Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? 11:52 - May 14 with 1338 viewsITFC_96

They were 19th in the Championship and we are interested in their released (i.e. not good enough for one reason or another) players... some of which who have played less than 5 games the whole season?
[Post edited 14 May 2021 11:52]
Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:56 - May 14 with 1282 viewspointofblue

I’d take promotion in 21/22 followed by 19th in the Championship in 22/23. We’ll have to shop around for players with promise who didn’t click for whatever reason if we’re shopping upwards; we’re not about to get their first teamers who they want to keep.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:57 - May 14 with 1266 viewsITFC_96

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:56 - May 14 by pointofblue

I’d take promotion in 21/22 followed by 19th in the Championship in 22/23. We’ll have to shop around for players with promise who didn’t click for whatever reason if we’re shopping upwards; we’re not about to get their first teamers who they want to keep.

The issue here is that they should at the very least be established players. Why are we getting rid of our own youngsters who have had already had interest from bigger clubs, then replacing them with older players who have been released from smaller clubs?
Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:58 - May 14 with 1241 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:57 - May 14 by ITFC_96

The issue here is that they should at the very least be established players. Why are we getting rid of our own youngsters who have had already had interest from bigger clubs, then replacing them with older players who have been released from smaller clubs?

Because our youngsters aren't good enough.
Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:59 - May 14 with 1228 viewsITFC_96

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:58 - May 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Because our youngsters aren't good enough.

And these linked players are? I saw one being linked from Scunthorpe!
Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:01 - May 14 with 1201 viewsButterbing

Where are these links? It seems to be some people on here assuming we would want them because we have taken a few staff members.
Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:01 - May 14 with 1193 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:59 - May 14 by ITFC_96

And these linked players are? I saw one being linked from Scunthorpe!

Our manager will make the decisions re the linked ones if they are good enough.
Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:07 - May 14 with 1148 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have to judge each case on their merit.

Remember thats a league higher than us.

Also, remember when people didn't want McAuley because he was a CB in a relegated side?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:10 - May 14 with 1118 viewsITFC_96

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:07 - May 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have to judge each case on their merit.

Remember thats a league higher than us.

Also, remember when people didn't want McAuley because he was a CB in a relegated side?

Yeah, it's a league above us, but only 8 points from relegation with what is presumably their best team selection.
Login to get fewer ads

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:12 - May 14 with 1096 viewsTractorCam

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 11:57 - May 14 by ITFC_96

That smaller club is a league higher and these players have finished top half in 3 seasons prior to this one.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:13 - May 14 with 1084 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:10 - May 14 by ITFC_96

Yeah, it's a league above us, but only 8 points from relegation with what is presumably their best team selection.

Like I say, judge each player on their merits.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:19 - May 14 with 1021 viewschrismakin

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:10 - May 14 by ITFC_96

At one point they had 12 players covid positive

It's been a tough year at BC.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:21 - May 14 with 995 viewsBlueandTruesince82

We haven't announced a single signing yet so I'm not.sure who these imaginary players thay you are referring to are.

As for the OP we haven't been linked with a single layer from BC yet, it's just speculation on the forum.

Maybe pop a valium to help you relax

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:29 - May 14 with 931 viewsDevereuxxx

It's just speculation based on their retained list getting released today, although it's not beyond the realms of possibility we will be in for 1-2 of them. The names that leap out there are Nathan Baker, Liam Walsh and Jamie Paterson.

Seems Robins fans are pretty bemused as to why they weren't offered deals, which is a decent indicator they are highly thought of, whatever their final league position. These sort of players will be the barometer of whether we can persuade players to come to League One as well or whether we will be consistently blown out of the water by Championship teams.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 12:31]
Should I be worried about this sudden interest in Bristol City players? on 12:29 - May 14 with 933 viewsclive_baker

Depends who it is, surely? You can't put Downes and Nsiala in the same bracket just as you can't with their players. Someone like Liam Walsh for example, he looks a quality player. Young, on a free. Can't imagine he would drop to L1 but anyone dismissing a signing like that needs to give their head a wobble.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024