Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on 17:03 - Aug 7 with 1458 viewsDubtractor

2 dreadful goals to concede, and not enough chance creation.

I'm confident we'll come good, but that looked very much a team yet to gel, as you'd expect.

Should add, that equaliser is a big goal even this early on the season.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 17:04]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:09 - Aug 7 with 1323 viewsParisBlue

Lets see how the squad looks at the end of August.

The team that ends the season is rarely the team that starts it. I thought we were OK, certainly more purpose, more energy and played 10 yards further forward. Passing was off but that may be rustiness.

There must be something about the corners of the pitch at PR that causes so many poor corners being taken.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 17:20]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:14 - Aug 7 with 1265 viewsSaigonTractor

My main takeaway from the game is that I was more entertained than at any point last season. There were definitely problems, but that's to be expected of a team with 8 new players in the starting 11.

I've got faith this team will come good, especially once we've had a few more CB signings. But it won't happen immediately.
Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:46 - Aug 7 with 1154 viewsDubtractor

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:14 - Aug 7 by SaigonTractor

My main takeaway from the game is that I was more entertained than at any point last season. There were definitely problems, but that's to be expected of a team with 8 new players in the starting 11.

I've got faith this team will come good, especially once we've had a few more CB signings. But it won't happen immediately.

Yeah, agree with that.

I thought we played well in patches, and you could see the intent to attack and get behind them, but the play in the final third was too often very sloppy. KVY and Burns in particular had some great build up play, but it faltered in the final 3rd with poor decision making.

With a few more games, and time on the training ground, this team will come come I'm sure.

And Harper looks a potential steal - so composed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:49 - Aug 7 with 1144 viewsJDB23

A draw after those 2 howlers is just about OK. I thought Fraser looked good but the rest of the front 4 were rather anonymous. Harper, Evans and KVY all had good games and will be key players for us this year. Lots of work to do still and reinforcements needed.
Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:54 - Aug 7 with 1123 viewsSaigonTractor

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:46 - Aug 7 by Dubtractor

Yeah, agree with that.

I thought we played well in patches, and you could see the intent to attack and get behind them, but the play in the final third was too often very sloppy. KVY and Burns in particular had some great build up play, but it faltered in the final 3rd with poor decision making.

With a few more games, and time on the training ground, this team will come come I'm sure.

And Harper looks a potential steal - so composed.

Both Harper and Evans look like fantastic signings. It felt like Evans made more successful long passes today than Dozzell did the entire of last season.
Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:56 - Aug 7 with 1105 viewspointofblue

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:49 - Aug 7 by JDB23

A draw after those 2 howlers is just about OK. I thought Fraser looked good but the rest of the front 4 were rather anonymous. Harper, Evans and KVY all had good games and will be key players for us this year. Lots of work to do still and reinforcements needed.

Bar scoring, I thought Fraser was our worst player and Burns little better - constantly givign the ball away and stalling momentum. Chaplin was non-existent but Piggot performed decently.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 18:00 - Aug 7 with 1072 viewstonybied

I was happy to see 2 halves of equally decent quality barring the 2 bits of dodgy defending. Still a work in progress but there are definitely signs of a good side there if we can shore up the defence.
Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 18:09 - Aug 7 with 1022 viewsjas0999

Agree - but the defending was woeful for both goals. Must improve in that area.
Login to get fewer ads

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 19:05 - Aug 7 with 925 viewshype313

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:56 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Bar scoring, I thought Fraser was our worst player and Burns little better - constantly givign the ball away and stalling momentum. Chaplin was non-existent but Piggot performed decently.

Agreed, i was hugely underwhelmed by Fraser, constantly lots his battles, looked lightweight and his delivery from corners and cross was giving me nightmares about Gwion.

Not getting it past the first man from a corner is infuriating.

Evans oozes class though, what a player.

Shame I missed you in the Greyhound, caught up with Steve and Mullet, next time.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 877 viewsDubtractor

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 19:05 - Aug 7 by hype313

Agreed, i was hugely underwhelmed by Fraser, constantly lots his battles, looked lightweight and his delivery from corners and cross was giving me nightmares about Gwion.

Not getting it past the first man from a corner is infuriating.

Evans oozes class though, what a player.

Shame I missed you in the Greyhound, caught up with Steve and Mullet, next time.

I was a bit later getting there than planned, would be nice to catch up another time though!

