Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby could still be relegated 11:29 - May 10 with 3021 viewsJackSted

Turns out the EFL just won an appeal to find the club in breach of FFP

Sanction still yet to be determined but they could end up with a point deduction either this season or next lmao
[Post edited 10 May 2021 12:27]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Derby could still be relegated on 11:34 - May 10 with 2486 viewsSteve_M

No chance of that I think.

The EFL will put any points deduction in place for next season as the resultant legal action would drag on and be very messy.

It would be very funny though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Derby could still be relegated on 11:36 - May 10 with 2452 viewsTractorCam

As funny as that would be, i'm not sure issuing a points deduction after the season ended would be very sensible.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Derby could still be relegated on 11:36 - May 10 with 2437 viewsJackSted

Derby could still be relegated on 11:34 - May 10 by Steve_M

No chance of that I think.

The EFL will put any points deduction in place for next season as the resultant legal action would drag on and be very messy.

It would be very funny though.

Either way it looks like they could be playing League One football August 2022 which is hilarious

TWTD Supervillain

Derby could still be relegated on 11:37 - May 10 with 2426 viewsJackSted

Derby could still be relegated on 11:36 - May 10 by TractorCam

As funny as that would be, i'm not sure issuing a points deduction after the season ended would be very sensible.

Happened to Wigan last season didn't it?

TWTD Supervillain

Derby could still be relegated on 11:37 - May 10 with 2416 viewsMattinLondon

Derby could still be relegated on 11:36 - May 10 by JackSted

Either way it looks like they could be playing League One football August 2022 which is hilarious

Why is it that people enjoy Derby’s demise? Never understood it.
Derby could still be relegated on 11:45 - May 10 with 2261 viewshype313

Derby could still be relegated on 11:37 - May 10 by MattinLondon

Indeed, the same people crying foul about the amount of money they were spending were the same ones moaning about Marcus not investing.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Derby could still be relegated on 11:46 - May 10 with 2224 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Because they’re attitude to spending over the last 10 years is everything that is wrong with football.

For about five years they were favourites to get promoted, would bottle it late and then spend another 20m on players trying to buy the league. F**k em. I hope they go down. And then down again next year.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Derby could still be relegated on 11:47 - May 10 with 2178 viewsTractorCam

Derby could still be relegated on 11:45 - May 10 by hype313

Indeed, the same people crying foul about the amount of money they were spending were the same ones moaning about Marcus not investing.

Care to mention names?

I wasn't complaining about Evans' investment and am enjoying Derby's demise.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby could still be relegated on 11:50 - May 10 with 2135 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hold up a second.. there’s a huge difference between spending 20m a year on players with the sole intention of buying the league and wanting an owner to not sell the top scorer in the league and be replaced with Leon Best on a free.

Derby could still be relegated on 11:52 - May 10 with 2099 viewsSteve_M

I don't think that's true, certain posters who kept demanding Evans spend money were creaming themselves about how much Derby were spending on players.

In addition to Rommy's post, Derby have had an aggressive, intensely dislikeable approach on the pitch for most of the last five or six years. A dreadfully run club, suffering the consequences of that mismanagement is very funny (when it's not us of course).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Derby could still be relegated on 11:52 - May 10 with 2097 viewshype313

Derby could still be relegated on 11:50 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Hold up a second.. there’s a huge difference between spending 20m a year on players with the sole intention of buying the league and wanting an owner to not sell the top scorer in the league and be replaced with Leon Best on a free.

I'm not talking to you after your tip the other day

Derby could still be relegated on 11:54 - May 10 with 2057 viewsMrTown

They deserve to be relegated for their staying up celebrations alone.

One of the biggest spenders in the Championship, and celebrated surviving in a relegation scrap with Sheff Wed, Rotherham and Wycombe on the last day.

Made me chuckle.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Derby could still be relegated on 11:54 - May 10 with 2053 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Derby could still be relegated on 11:46 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Because they’re attitude to spending over the last 10 years is everything that is wrong with football.

For about five years they were favourites to get promoted, would bottle it late and then spend another 20m on players trying to buy the league. F**k em. I hope they go down. And then down again next year.

Um...aren't we about to do exactly that?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Derby could still be relegated on 11:56 - May 10 with 1997 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby could still be relegated on 11:52 - May 10 by hype313

I'm not talking to you after your tip the other day

Haha touché. Was somewhat disappointing when I put three up on twitter that day and the other two won. Of course the only one on here was the one that lost. But we march on. My 50/1 winner on here in January should keep everyone in the green from my tips for a little while though I’d have thought.

Derby could still be relegated on 11:57 - May 10 with 1963 viewshype313

Derby could still be relegated on 11:56 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Haha touché. Was somewhat disappointing when I put three up on twitter that day and the other two won. Of course the only one on here was the one that lost. But we march on. My 50/1 winner on here in January should keep everyone in the green from my tips for a little while though I’d have thought.

Yep you have plenty of credit in the bank, you can't win them all, it was a strange performance by him though, as lots of people fancied him.

