Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political football thread 23:30 - Jul 10 with 1474 viewsvapour_trail

The queen refers, in her letter to the squad, on how well they have conducted themselves.

Starmer refers to role models.

Johnson has to refrain from anything about values or behaviours, as clearly he is so far removed in those terms from GS and his squad.

Win or lose, and let’s hope we win, it will really piss me off to watch Johnson and his bunch of bigots seek to make political capital out of this wonderful group Southgate is leading. I hope GS has a strategy for this inevitability.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Political football thread on 23:32 - Jul 10 with 1445 viewsMullet

Maradonna and Pele both had to celebrate next to evil and incompetent dictators. I'll not judge GS if he poses for the obligatory photo and handshake because he'll probably savage them in the press when he gets his own opinion piece.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Political football thread on 23:37 - Jul 10 with 1421 viewsjeera

Political football thread on 23:32 - Jul 10 by Mullet

Maradonna and Pele both had to celebrate next to evil and incompetent dictators. I'll not judge GS if he poses for the obligatory photo and handshake because he'll probably savage them in the press when he gets his own opinion piece.

Gary Neville has already had his say of course!

More of that please.

Feck this complaining about mixing politics and sport. When the dirty feckers try to jump onto the sport bandwagon for their own personal gain they make themselves fair targets.

Fraudulent b*******s.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Political football thread on 23:39 - Jul 10 with 1405 viewsNewcyBlue

Political football thread on 23:32 - Jul 10 by Mullet

Bit harsh, I wouldn’t quite call the queen a dictator…
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 0:45]

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Political football thread on 00:00 - Jul 11 with 1384 viewsbluejacko

Is this the Starmer warning about crowds but has blagged himself tkts for tomorrow?
Political football thread on 00:09 - Jul 11 with 1376 viewsGuthrum

Political football thread on 00:00 - Jul 11 by bluejacko

Is this the Starmer warning about crowds but has blagged himself tkts for tomorrow?

As opposed to being roasted for staying away?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Political football thread on 00:33 - Jul 11 with 1343 viewsBlueBadger

Political football thread on 00:00 - Jul 11 by bluejacko

This is one of the more imaginative 'yes, but Labour' efforts, I'll give you that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Political football thread on 00:37 - Jul 11 with 1340 viewsXYZ

GS will accept and they should take the knee ...

Hungarian fans banned for 3 games due to racism/homophobia by XYZ 9 Jul 2021 22:37
If England win the Johnson will inevitably invite them to no. 10 to catch covid/ bring politics into sport/ grab a populist photo opportunity.

If they all took the knee in downing St with Johnson behind them just as the cameras clicked one might be amused.

Turning the tosser down would be better, but Southgate's too polite to do that.

Political football thread on 01:22 - Jul 11 with 1298 viewslightuser

Political football thread on 00:37 - Jul 11 by XYZ

Hungarian fans banned for 3 games due to racism/homophobia by XYZ 9 Jul 2021 22:37
If England win the Johnson will inevitably invite them to no. 10 to catch covid/ bring politics into sport/ grab a populist photo opportunity.

If they all took the knee in downing St with Johnson behind them just as the cameras clicked one might be amused.

Hopefully they did "the knee" as the Queen's letter was read out to them...😉

No reason to thank queenie for her deliberate non-employment of minorities and deliberate evasion of taxes via legislative loopholes (requested and signed off by her).
Login to get fewer ads

Political football thread on 07:08 - Jul 11 with 1188 viewsbluejacko

Political football thread on 00:33 - Jul 11 by BlueBadger

This is one of the more imaginative 'yes, but Labour' efforts, I'll give you that.

How about will he wear a mask?
Political football thread on 07:50 - Jul 11 with 1147 viewstextbackup

nothing will remotely piss me off if we win.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Political football thread on 08:29 - Jul 11 with 1082 viewsChurchman

Political football thread on 23:37 - Jul 10 by jeera

More of that please.

Feck this complaining about mixing politics and sport. When the dirty feckers try to jump onto the sport bandwagon for their own personal gain they make themselves fair targets.

Fraudulent b*******s.

They always have jumped on the bandwagon and always will, sadly.

I went to a lecture some years ago by the project manager who was in charge of organising the London Olympics. She started her job two years out and she said that at first the politicians didn’t want to know. They couldn’t distance themselves far enough. She and her teams were persona non grata. The politicians thought it’d be a disaster.

As the games loomed, she would have a short, once a week meeting with shiny charlatan Cameron to discuss risks and that was it. All of a sudden, it became clear that the games might be a success. Politicians began crawling out from under their rocks. By the time it was obvious that something special was happening the organisers were beating these people off with sticks. They all wanted a piece. Couldn’t get enough of it. Not the most savoury species. Sort of up there with wood lice.

Johnson was Mayor of London. His active involvement in organising the London Olympics was precisely zero. The organisers were relieved. They didn’t need a buffoon poking his pudgy face in. He was there at the end though, soaking up the plaudits. He’ll be there tonight too and we all know why.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 8:31]
Political football thread on 08:41 - Jul 11 with 1062 viewsPlums

Political football thread on 23:37 - Jul 10 by jeera

More of that please.

Fraudulent b*******s.

I had to chuckle at Gary Imlach’s comment on the Tour de France highlights last night. He was talking about how due to football and Wimbledon, Mark Cavendish’s extraordinary achievement hasn’t really had much British media coverage but at least that had spared the nation the sight of the PM in cycling gear.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Political football thread on 08:49 - Jul 11 with 1041 viewsPendejo

Political football thread on 07:50 - Jul 11 by textbackup

nothing will remotely piss me off if we win.

gout or constipation?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Political football thread on 09:00 - Jul 11 with 1003 viewstextbackup

Political football thread on 08:49 - Jul 11 by Pendejo

gout or constipation?

IF I NEED TO SUFFER THAT FOR THE WIN, I'LL TAKE IT!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Political football thread on 09:37 - Jul 11 with 932 viewsBlueBadger

Political football thread on 07:08 - Jul 11 by bluejacko

How about will he wear a mask?

Political football thread by BlueBadger 11 Jul 2021 0:33

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Political football thread on 12:56 - Jul 11 with 821 viewsXYZ

Political football thread on 00:37 - Jul 11 by XYZ

Cold War Steve now nicking my ideas ...

Political football thread on 14:44 - Jul 11 with 756 viewslightuser

Political football thread on 01:22 - Jul 11 by lightuser

Hopefully they did "the knee" as the Queen's letter was read out to them...😉

No reason to thank queenie for her deliberate non-employment of minorities and deliberate evasion of taxes via legislative loopholes (requested and signed off by her).

Blimey, a few forelock tuggers here?

So, what is it about queenies racist institution that you most admire (ignore the tax "avoidence" and anachronistic issues for the moment)?

She has even personally got exemptions to race and sex discrimination written into our very laws. These were extended as long ago as 2010 (so not very long ago basically).

It's 2021 and yet she employs few poc and non in senior positions. Her company is surely the epitome of what "taking the knee" is fighting.

You don't need to see fish, to smell something fishy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024