Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They did have an input in appointing Cook 20:09 - Apr 7 with 2409 viewsSitfcB

O'Leary: We talked to Marcus about it, he wanted to make a change and we compared notes and found he was number one on both our lists.

We rate Paul very highly. There won't be a change of manager here.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:11 - Apr 7 with 2326 viewsJ2BLUE

Well duh.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:12 - Apr 7 with 2302 viewsSitfcB

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:11 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Well duh.

You didn’t see Phil’s posts earlier then, duh.

COYB

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:13 - Apr 7 with 2271 viewsBryanPlug

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:12 - Apr 7 by SitfcB

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:13 - Apr 7 with 2267 viewswkj

If the take over took 14 month from the ground up, it would make a lot of sense as to why Lambert was kept on so long. Possibly also makes sense why they didn't push him to make the change before the transfer window too. If there was so much of a scrap of confidence we'd go up, the value of the deal might have changed significantly.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:15 - Apr 7 with 2211 viewsSitfcB

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:13 - Apr 7 by BryanPlug

Didn’t say he did.

COYB

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:20 - Apr 7 with 2150 viewsBryanPlug

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:15 - Apr 7 by SitfcB

Didn’t say he did.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:27 - Apr 7 with 2085 viewsJ2BLUE

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:12 - Apr 7 by SitfcB

I did and was surprised he thought that. Talks ongoing for over a year. The idea Evans wouldn't have mentioned it to Cook is ridiculous.

Truly impaired.

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:35 - Apr 7 with 2000 viewsclive_baker

I’ve been told this is 100% the case that Cook knew as I’ve said. He wanted a some off the record reassurance that they were aligned. Absolutely ME’s choice but I don’t blame Cook for asking the question given the takeover was in the pipeline.

Cook will be the one tearing the sh1t out of the squad this summer. Good job too, I think he’s a good manager, I hope the fans back him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:37 - Apr 7 with 1961 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Cook's already got the board vote of confidence. Oh well, it was 'fun' while it lasted.

Right, who do we want next?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:38 - Apr 7 with 1936 viewsjas0999

Of course they were involved. Cook also knew it I suspect.
They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:40 - Apr 7 with 1900 viewsMelford

I just think back to that game we were on Sky and Cook was the pundit and referred to Ipswich as "us" and "we" a couple of times. I reckon he's been lined up for a while. I don't buy it for a minute that PC didn't know about the takeover until today.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:49 - Apr 7 with 1755 viewschicoazul

That’s not having an input though. That’s just synchronicity. That isn’t them saying to Marcus “we want this guy, appoint him please”.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:51 - Apr 7 with 1719 viewschicoazul

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:27 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

I did and was surprised he thought that. Talks ongoing for over a year. The idea Evans wouldn't have mentioned it to Cook is ridiculous.

It really really isn’t. It’s nothing to do with any employee ultimately and Marcus may have signed a watertight NDA early in discussions. Yanks don’t fck around on that kind of thing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:52 - Apr 7 with 1699 viewsRonFearonsHair

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:37 - Apr 7 by Swansea_Blue

So Cook's already got the board vote of confidence. Oh well, it was 'fun' while it lasted.

Right, who do we want next?

Might be worth checking who was in charge of West Brom when O'Leary was there...
They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:56 - Apr 7 with 1642 viewsJ2BLUE

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:51 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

It really really isn’t. It’s nothing to do with any employee ultimately and Marcus may have signed a watertight NDA early in discussions. Yanks don’t fck around on that kind of thing.

Lambert mentioned it before he left. Cook was directly asked about it. You can't possibly think he didn't have some idea or reassurances? Have you read the comments from the new owners?

Truly impaired.

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:58 - Apr 7 with 1586 viewschicoazul

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:56 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Lambert mentioned it before he left. Cook was directly asked about it. You can't possibly think he didn't have some idea or reassurances? Have you read the comments from the new owners?

I think exactly that. Cool is a well paid employee but that’s it. It doesn’t really matter of course but I believe nobody at the club knew (although many may have suspected) about the takeover at all because at the end of the day Marcus has made the running on this and all his staff are in London etc

Thank fecking GOD.... put the Armageddon siren back in the bunker (n/t) on 21:01 - Apr 7 with 1560 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 21:06 - Apr 7 with 1517 viewsJ2BLUE

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 20:58 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

I think exactly that. Cool is a well paid employee but that’s it. It doesn’t really matter of course but I believe nobody at the club knew (although many may have suspected) about the takeover at all because at the end of the day Marcus has made the running on this and all his staff are in London etc

Fair enough. Disagree though. I suspect Cook will confirm he knew.

Truly impaired.

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 21:09 - Apr 7 with 1446 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They did have an input in appointing Cook on 21:06 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Fair enough. Disagree though. I suspect Cook will confirm he knew.

I would see it as one of those things where it was public knowledge that there was interest in the club. How much Cook sought reassurances and was able to get them only a few people would know. However, Cook will not have been entirely taken by surprise by this. It also appears that the new owners are very happy with Cook as manager. Why wouldn't they be unless they have Klopp, Guardiola or similar lined up to come in?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024