Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is left then? 07:11 - May 11 with 877 viewsBluefish

Holy
Cornell

Neither are good enough

KVY
Donacien
Nsiala
Woolfenden
Kenlock
Ndaba

A defence that desperately needs a leader and seems erratic.

Downes
Dozzell
Bishop
Nolan
McGavin
El Mizouni

Outstanding array of talent but not yet found a way to make them click

Lankester
Dobra

Very talented lads but both young

Norwood
Hawkins
Jackson
Drinan

Not enough goals, presumably Jackson is moved on and a number 1 striker recruited

It is still a big squad and you would assume at least 4 of the above will be attempted to be moved on

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What is left then? on 07:18 - May 11 with 812 viewsSE1blue

Agree 100% about the goalkeepers. Am sure one is incoming.

Midfield desperately needs goal scorers or to learn the ability to do this.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

What is left then? on 07:22 - May 11 with 792 viewsBlueySwede

I do think a few of these players will move on.
I think Cook is keeping a few just to be able to wheel and deal during the summer. The only one that has really surprised me was Drinan. Don´t see the point of keeping him, but maybe there is a plan from Cook, let´s wait and see.
Another thought is that Cook wants to make sure he really get the players he wants into the building before letting too many go.
What is left then? on 07:24 - May 11 with 785 viewsKropotkin123

It's Day two. I fully expect us to bring in a decent experienced CB.

Phil said he expects Donacien and Jackson to move on. Surely we can expect a keeper to move on too.

I doubt any player we look to bring in will be perceived as back up. So we can expect a fair number of those remaining to be squad players, not guaranteed starters.

I'm surprised we haven't culled the forward line more ruthlessly. I didn't expect Drinan or Hawkins to stay. Surprised Nolan is still here.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What is left then? on 07:27 - May 11 with 761 viewsBluefish

What is left then? on 07:24 - May 11 by Kropotkin123

Phil said he expects Donacien and Jackson to move on. Surely we can expect a keeper to move on too.

I doubt any player we look to bring in will be perceived as back up. So we can expect a fair number of those remaining to be squad players, not guaranteed starters.

I'm surprised we haven't culled the forward line more ruthlessly. I didn't expect Drinan or Hawkins to stay. Surprised Nolan is still here.

Nolan and Hawkins are in contract so need to window open. Drinan has surprised everyone but he has shown some flashes. He needs another loan though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What is left then? on 07:29 - May 11 with 742 viewstextbackup

We’re only 1 day into it, I’m checking back in in 4/5 weeks to see how we look

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What is left then? on 07:29 - May 11 with 735 viewsKropotkin123

What is left then? on 07:27 - May 11 by Bluefish

Nolan and Hawkins are in contract so need to window open. Drinan has surprised everyone but he has shown some flashes. He needs another loan though

Ah, fair enough. So perhaps we look to sell, if we get some decent players in.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What is left then? on 07:31 - May 11 with 723 viewsChrisd

That midfield, although it does have some talented players in there, it looks very lightweight. Overall you look at that squad and there’s still plenty of question marks over a lot players and some who have already shown that they aren’t really good enough for a side looking for promotion. It’s going to need some shrewd signings and clever wheeling and dealing by PC over the summer with players coming in who are better than what we’ve already got.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 7:43]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

What is left then? on 07:34 - May 11 with 692 viewstractorboy1978

What is left then? on 07:24 - May 11 by Kropotkin123

Several will still go as yet. Jackson, Donacien and probably Nsiala have been retained to shift for a fee, albeit small. Likes of Hawkins, Holy, Cornell, Nolan and McGavin I suspect we will test the market and see if anyone will take on/partially take on their contracts. If not, suspect they will be paid off early. Ndaba, El Mizouni, Dobra, Lankester could well be loaned out again if not seen as part of the first team.
Login to get fewer ads

What is left then? on 07:39 - May 11 with 631 viewsWallingford_Boy

Those four strikers.... shudder

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024