Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the way it's going to go?... 10:10 - Nov 25 with 1685 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Cook is already gone and almost certainly knows it, but under strict legal non-disclosure to say nothing,

He is staying in nominal charge for the Crewe game while Ashton et al negotiate with the replacement.

After Crewe he will step aside to be replaced by Manager X who then has 10 days before our next league game.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 10:11]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 10:20 - Nov 25 with 1594 viewsiamipswich

Obviously I can't speak with any authority on what's going on inside ITFC but I really think you're thinking too much about it and Cook's job is safer than you think (for now).

Poll: Who will return first?

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 10:30 - Nov 25 with 1549 viewsBlueySwede

No.
Is this the way it's going to go?... on 11:53 - Nov 25 with 1408 viewsFrankMarshall

Don't think so. But if we start to get closer to the relegation zone than the play-offs that could change.

If Crewe somehow won they'd be 9 points behind us lol

Frank Marshall

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 12:09 - Nov 25 with 1357 viewsnodge_blue

Vivid imagination. I'll give you that.

Maybe they've got Alex Ferguson lined up as replacement too!

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 16:43 - Nov 25 with 1088 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 16:48 - Nov 25 with 1072 viewsArnieM

OP’er: sorry but I find your comments laughable and utter tosh .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 16:52 - Nov 25 with 1051 viewsbobbyramsey

Delusional wishful thinking probably......
Is this the way it's going to go?... on 16:55 - Nov 25 with 1038 viewsITFC_Forever

You are talking absolute rubbish.

Cook is no-where near the exit door yet - the club have invested far too much money in him and the players he signed for them to bin him any time soon.
A number of the players only came here for him, and although as somone said at the time, we have put alot of (if not all) our eggs in a Paul Cook shaped basket, the end is not coming any time soon for him.

Other than Ryan Lowe at Plymouth, I am also struggling to think of any managers who I would want.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 17:13 - Nov 25 with 977 viewsxrayspecs

Why do you bother positing such nonsense?

The club are not going to sack Cook after a slow start to the season with a brand new team.

In recent weeks:
We got beat by a better team on Tuesday, which came as no surprise to most fans.
We did enough at Sunderland (6th) and Plymouth (3rd) to get at least a point.
We dismantled Wycombe (2nd) and Portsmouth (9th).
We deserved at least a point against Oxford (7th) and the point we took from Sheff W (5th), albeit were fortunate at the end.

We are joint top scorers in the division.
Is this the way it's going to go?... on 17:22 - Nov 25 with 942 viewschrismakin

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 17:13 - Nov 25 by xrayspecs

Why do you bother positing such nonsense?

The club are not going to sack Cook after a slow start to the season with a brand new team.

In recent weeks:
We got beat by a better team on Tuesday, which came as no surprise to most fans.
We did enough at Sunderland (6th) and Plymouth (3rd) to get at least a point.
We dismantled Wycombe (2nd) and Portsmouth (9th).
We deserved at least a point against Oxford (7th) and the point we took from Sheff W (5th), albeit were fortunate at the end.

We are joint top scorers in the division.

Whilst I don't think the OP is correct. I do find your reply slightly odd in that you've outlined the fact we lost games we shouldn't have done. Drew a game we were lucky to draw in. And beat 2 sides.

On the goal front. Other than 3 games it's 20 goals in 16 games.. is that prolific? Of course it's easy to say take away 3 games.. but overall is 20 across 16 a top goal scoring return or do 3 games make it look better than it is?

We've only scored 2 in 6 recently.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 17:26]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 17:42 - Nov 25 with 856 viewsxrayspecs

Is this the way it's going to go?... on 17:22 - Nov 25 by chrismakin

Whilst I don't think the OP is correct. I do find your reply slightly odd in that you've outlined the fact we lost games we shouldn't have done. Drew a game we were lucky to draw in. And beat 2 sides.

On the goal front. Other than 3 games it's 20 goals in 16 games.. is that prolific? Of course it's easy to say take away 3 games.. but overall is 20 across 16 a top goal scoring return or do 3 games make it look better than it is?

We've only scored 2 in 6 recently.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 17:26]

Not at all.

With the exception of Rotherham, we have played at least as well as the other sides I mentioned in the top half of the table and could/should have had more points than we have from those games. I do not agree with you that "we lost games we should not have lost". They were close games and we were competitive.

As I was clearly talking about league games, we have scored 7 in the last 6 games.
Is this the way it's going to go?... on 17:50 - Nov 25 with 798 viewsOldboy

Would like it to be true, but then I think you don't know what you are on about, so isn't at all true.
Is this the way it's going to go?... on 18:18 - Nov 25 with 678 viewsWD19

I can’t say for certain. But I think this scenario is even less likely than James Norwood going a full 24 hours without indulging in some tw*ttish behaviour.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024