Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The mis-use of Fraser? 10:32 - Aug 18 with 1049 viewsElderGrizzly

One of the more baffling choices by Cook is to continually play Fraser anywhere but the position where he has been so successful for MK Dons.

He moans we aren't creating chances. The one player who has excelled in that is stuck out on the wing rather than the No.10 position we need.

Out of position due to injuries or does Cook simply not see the best L1 No.10 last season as a No.10?
The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:37 - Aug 18 with 1010 viewssaffers12

Same old issue, square pegs....it does not make any sense
The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:44 - Aug 18 with 969 viewsJakeITFC

I don't think he is playing on the wing, our attacking midfield three are all quite narrow. His overall positions taken up are probably not dissimilar to his role for MK Dons last season (although I think he is probably more effective on the left of that three rather than the right).
The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 953 viewsElderGrizzly

The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:44 - Aug 18 by JakeITFC

I don't think he is playing on the wing, our attacking midfield three are all quite narrow. His overall positions taken up are probably not dissimilar to his role for MK Dons last season (although I think he is probably more effective on the left of that three rather than the right).

Wing is probably unfair I agree, but he certainly isn't in a position to influence a game where he was for MK.

I worry we have so many choices in the final 3rd, Cook is struggling to know what is his best ' four attacking players.
The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:47 - Aug 18 with 943 viewsLankHenners

It does feel a bit like he’s being shoehorned in. The system means he doesn’t really play out wide as such but he doesn’t look particularly comfortable coming in from wider positions, particularly on the right hand side.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:48 - Aug 18 with 930 viewsMarkp68

It might be a good idea if our esteemed local journalists from the EADT ask Cook why he’s persisting in this! Failing that perhaps our own Phil could as someone needs to as it seems mind boggling to me
The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:51 - Aug 18 with 906 viewsJakeITFC

The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:46 - Aug 18 by ElderGrizzly

Wing is probably unfair I agree, but he certainly isn't in a position to influence a game where he was for MK.

I worry we have so many choices in the final 3rd, Cook is struggling to know what is his best ' four attacking players.

Buying an out and out 10 was a weird call in a system that he uses two forwards in every week, but I think Fraser is actually going to be an asset in that wider role - looks to link up well with players, is a good crosser and can beat a man.

Hopefully it will make more sense when our full backs are up and running properly.
The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:52 - Aug 18 with 886 viewsElderGrizzly

The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:51 - Aug 18 by JakeITFC

Buying an out and out 10 was a weird call in a system that he uses two forwards in every week, but I think Fraser is actually going to be an asset in that wider role - looks to link up well with players, is a good crosser and can beat a man.

Hopefully it will make more sense when our full backs are up and running properly.

Good point.

A fit Coulson and KVY should make a difference from an attacking perspective. But do we then struggle at the back even more?

Edmundson coming in alongside Burgess appears to be a key missing piece right now.
The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:52 - Aug 18 with 882 viewsSimonds92

This season's Alan Judge so far. Certainly can't play on the rhs, I'll hold judgement completely until he plays central but if he continues to play wide right he doesn't look good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:59 - Aug 18 with 842 viewsSomethingBlue

We certainly aren't seeing him in those pockets around the box where he can unpick teams, and we badly need that capacity. I don't mind a certain amount of fluidity in the three around the striker though and perhaps that's the idea here. There were a few times when Edwards picked the ball up centrally and, with that wonderfully tight close control he has, caused havoc — making me wonder if in the long term he could play in there. We clearly need to sort out what works best when, because we have the materials.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The mis-use of Fraser? on 11:09 - Aug 18 with 779 viewsMullet

The mis-use of Fraser? on 10:59 - Aug 18 by SomethingBlue

We certainly aren't seeing him in those pockets around the box where he can unpick teams, and we badly need that capacity. I don't mind a certain amount of fluidity in the three around the striker though and perhaps that's the idea here. There were a few times when Edwards picked the ball up centrally and, with that wonderfully tight close control he has, caused havoc — making me wonder if in the long term he could play in there. We clearly need to sort out what works best when, because we have the materials.

You need to coach that though and throughout the squad, so that everyone knows where to run, where to put the ball etc.

We saw that not coming off against Morecambe and it being understandable. If it persists much longer then it is clearly a failure.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The mis-use of Fraser? on 11:20 - Aug 18 with 717 viewsJDB23

Fraser out wide is a complete waste of a position. Understand with our current injuries that options are limited, but I’d rather Dobra played on the right for example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024