Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era 23:11 - May 14 with 1390 viewskizaitfc

Hilarious really, like some would prefer we just continued with the squad we have.

Let's give it until at least September before we start the blogs about the poor decisions the manager and owners have made please.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 23:13 - May 14 with 1371 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another flounce?!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 00:10 - May 15 with 1284 viewskizaitfc

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 23:13 - May 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Another flounce?!

A flounce about flouncers I guess yes!
[Post edited 15 May 2021 0:10]

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 07:28 - May 15 with 1120 viewsNeedhamChris

I haven’t seen anyone else feel the need to post negative threads twice in seven minutes.

Also this ‘only Ipswich fans’ stuff is nonsense. If you can find me one club where there aren’t differences of opinion then fine, but this need to call out fans for a different opinion to yours is tiresome.

Hilarious really

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 08:22 - May 15 with 1022 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 07:28 - May 15 by NeedhamChris

I haven’t seen anyone else feel the need to post negative threads twice in seven minutes.

Also this ‘only Ipswich fans’ stuff is nonsense. If you can find me one club where there aren’t differences of opinion then fine, but this need to call out fans for a different opinion to yours is tiresome.

Hilarious really

Difference of opinion is one thing, here we have thread after thread of everyone s worst case fears, it's like anxiety sufferers anonymous.

Just one example, yesterday someone posted Bristol City's released list and simply asked the question could we see any of those players comming here (fair enough) which was promptly followed by someone else posting their concerns about us being linked to said players In spite of the fact that A. We haven't been. B. Given its lazy journalists season it would be very easy for the press to do so and yet still we havent been.

This constant over analysis of every word or action that comes out of the club be it from players, coaches, owners or bluey is just madness.

By all means, discuss, debate, of course that's what a forum is for. But there are some people on here who are a hairs breadth away from worrying that the moon is going to fall out of the sky!

Its an exciting time, loads of new faces to come in, new owners, new money, new vision and whilst I understand some will have reservations about all that it is at least exciting so lets stop the nail chewing and try to worry about only the things we know as opposed work ourselves into frenzy over our imaginations?

Flounce over
[Post edited 15 May 2021 8:24]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 08:53 - May 15 with 918 viewsMattinLondon

I’m having a flounce about people who say ‘only Ipswich fans’ can be negative- all football fans can be negative about anything and everything.
Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 08:54 - May 15 with 907 viewsOsborneOneNil

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 08:22 - May 15 by BlueandTruesince82

Difference of opinion is one thing, here we have thread after thread of everyone s worst case fears, it's like anxiety sufferers anonymous.

Just one example, yesterday someone posted Bristol City's released list and simply asked the question could we see any of those players comming here (fair enough) which was promptly followed by someone else posting their concerns about us being linked to said players In spite of the fact that A. We haven't been. B. Given its lazy journalists season it would be very easy for the press to do so and yet still we havent been.

This constant over analysis of every word or action that comes out of the club be it from players, coaches, owners or bluey is just madness.

By all means, discuss, debate, of course that's what a forum is for. But there are some people on here who are a hairs breadth away from worrying that the moon is going to fall out of the sky!

Its an exciting time, loads of new faces to come in, new owners, new money, new vision and whilst I understand some will have reservations about all that it is at least exciting so lets stop the nail chewing and try to worry about only the things we know as opposed work ourselves into frenzy over our imaginations?

Flounce over
[Post edited 15 May 2021 8:24]

Exactly right. The level of flouncing has been quite breathtaking.

I’d imagine we are the envy of approx 90% of clubs in L1 & L2 right now.

Let’s enjoy it!!
Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 09:06 - May 15 with 889 viewsElephantintheRoom

I'm guessing you are not old enough to remember when Ipswich Town was a football club?

Granted it's nice not to be owned by a repulsive spiv like Evans any more - but seeing the club purchased by debt borrowed from Ohio by a bunch of chancers in Florida with no knowledge or expertise in what they are buying, relying on opportunists for the off chance of an easy buck is not that enticing to some and has more than a whiff of being flipped out of the frying pan into the fire.

You might like your new franchise - others don't. And most simply hanker after being as successful as Blackpool or Oxford United

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 11:35 - May 15 with 764 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 09:06 - May 15 by ElephantintheRoom

I'm guessing you are not old enough to remember when Ipswich Town was a football club?

Granted it's nice not to be owned by a repulsive spiv like Evans any more - but seeing the club purchased by debt borrowed from Ohio by a bunch of chancers in Florida with no knowledge or expertise in what they are buying, relying on opportunists for the off chance of an easy buck is not that enticing to some and has more than a whiff of being flipped out of the frying pan into the fire.

You might like your new franchise - others don't. And most simply hanker after being as successful as Blackpool or Oxford United

Are you aware that 3 lions own part of several football clubs?

Are you aware that all those clubs have been successfull under their tenure?

Have you noticed their engagement and interaction with the fan base has been more visible in a couple of months that we have had in 15 years of Evans?

Are you aware that we are almost debt free now and this was not a leveraged buy out in the same way many other clubs have been?

If you dont like the new structure thats fair enough but to call them chancers doesn't hold water, Erik Alonso they are not and I think painting them as such is grossly unfair.

As for Blackpool and Oxford being a yard stick, I think most have loftier ambitions.

The days of local businessman done good owning clubs are all but gone and you are hankering for an era that no longer exists im affraid.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 13:58 - May 15 with 637 viewsSpruceMoose

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 09:06 - May 15 by ElephantintheRoom

Yawn.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Only Ipswich fans could put a negative spin on a new era on 14:15 - May 15 with 596 viewsChurchman

Have you ever said anything positive or do you save that for your lobotomised friends on WOTB?

I notice you have stopped describing the new owners as ‘Offshore debt peddlars’. Is this because of the blog or are you just trying to ring the changes on the insults front?

What evidence do you have that ‘most simply hanker after being as successful as Blackpool or Oxford United’?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024