Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) 11:33 - Apr 15 with 1115 viewsdominiciawful

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:35 - Apr 15 with 1102 viewshaynes_toe1

Generally speaking you wait for the manager to do something positive before you start 'trusting' every decision they make.
🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:37 - Apr 15 with 1080 viewsMach_foreignBlue

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:35 - Apr 15 by haynes_toe1

Generally speaking you wait for the manager to do something positive before you start 'trusting' every decision they make.

And he has already done something positive. His true thoughts about this team and its stinking attitude following the Wimbledon game.

Cook's era starts following the final whistle of the Fleetwood game.
🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:38 - Apr 15 with 1075 viewschrismakin

He's let walker go

so there you go

In cook we trust

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 1016 viewsKropotkin123

He got 3 clubs promoted, won a cup competition in Ireland and qualified for the UEFA cup. He averages a win rate above 40%.

Our players have participated in relegation to League One and stagnation within the league.

I think I'll trust him over the players based upon those facts.

We know you preferred another manager, but it would be great if you didn't cry at every given opportunity.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:53 - Apr 15 with 1001 viewschrismakin

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:50 - Apr 15 by Kropotkin123

He got 3 clubs promoted, won a cup competition in Ireland and qualified for the UEFA cup. He averages a win rate above 40%.

Our players have participated in relegation to League One and stagnation within the league.

We know you preferred another manager, but it would be great if you didn't cry at every given opportunity.

he's a self confessed ' football fan, not ipswich supporter'

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:58 - Apr 15 with 988 viewspointofblue

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:50 - Apr 15 by Kropotkin123

It’s a balancing act. Cook’s words are great but his actions have been poor so far - I think bringing in Roberts was a sign of desperation and our performances on the pitch have not improved one bit (I don’t think Lambert went as long during his time in charge without a shot on target, despite the unquestionable damage he oversaw).

He rightly deserves to get the chance to overhaul the squad but it’s hardly been the start either we, or indeed, he expected with us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 12:03 - Apr 15 with 960 viewsKropotkin123

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:58 - Apr 15 by pointofblue

It’s a balancing act. Cook’s words are great but his actions have been poor so far - I think bringing in Roberts was a sign of desperation and our performances on the pitch have not improved one bit (I don’t think Lambert went as long during his time in charge without a shot on target, despite the unquestionable damage he oversaw).

He rightly deserves to get the chance to overhaul the squad but it’s hardly been the start either we, or indeed, he expected with us.

I expected better. But I genuinely think a significant amount of players have downed tools. With that in mind, I think we are in a different situation in terms of judging Cook. I'm not prepared to give the players the benefit of the doubt.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 12:12 - Apr 15 with 900 viewsclive_baker

How would you ever appoint someone in the first place if that was a prerequisite to trusting them?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 12:16 - Apr 15 with 874 viewschrismakin

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 11:58 - Apr 15 by pointofblue

Why is it a sign of desperation

He was offered a job which he probably wasn't expecting at the time, his trusted staff have alternative jobs and if he turned down the town job, it may have gone to someone else.

I wouldnt say desperate, i'd say he brought someone in he could trust.

Also, why does the manager get the blame for shots on target?

If it's 0 shots goal I get that, but what can he do as a manager during the game to ensure the shots taken are on target? I,E Sears the other day, not his fault, Dobra was 2 inches wide with his effort. ect etc
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 12:21]

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 12:33 - Apr 15 with 824 viewspointofblue

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 12:16 - Apr 15 by chrismakin

Why is it a sign of desperation

He was offered a job which he probably wasn't expecting at the time, his trusted staff have alternative jobs and if he turned down the town job, it may have gone to someone else.

I wouldnt say desperate, i'd say he brought someone in he could trust.

Also, why does the manager get the blame for shots on target?

If it's 0 shots goal I get that, but what can he do as a manager during the game to ensure the shots taken are on target? I,E Sears the other day, not his fault, Dobra was 2 inches wide with his effort. ect etc
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 12:21]

I just feel bringing in someone with, as far as I’m aware, no prior coaching experience is hardly a great step forward the club. He might be a good appointment but it just feels like Cook was picking on anyone he knows to give him support, rather than who would be good at the job.

If we start saying the manager cannot be questioned for a lack of shots on target then we start going down a slippery slope - is it the manager’s fault if they cannot find another guy in blue? Is it a manager’s fault if they concede goals? Is it a manager’s fault if we look porous at set pieces at one end and cannot convert them the other? The manager leads the team - though I freely admit in this case it doesn’t look like the players want to be led.

We’re safe from relegation; I almost wish we’d default the rest of the season, giving the opposition 3-0 wins, and start the rebuild now. Despite being within touching distance of the play offs the remaining games seem utterly pointless - in more ways than one.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 16:37 - Apr 16 with 611 viewsdominiciawful

I trust in him even more after reading just a few of his quotes from today.

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 18:57 - Apr 16 with 555 viewsstonojnr

zgreed, but Im sure Blue Action have got that great Hurst banner they had made they can recycle for Cook if needed...
🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 19:19 - Apr 16 with 526 viewsdominiciawful

🔵⚪️ In Cook we trust. 🔵⚪️ (n/t) on 18:57 - Apr 16 by stonojnr

zgreed, but Im sure Blue Action have got that great Hurst banner they had made they can recycle for Cook if needed...

I don't think Blue Action made that Hurst banner? They did the "Lambo" one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024