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 19:57 - Aug 7 with 799 viewsHerbivore

I thought we were pretty poor overall. Defensively we gave them two bad goals, our first goal was lovely but the only real moment of quality in the match. I'm confident we'll get better but we were largely quite rubbish today against what will be a bottom two side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:01 - Aug 7 with 763 viewspointofblue

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 19:57 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

I thought we were pretty poor overall. Defensively we gave them two bad goals, our first goal was lovely but the only real moment of quality in the match. I'm confident we'll get better but we were largely quite rubbish today against what will be a bottom two side.

I usually think I'm negative but you've beaten me on this today.

From my point of view Penney, Harper, Evans and Pigott had good to very good games. Donacien performed well when he came on too whilst Vincent-Young did well to start with but admittedly faded.

Woolfenden obviously had an error and, whilst it wasn't a strong performance, I don't think his overall performance was as dreadful as others do. Our biggest issue was three of our front four - Chaplin was non-existent, Burns continually ran into cul de sacs and Fraser, other than the goal, did nothing but give the ball away. Improvement definitely needed there.

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:07 - Aug 7 with 740 viewsHerbivore

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:01 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

I usually think I'm negative but you've beaten me on this today.

From my point of view Penney, Harper, Evans and Pigott had good to very good games. Donacien performed well when he came on too whilst Vincent-Young did well to start with but admittedly faded.

Woolfenden obviously had an error and, whilst it wasn't a strong performance, I don't think his overall performance was as dreadful as others do. Our biggest issue was three of our front four - Chaplin was non-existent, Burns continually ran into cul de sacs and Fraser, other than the goal, did nothing but give the ball away. Improvement definitely needed there.

I thought Piggot looked like a poor man's Stead today, which is fine as Stead was worth 15 goals a season in the Championship. I wasn't wowed though. The other members of the frontline were poor, as you allude to. Harper looks too good for this level, as does Evans 80% of the time. Penney very hit and miss, mostly today like Garbutt on an off day I thought.

Morecambe are a really poor side, probably closer to Leiston and Lowestoft than us in absolute terms, and they warranted a point. We'll improve I'm sure but a couple of areas aside I'd feel I was really reaching in going hard on the positives. Chalk today up as a work in progress and hope better days come quickly, imo.

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:10 - Aug 7 with 723 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 17:49 - Aug 7 by JDB23

Personally wasn’t that sold on either Chaplin or Fraser and I do wonder whether they might have been more effective playing in the others position. That said, they combined really well for the first goal. They will both improve I’m sure

Burns had a frustrating afternoon but there’s clearly a spark there. He will be a match winner I have no doubt during the course of the season.

Pigott looked a decent addition and a significant upgrade on n anything we had upfront last season bar Norwood.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

Poll: Our final position

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:13 - Aug 7 with 702 viewspointofblue

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:10 - Aug 7 by southnorfolkblue

Personally wasn’t that sold on either Chaplin or Fraser and I do wonder whether they might have been more effective playing in the others position. That said, they combined really well for the first goal. They will both improve I’m sure

Burns had a frustrating afternoon but there’s clearly a spark there. He will be a match winner I have no doubt during the course of the season.

Pigott looked a decent addition and a significant upgrade on n anything we had upfront last season bar Norwood.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

That's a good point, in hindsight, considering their struggles, I wish we had tried switching Chaplin and Fraser.

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:14 - Aug 7 with 700 viewschrismakin

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 19:57 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

Largely quite rubbish lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:16 - Aug 7 with 681 viewsHerbivore

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:14 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Largely quite rubbish lol

Glad you find it funny, mate. I'm hoping for improvement.

Some positive signs, but a LOT to improve on on 20:37 - Aug 7 with 587 viewsCuffy81

We'll do well to concede two goals as bad as that all season hopefully, first one was a collection of defensive mistakes, credit to Morecambe they done their homework and Stockton isolated, harried and bullied Woolf all game long. Second one is obviously Woolfs mistake but Penny didn't do him any favours with the ball to him.

Two good goals in very different ways, thought Harper and Evans started to move the quicker second half and started to dominate, getting the switch of play done earlier meant more space for our full backs to exploit. Impressed with Harper, can only remember him wasting one ball towards the end.

Much to work on, it's clear our full backs are going to be pivotal to the way we play. Would like to see Fraser centrally, saw flashes of what he's about but won't effect the game enough playing wide left in a 3.

Great to be back at Portman road, frustrating to make basic mistakes but delighted to get something from the game - we go again on Tuesday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024