Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There’s been a big falling out 11:56 - Dec 5 with 2059 viewstextbackup

Behind closed doors hasnt there, let’s be honest, as this wasn’t even likely to happen.

My guess is that MA started to ask a few tactical questions, PC started getting annoyed, and it’s all blown up.

I do believe that MA may have a hand in a few transfers that PC wasn’t keen on, trying to shoehorn them into his formation.

It’s a shame as I liked PC as a bloke. But it’s a results business, and he simply wasn’t getting enough results.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There’s been a big falling out on 11:59 - Dec 5 with 1972 viewsWacko

After watching PC's interview on Quest re the Bolton match, I can definitely see that happening. More of a drama queen than anyone else

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

There’s been a big falling out on 12:02 - Dec 5 with 1910 viewschrismakin

No. It's simply PC wasn't showing enough progression with the squad available. The owners can't afford crowds to drop with the expense paid out. This isn't a couple of odd games this is a very abject 9 months for PC and being booed off the pitch after a win was the first sign that the support was starting to drift away.

Will Ashton ask questions of a manager. Absolutely. I really hope he does as any ceo should. And hopes he does with the next manager.

Pack PR was something set up to welcome the new owners and to build a new generation. Recent performances didn't look like it was going to be an enjoyable occasion. So it's the right time to make a change.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

There’s been a big falling out on 12:04 - Dec 5 with 1870 viewsitfcjoe

Cook signed up to be a manager under Evans where you do what you want and run the show

He ended up under Ashton and Andy Rolls telling him he couldn’t select players etc for fitness reasons

He’s old school, and was a bad fit in the new structure (and didn’t sign up for it either). If he got results on the pitch then no one worries - but don’t have a lot of rope when it starts to go wrong whixh it was doing here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There’s been a big falling out on 12:06 - Dec 5 with 1824 viewsJ2BLUE

Who said it wasn't likely?

I was banging on about making a change after the Crewe game for ages now. It seemed the logical point to act. For some reason they gave him two cup games as well but it always felt like they needed to act somewhere around now or back him for the season. The new manager will need time to assess the squad before the window.

I did think once he lasted the day after Crewe that he was here for the season to be honest but I don't think it's shocking or that something big must have happened.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

There’s been a big falling out on 12:07 - Dec 5 with 1765 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Well that's pure conjecture

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

There’s been a big falling out on 12:20 - Dec 5 with 1619 viewsjayessess

If Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland had sacked their manager whilst 11th in L1 no-one on here would react like it was some bolt from the blue, nor think there must be a deeper explanation. You'd just think it was a perfectly normal point for a club of that size to sack an underperforming coach.

It's only because we still operate on Evans Time, where every manager gets 2 seasons regardless of expectations and results that we think there needs to be some other reason.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

There’s been a big falling out on 12:31 - Dec 5 with 1457 viewsIllinoisblue

There’s been a big falling out on 12:20 - Dec 5 by jayessess

If Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland had sacked their manager whilst 11th in L1 no-one on here would react like it was some bolt from the blue, nor think there must be a deeper explanation. You'd just think it was a perfectly normal point for a club of that size to sack an underperforming coach.

It's only because we still operate on Evans Time, where every manager gets 2 seasons regardless of expectations and results that we think there needs to be some other reason.

A very good point. This is a new era for ITFC. This new more ruthless approach may not work any better but it should at least be more fun.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

There’s been a big falling out on 12:37 - Dec 5 with 1353 viewsLord_Lucan

Maybe but he was never their man really. They said at the start that he was but they couldn’t really say otherwise.

We will see their intentions by who they appoint.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

There’s been a big falling out on 13:07 - Dec 5 with 1052 viewsItfcforme

There’s been a big falling out on 12:37 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

Maybe but he was never their man really. They said at the start that he was but they couldn’t really say otherwise.

We will see their intentions by who they appoint.

I am sure that some of the coaching staff have been saying playing one upfront at home will never win you anything
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024