Derby could still be relegated on 11:57 - May 10 with 1951 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby could still be relegated on 11:54 - May 10 by OriginalMarkyP

It’s much harder to slag off a club for possibly doing something in the future than the one who’ve done it for 5-10 years consistently. Atm.. it’s Derby who deserve to be punished. If we do what they’ve done for all these years, then by all means throw the book at us too

Derby could still be relegated on 12:01 - May 10 with 1880 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby could still be relegated on 11:57 - May 10 by hype313

Yep you have plenty of credit in the bank, you can't win them all, it was a strange performance by him though, as lots of people fancied him.

After making the break early (crucial at Chester) from his draw, he’d have been fav in running in the opening half mile. Writing was on the wall with a lap to go though when he didn’t battle the leader. Cardano is generally renowned for being gutsy when leading so for him to be dropped to third and be ok with that.. that had me worried at the time he wasn’t right. And so it proved. 8th of 20 in the end I think. Which is a shame as he was ultra consistent before that (6 in a row 1st or 2nd) - albeit often carrying slightly less weight. But I guess that happens sometimes, they’re not machines.

Derby could still be relegated on 12:04 - May 10 with 1827 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Derby could still be relegated on 11:37 - May 10 by JackSted

Happened to Wigan last season didn't it?

Yes - but that was administration related. Sheff Wed who got a FFP related sanction, got placed into next season so you would assume same happens here.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Derby could still be relegated on 12:04 - May 10 with 1819 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Derby could still be relegated on 11:57 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s much harder to slag off a club for possibly doing something in the future than the one who’ve done it for 5-10 years consistently. Atm.. it’s Derby who deserve to be punished. If we do what they’ve done for all these years, then by all means throw the book at us too

I guess if you've got the money in the bank, the fans are always going to want you to spend it. Evans spent initally and didn't succeed, and then stopped spending and didn't succeed again. We now have serious financial backing and everyone expects us to splash the cash, which we will surely do. I'm pretty sure if we spend and fail, the clamour will be to spend again and get it right, not to close the purse strings and do it another way. I think Derby throwing money at a problem is just a symptom of them having the money to do it.

Which is all a long-winded way of saying damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And as regards club spending on transfers/wages etc I would think that as a club about to build itself a very sumptuous glass house, we really shouldn't be looking for any bricks to throw.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 12:05]

Derby could still be relegated on 12:05 - May 10 with 1798 viewsSuperCoops

Derby could still be relegated on 11:54 - May 10 by OriginalMarkyP

Blimey, you are a cheerful soul these past few days, aren't you?
Derby could still be relegated on 12:10 - May 10 with 1734 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's the money, year after year, i dont mind clubs spending, I hope we do but the way it was done at Derby you could see their troubles comming. V much reaping what they have sewn there.

They did have an arrogance of divine right to promotion which sticks in the craw but also makes watching them choke every year absolutely hilarious. I did rather watch derby finish 7th every year for the next 10 years than see the relegated (though it's a close call) just because its so funny.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Derby could still be relegated on 12:15 - May 10 with 1662 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Derby could still be relegated on 12:05 - May 10 by SuperCoops

Blimey, you are a cheerful soul these past few days, aren't you?

I'm looking forward to it actually. Just because I'm not sure about certain aspects of the blind belief in 'the new era' doesn't mean I'm not excited about the prospect of my club having the chance to spend money and move up the leagues.

I've been a poster on Ipswich from back in the TeamTalk days (if you are old enough to remember them) and I care deeply about this club. I'm sorry if you don't agree with something I've said, but that's football. If you were to look back on everything I've posted ever (you'd really need to get out more) but you'd see I have very rarely criticised anyone within the club, of been part of an OUT brigade. Recently though I have felt slightly alarmed at the way a lot of fans have seen this latest development in our club's up and down (mainly down) fortunes as the answer to all our prayers to the point where we must accept everything without question, and toe the party line or else get vilified. That's totalitarian behaviour and unwise. A little dissent is always good, if for no other reason that it raises the idea of caution when everyone else is already rushing towards an unknown outcome.

Derby could still be relegated on 12:15 - May 10 with 1661 viewsMattinLondon

Derby could still be relegated on 12:10 - May 10 by BlueandTruesince82

It's the money, year after year, i dont mind clubs spending, I hope we do but the way it was done at Derby you could see their troubles comming. V much reaping what they have sewn there.

They did have an arrogance of divine right to promotion which sticks in the craw but also makes watching them choke every year absolutely hilarious. I did rather watch derby finish 7th every year for the next 10 years than see the relegated (though it's a close call) just because its so funny.

So when Marcus Evans arrived on the scene - with what was seen as a lot of money at his disposal- you didn’t think that promotion would follow shortly?

I’ve known a couple Derby fans and they never came across as feeling entitled to promotion.
Derby could still be relegated on 12:18 - May 10 with 1624 viewsHighgateBlue

Derby could still be relegated on 11:36 - May 10 by JackSted

Surely any current Championship club (apart from the current top two), and any of three current Premier League clubs, could be playing League One football in August 2022?
Derby could still be relegated on 12:21 - May 10 with 1577 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Derby could still be relegated on 12:15 - May 10 by MattinLondon

So when Marcus Evans arrived on the scene - with what was seen as a lot of money at his disposal- you didn’t think that promotion would follow shortly?

I’ve known a couple Derby fans and they never came across as feeling entitled to promotion.

I'm not suggesting the fans are entitled. The club is.

And no, I hoped for promotion, I've never expected it, I support Ipswich.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024