Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Same as, same as.. 15:52 - Aug 25 with 883 viewsTieDyedIn95

No real threat from the 1 up top and poor and mistaken ridden at the back. It may be against a top tier side (as was Spurs) but it looks like more of the same. Mistakes coming from the usual suspects too.

I'm going out on a limb and saying we'll finish between 7th and 11th this season based on what I have seen so far. I know it's only pre-season but if your making those kind of mistakes like we did against Spurs and today against West Ham it doesn't matter what level your playing against your going to concede goals. We really should have learned by now to cut out those silly mistakes but for some reason we just can't shake them out of the team.

Lambert gone by November?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Same as, same as.. on 15:57 - Aug 25 with 845 viewsSouperJim

We're making mistakes as we're far from up to speed yet and are trying to play out from the back against teams much better than us. What worries me is if we continue to prove we can't do it to a high enough standard, will Lambert abandon it before real damage is done?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Same as, same as.. on 15:57 - Aug 25 with 845 viewsITFC_Forever

Hard to disagree with that.

We don't have the technical ability to play out from the back and don't have the cutting edge a team with our quality (on paper) should have.

Once we fail to get results, it'll all be thrown up in the air and PRP will cycle through various formations / line-ups with no consistency until ME finally puts everyone out of their misery.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Same as, same as.. on 16:00 - Aug 25 with 822 viewsHerbivore

There's an awful lot of handwringing and flouncing going on over a preseason friendly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Same as, same as.. on 16:01 - Aug 25 with 797 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Same as, same as.. on 16:00 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

There's an awful lot of handwringing and flouncing going on over a preseason friendly.

Especially when playing against Prem teams who have been playing competitive football for the last few months.

We are bound to be a bit rusty after 6 months without a competitive game.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Same as, same as.. on 16:06 - Aug 25 with 756 viewsBlueBadger

Same as, same as.. on 16:00 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

My views on Lambert are pretty firmly stated but anyone getting over excited in either direction needs to have a word with themselves.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Same as, same as.. on 16:08 - Aug 25 with 744 viewsChocorange

Same as, same as.. on 15:57 - Aug 25 by SouperJim

We're making mistakes as we're far from up to speed yet and are trying to play out from the back against teams much better than us. What worries me is if we continue to prove we can't do it to a high enough standard, will Lambert abandon it before real damage is done?

I am pretty sure I remember when Lamberts first came in we started playing out from the back and were so poor at it that it was binned.

Chambers I Recall looked uncomfortable with the short play out from the back.If we are sticking with this way of play , there has to be doubts around him being first choice.
Maybe this is why Nsiala is getting so much game time to see how ..new copes... we know Wilson can’t pass, and olfactory is nailed on.
Same as, same as.. on 19:29 - Aug 25 with 686 viewsRyorry

Same as, same as.. on 16:01 - Aug 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Especially when playing against Prem teams who have been playing competitive football for the last few months.

Think our fitness coach as well as players due a bit of respect on that front - they looked remarkably fit, considering the circumstances.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Same as, same as.. on 19:59 - Aug 25 with 654 viewsazuremerlangus

Same as, same as.. on 16:01 - Aug 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

I thought we looked OK taking that into consideration.

More positives than negatives for this stage of the season fro me.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Login to get fewer ads

Same as, same as.. on 20:39 - Aug 25 with 616 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Same as, same as.. on 15:57 - Aug 25 by ITFC_Forever

Hard to disagree with that.

We don't have the technical ability to play out from the back and don't have the cutting edge a team with our quality (on paper) should have.

Once we fail to get results, it'll all be thrown up in the air and PRP will cycle through various formations / line-ups with no consistency until ME finally puts everyone out of their misery.

It wasn't that hard.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Same as, same as.. on 20:39 - Aug 25 with 611 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Same as, same as.. on 16:06 - Aug 25 by BlueBadger

My views on Lambert are pretty firmly stated but anyone getting over excited in either direction needs to have a word with themselves.

What's your view on Lambert again? 😜

Agree with you on this though.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Same as, same as.. on 22:27 - Apr 13 with 349 viewsTieDyedIn95

Looks like I was right about the league position-ish but thought Lambert would have been gone months before he was. For me the writing was on the wall in the summer.

We need to give Cook the time to get this right and back him to do the job.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024