Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactically and Penney 23:45 - Aug 17 with 3043 viewsChocorange

A little concerned over how nieve we have been against both Burton and Cheltenham tactic of long throw.

We have put out the ball without thinking for a throw in a dangerous area that ends up rite in the middle of our own area causing chaos.
Defenders think twice about giving a corner away but we have allowed ( I lost count) god knows how many long throws into our pen area over the last 2 games.

This should have been dealt with in the pre match tactical briefings , so either the manager didn’t get the message across or the defenders weren’t listening.

I add to that Penney, terrible back pass vs Morecambe a pen vs Burton and beaten fir the 2nd goal tonight . Better than kenlock , the jury is out for me.
Tactically and Penney on 00:20 - Aug 18 with 2958 viewsIllinoisblue

Agree on Penney. Significant errors in all three games. Good job he’s not called Toto or he’d be getting all sorts of stick.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tactically and Penney on 00:29 - Aug 18 with 2930 viewspointofblue

Tactically and Penney on 00:20 - Aug 18 by Illinoisblue

Agree on Penney. Significant errors in all three games. Good job he’s not called Toto or he’d be getting all sorts of stick.

I think it’s more a case that Woolfenden has been acting as a smokescreen for him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tactically and Penney on 02:26 - Aug 18 with 2818 viewsGarv

Any credit for his goal?

In reference to the OP, the back pass against Morecambe wouldn't have been noteworthy had Woolfenden not done with it what he did.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tactically and Penney on 03:52 - Aug 18 with 2783 viewsIllinoisblue

Tactically and Penney on 02:26 - Aug 18 by Garv

Any credit for his goal?

In reference to the OP, the back pass against Morecambe wouldn't have been noteworthy had Woolfenden not done with it what he did.

Yep, good goal, nice hit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tactically and Penney on 04:23 - Aug 18 with 2758 viewsJuggsy

Any credit for his goal?

Good hit, speculative though and poor keeping.
Tactically and Penney on 08:10 - Aug 18 with 2556 viewsChocorange

Any credit for his goal?

Yes good goal , nice to see him take a first time shot when the chance came up.

But we can’t keep letting in 2 goals a game and expect to be anywhere near the promotion places .

Agree Wolf hasn’t had a great start either , but many others have highlighted this while Penney’s involvement has gone much more unnoticed.
Tactically and Penney on 08:24 - Aug 18 with 2505 viewsKeaneish

I think Penney is a victim of mistakes in the previous phase of play or others own failings to be honest. Either way, he’s stiff competition for Coulson.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tactically and Penney on 08:24 - Aug 18 with 2498 viewschrismakin

Penney is the only one where I don't see him being better than a previous player. He is so similar to Kenlock, i'd even say Kenlock is a better defender.

Coulsen getting fit is very important.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Tactically and Penney on 20:00 - Oct 9 with 2188 viewsMarkoW1

Tactically and Penney on 08:24 - Aug 18 by Keaneish

I think Penney is a victim of mistakes in the previous phase of play or others own failings to be honest. Either way, he’s stiff competition for Coulson.

Penney for me
Tactically and Penney on 20:09 - Oct 9 with 2131 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Put KVY in at left back.

He was a left back at Colchester I think.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Tactically and Penney on 20:16 - Oct 9 with 2084 viewsbazza

I’d like to see coulson replacing Penney , and edwards to start, Much more pace down the wings. edwards really changed the game today when he came on. To many times it’s getting passed to burns down the right, he looked burned out today. Penney at times was wandering around in acres of space doing nothing.
Tactically and Penney on 21:48 - Oct 9 with 1978 viewsEireannach_gorm

This is a Wingback Vs Fullback debate. A bit like the other side where KVY has lost out to the better defender my preference would be to have a solid defence. The basis of all good football teams is a solid defence.
Tactically and Penney on 14:42 - Oct 10 with 1759 viewsMarkoW1

Penney appears to get his fair share of stick, errors or no errors.
Footballs a team game ain’t it.
Thought Penney did well yesterday and played his part in both our goals
Tactically and Penney on 15:07 - Oct 10 with 1724 views_sanctimoanious_

Tactically and Penney on 14:42 - Oct 10 by MarkoW1

Penney appears to get his fair share of stick, errors or no errors.
Footballs a team game ain’t it.
Thought Penney did well yesterday and played his part in both our goals

Footballers come with their previous club baggage. Sheff Weds fans tagged him with the 'great going forward but can't defend' badge and low and behold it has stuck. Same way Ted Bishop is being lauded with 'great player if he can stay fit' tag at Lincoln.
Tactically and Penney on 16:43 - Oct 11 with 1539 viewsMarkoW1

Tactically and Penney on 15:07 - Oct 10 by _sanctimoanious_

Footballers come with their previous club baggage. Sheff Weds fans tagged him with the 'great going forward but can't defend' badge and low and behold it has stuck. Same way Ted Bishop is being lauded with 'great player if he can stay fit' tag at Lincoln.

Unfortunately yes you’re right
We should however see for ourselves , personally think he’ll turn out to be a great signing ( given a run of games)
Tactically and Penney on 00:11 - Oct 12 with 1392 viewsSarge

Tactically and Penney on 16:43 - Oct 11 by MarkoW1

Unfortunately yes you’re right
We should however see for ourselves , personally think he’ll turn out to be a great signing ( given a run of games)

Why did you fish out an old thread from August and why are 98% of your posts about Matt Penney?
Tactically and Penney on 16:41 - Oct 12 with 1147 viewsMarkoW1

Tactically and Penney on 00:11 - Oct 12 by Sarge

Why did you fish out an old thread from August and why are 98% of your posts about Matt Penney?

Just seems to get a bit of stick to say he was actually a free
Tactically and Penney on 17:44 - Oct 12 with 1107 viewstrncbluearmy

Tactically and Penney on 15:07 - Oct 10 by _sanctimoanious_

right now I would say both views are just about right,
sooner Coulson is fit the better Penney is great cover but some of his defending has been poor and cost goals
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024