Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards to Wigan 21:18 - Jun 10 with 2779 viewsbournemouthblue

I got the impression certain players had already been speaking to clubs during the season and were playing within themselves to preserve their fitness

For me this free transfer explains an awful lot

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Edwards to Wigan on 21:24 - Jun 10 with 2695 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think it's any more sinister than 'Wigan have just made a bad signing'.

Edwards has never lacked for effort, it's just that he's crap.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 21:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Edwards to Wigan on 21:31 - Jun 10 with 2626 viewsMetal_Hacker

Edwards to Wigan on 21:24 - Jun 10 by BlueBadger

I don't think it's any more sinister than 'Wigan have just made a bad signing'.

Edwards has never lacked for effort, it's just that he's crap.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 21:28]

He’s not that good

Poll: If it were one or the other

Edwards to Wigan on 21:36 - Jun 10 with 2566 viewsDinnernotTea

Agree. Lost count the amount of times he would pick up a knock and off he goes. You can't blame I guess, late 20s has a family so of course needs to earn.

But he was still terrible. Powder puff player that only wanted to know if the team was sitting top. A brilliant debut and slowly but surely you realised why Peterborough were saying yes to less than £1m for him.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Edwards to Wigan on 21:38 - Jun 10 with 2550 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s quite the theory. Up there with cruncher claiming players were faking injuries.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Edwards to Wigan on 21:45 - Jun 10 with 2483 viewsITFCBlues

Edwards to Wigan on 21:38 - Jun 10 by Illinoisblue

That’s quite the theory. Up there with cruncher claiming players were faking injuries.

It's not though really. Suspect it's the norm when players get to this stage of their contracts. Didn't Evans say or rumours were that we'd been talking to him since April?

I suspect we'd offered him a deal and that he's getting offered a better one at Wigan.

Good luck to him. No great loss for us and I'm sure we can tempt someone with greater quality.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Edwards to Wigan on 21:57 - Jun 10 with 2413 viewsDinnernotTea

Have to be pretty dim if you don't think out of contract players aren't contacted in around January time about their next move.

One bad tackle and his move and x over 3 years is lost.

Edwards to Wigan on 22:17 - Jun 10 with 2306 viewspositivity

Edwards to Wigan on 21:57 - Jun 10 by DinnernotTea

Have to be pretty dim if you don't think out of contract players aren't contacted in around January time about their next move.

aren't all players allowed to talk to other clubs in the last 6 months of their contract?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Edwards to Wigan on 22:21 - Jun 10 with 2258 viewschrismakin

Edwards to Wigan on 22:17 - Jun 10 by positivity

aren't all players allowed to talk to other clubs in the last 6 months of their contract?

Scottish and leagues abroad yes. Not English leagues.
That window is 1 month prior to contract ending.

There is no way our players waited until end of season for their agents to start talking to clubs. Just like we would be head hunting players since PC came in.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards to Wigan on 22:54 - Jun 10 with 2140 viewsIllinoisblue

I wasn’t suggesting players/agents/manager don’t talk all the time. I was disputing the idea that players don’t try or are “saving their fitness”.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Edwards to Wigan on 23:36 - Jun 10 with 2027 viewsITFCBlues

Edwards to Wigan on 22:54 - Jun 10 by Illinoisblue

I wasn’t suggesting players/agents/manager don’t talk all the time. I was disputing the idea that players don’t try or are “saving their fitness”.

Well, it probably does happen doesn't it?

Is a player really likely to be throwing himself into tackles knowing that an injury may ruin his next move/contract?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Edwards to Wigan on 00:00 - Jun 11 with 1963 viewsCoco

It’s funny and Cruncher is very easy to mock but listening to the Peter Crouch pod he openly admits players regularly faked injuries to get out of numerous things.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Edwards to Wigan on 00:01 - Jun 11 with 1953 viewsCoco

Edwards to Wigan on 23:36 - Jun 10 by ITFCBlues

Well, it probably does happen doesn't it?

Is a player really likely to be throwing himself into tackles knowing that an injury may ruin his next move/contract?

Of course it happens. All the time.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Edwards to Wigan on 00:36 - Jun 11 with 1883 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Do you really think Wigan, who were in the bottom 3 in January, contacted Edwards then?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Edwards to Wigan on 06:54 - Jun 11 with 1715 viewsArnieM

I’d be more inclined to think players don’t try because they no longer have a vested interest in the club and can’t wait to get away but are tied to their contracts until the end of the season. So they put as little effort in, because they’d rather not be there . I have no idea why Cook kept picking some of the players . Most couldn’t give a shyte, that’s was plainly evident for months before the end of the season . Edwards “ display “ in the penultimate game was a disgrace to himself and (frankly he should have been hauled off ), but is an indication of the true nature of this player .

Good luck Wigan ... you’ve been duped !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Edwards to Wigan on 07:27 - Jun 11 with 1619 viewsbobbyramsey

"One bad tackle and his move and x over 3 years is lost."

So, are we saying that all players who are coming toward the end of a contract aren't really trying?
Edwards to Wigan on 07:39 - Jun 11 with 1588 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Edwards to Wigan on 07:27 - Jun 11 by bobbyramsey

So, are we saying that all players who are coming toward the end of a contract aren't really trying?

Really depends if they are stopping at their current club, or making a move to potentially their last ever club and their last ever big payday.

I know if I was 29 and being offered a lesser contract at my own club vs a better contract at another club, I wouldn't be risking my move and my families future, by risking my hamstrings or my knees etc.

I know all supporters like to think that players put their clubs first, but it really is Family, Self, Career, Club.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Edwards to Wigan on 07:51 - Jun 11 with 1528 viewstractorboy1978

I don't think that's the case but as with any job, there is perhaps a sub-conscious drop off in performance when you know you are coming to the end of it. The back end of last season did feel like we had a team of players working their two month notice period.
Edwards to Wigan on 09:03 - Jun 11 with 1389 viewsDinnernotTea

We're talking about Edwards here, not all players. But it's certain all players would get contacted by x y z club few months before he leaves his current club. I imagine we contacted Lee Evans the minute Cook was appointed, difference is Evans seems to have a bit more about him than Edwards and didn't down tools.

Edwards to Wigan on 09:05 - Jun 11 with 1374 viewsDinnernotTea

Really??? How many games of ours did you watch under Cook? Most couldn't give a toss and had one eye on their next move.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024