armageddon siren warmed up.... on 22:12 - Apr 7 with 685 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive man, give it another fortnight and you'll have come full circle and be w@nking on about how the football was more 'technical' under Lambert. You and Makin should stop and take a breath every so often.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024