Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Found the first one 23:56 - Jul 31 with 3163 viewschrismakin

Wolfy doing a Toto and losing his man on this one, plus massive keeper error.

Another where you can easily pin point the problems at hand, rather than conceding a solid goal made by the opponents.

I've no idea though why Wolfy is so far up Harpers ar$e, has he ever watched anyone do that. No need for him to be doing that.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 0:03]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Found the first one on 00:49 - Aug 1 with 2967 viewspointofblue

I'm more worried about where Vincent-Young was. I wouldn't say that was Woolfenden's man necessarily as he's coming in from the right hand side. Woolfenden is naturally going to cover the middle as a centre back.

The Millwall midfielder saving the throw in I think threw us and we never truly recovered.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Found the first one on 01:00 - Aug 1 with 2964 viewsMoriarty

If that’s what we’re about, we’re dead meat.

Just prior to the Euro final, I wished England well and hoped that the positives about English football would prevail over the negatives. One poster called me an IRA sympathiser because of that and two others tried to supplement. Events unfolded and I noted how silent these 3 musketeers were when post Euro final events unfolded. They remain on ignore.

Safe to opine? Safe to offer a reasoned view?

Honestly, I think this is as likely to go badly wrong as it is to succeed. I think there are as many reasons to be worried as optimistic. My prognosis is guarded and I hope my worries prove unfounded.

We need a good start. We really do.

fka omuircheartaigh

Found the first one on 01:07 - Aug 1 with 2946 viewspointofblue

Found the first one on 01:00 - Aug 1 by Moriarty

Just prior to the Euro final, I wished England well and hoped that the positives about English football would prevail over the negatives. One poster called me an IRA sympathiser because of that and two others tried to supplement. Events unfolded and I noted how silent these 3 musketeers were when post Euro final events unfolded. They remain on ignore.

Honestly, I think this is as likely to go badly wrong as it is to succeed. I think there are as many reasons to be worried as optimistic. My prognosis is guarded and I hope my worries prove unfounded.

The thing is we don't - we just need to retain our confidence and faith if we struggle. I said elsewhere, Blackpool lost five of their first seven last season and were in 13th and nine points off the top six when we beat them down here in February. They're now in a division higher than us.

We're still missing key parts of the puzzle, the main one being an experienced centre back to accompany probably Edmundson and, if he's missing, Woolfenden. Nsiala is enough to give anyone partnering him the yips, Ndaba is too inexperienced and we saw what happened when we paired two young centre backs together last season (though Edmundson is older and has played more matches than McGuinness).

We need to learn to play together and this isn't going to happen overnight; as Cook said if we could have a longer pre-season it would be perfect but we don't. We'll have to learn on the job.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Found the first one on 02:13 - Aug 1 with 2862 viewsITFCBlues

KVY at fault there. Gave up on the ball initially then didn't track back.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Found the first one on 02:29 - Aug 1 with 2846 viewsIllinoisblue

Neat how we have four defenders all backing off and not closing down the shot. Good job Morecambe are not Milwall!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Found the first one on 02:50 - Aug 1 with 2830 viewsBluearmy71

So you are kinda sitting on the fence with us then??

Given the class of opposition we are mostly going to face in league 1 will be much lower quality than Millwall today the mistakes and positional errors won't be noticed as much or as costly!!

For the season ahead I think we can all go into it with a high degree of optimism but none should go into it with expectation, as PC said and we all know "we are a work in progress" no matter what our start over the first five games we can't get all defeatist and criticise as we have to give the team time to gel, we all just need to be understanding of what is going on don't give any individual player or the team needless pressure to perform from the off, we know with ten or so changes it probably won't click right away!!

I think after the first month is out the way that is when I feel our real starting point is and should start to see us kick on, that's more than enough games to get a much better understanding of each others play even though they may not be fully gelled by then.
Found the first one on 06:55 - Aug 1 with 2607 viewsgordon

Isn't that KVY who just gave up on following his man to stand there with his arm in the air for a bit?
Found the first one on 07:35 - Aug 1 with 2457 viewsAbracadobra

Found the first one on 06:55 - Aug 1 by gordon

Isn't that KVY who just gave up on following his man to stand there with his arm in the air for a bit?

That’s Harper, KVY did give it away initially though
Login to get fewer ads

Found the first one on 08:35 - Aug 1 with 2188 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yeah, you were soooooooo right about the disastrous Euros campaign!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Found the first one on 09:40 - Aug 1 with 1922 viewspennblue

There is no doubt our defence needs <more> new recruits. It does not matter what league you are in, if you leak goals you are not going anywhere fast.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Found the first one on 09:40 - Aug 1 with 1920 viewsWestcountryblue

From what i'm seeing, it looks to be some KVY ball watching. Had he checked his shoulder, he would have picked up the runner. Communication from GK and CB's is important too with this kind of thing.
Found the first one on 09:52 - Aug 1 with 1849 viewsNthQldITFC

Found the first one on 09:40 - Aug 1 by Westcountryblue

From what i'm seeing, it looks to be some KVY ball watching. Had he checked his shoulder, he would have picked up the runner. Communication from GK and CB's is important too with this kind of thing.

Yeah, ball watching and a lack of communication all round. But I wouldn't put it down to any individual in a pre-season game with a team of new players and returning injured who have had a few weeks at best to learn each other's names and the system they are playing. This sort of cock up at this stage is inevitable, and doesn't need to be dwelt on or over-analysed.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Found the first one on 12:57 - Aug 1 with 1618 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Found the first one on 15:30 - Aug 1 with 1392 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who is the central midfielder who stood watching rather than try and help the defence out at 8 seconds in?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Found the first one on 15:32 - Aug 1 with 1377 viewswkj

Found the first one on 15:30 - Aug 1 by GlasgowBlue

Who is the central midfielder who stood watching rather than try and help the defence out at 8 seconds in?

That would be Douglas. He finally finished the run he started a few seasons ago.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Found the first one on 17:49 - Aug 1 with 1200 viewsNthQldITFC

Found the first one on 15:32 - Aug 1 by wkj

That would be Douglas. He finally finished the run he started a few seasons ago.

That comment arrived very late and therefore has not got the credit it deserves.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Found the first one on 20:44 - Aug 1 with 1017 viewslazyblue

You don’t see it but KYV should have really have stopped right at the start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024