Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? 16:05 - Jan 31 with 1155 viewsdavblue

I had a test drive on Saturday liked the car, looked around and found it cheaper on Carwow.

Contacted the original dealership on Saturday who asked me to send the quote over which, I've done and i've heard nothing back. Called them again this morning, i was told the individual was with a customer and would be finished shortly, 7 hours later no response.

Call another dealership and was asked to supply details for my PX and would call me back shortly, no response 6 hours later.

Maybe things have changed over the last few years but if someone is willing to buy a car from you (which i've made clear) and they don't get back to you, i just find it unbelievable.
Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:07 - Jan 31 with 1114 viewsPlums

I bought a Volvo from a dealership in York last year. Couldn’t have been more accommodating or responsive. However, that was during lockdown and before test driving came back and the second hand market went bonkers.
What are you buying?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:10 - Jan 31 with 1095 viewsdavblue

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:07 - Jan 31 by Plums

I bought a Volvo from a dealership in York last year. Couldn’t have been more accommodating or responsive. However, that was during lockdown and before test driving came back and the second hand market went bonkers.
What are you buying?

On site they were really good. But the person I’m dealing with won’t call me back.

Looking at an XC40
Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:11 - Jan 31 with 1076 viewshomer_123

It's a sellers market though at the moment. That said, pretty standard fair for most dealerships IMHO

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:19 - Jan 31 with 1036 viewsdavblue

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:11 - Jan 31 by homer_123

It's a sellers market though at the moment. That said, pretty standard fair for most dealerships IMHO

What when someone has made it clear they are ready to go and want to do a deal and they don’t get back to you?
Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:21 - Jan 31 with 1023 viewshomer_123

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:19 - Jan 31 by davblue

What when someone has made it clear they are ready to go and want to do a deal and they don’t get back to you?

Basically yes, if they have a better option elsewhere they'll do that deal instead.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:25 - Jan 31 with 997 viewsN2_Blue

I have a 3 year old Volvo bought 2nd hand. When i tried to book a service with a Volvo dealership twice they failed to get back to me...in the end i gave up. I get the impression they are not very proactive in getting back to people on any matters.

*Yes i know dealerships charge a small fortune for services. I usually go to a fantastic independent I know but there was a particular issue, unique to Volvo that i wanted a a volvo dealership to look at.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 16:27]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:28 - Jan 31 with 967 viewsChondzoresk

It’s not just you.

I had to crawl over glass to get a run out in a new car. I tried 3 dealerships…..only one got back to me and I have ordered it and had a few questions….sent emails and called without response. I eventually had to leave a snotty message for the sales manager to get back to me……he did and I tore them off a strip.

On a side note…..

I also tried to order a Ford last October….only to be told I would get it in July 2. “What about the identical one on your forecourt, can I have that? “No”, goes the sales guy, “we can’t replace any vehicles due to shortages…..there’s a ban on selling new forecourt cars.”
Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:35 - Jan 31 with 939 viewsPinewoodblue

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:28 - Jan 31 by Chondzoresk

It’s not just you.

I had to crawl over glass to get a run out in a new car. I tried 3 dealerships…..only one got back to me and I have ordered it and had a few questions….sent emails and called without response. I eventually had to leave a snotty message for the sales manager to get back to me……he did and I tore them off a strip.

On a side note…..

I also tried to order a Ford last October….only to be told I would get it in July 2. “What about the identical one on your forecourt, can I have that? “No”, goes the sales guy, “we can’t replace any vehicles due to shortages…..there’s a ban on selling new forecourt cars.”

It is a supply issue. They probably know they won't be able to deliver in a timely fashion. One of the reason used vehicles are selling for a higher price than a similar aged vehicle 1 or 2 years ago.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:45 - Jan 31 with 877 viewsdavblue

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:35 - Jan 31 by Pinewoodblue

It is a supply issue. They probably know they won't be able to deliver in a timely fashion. One of the reason used vehicles are selling for a higher price than a similar aged vehicle 1 or 2 years ago.

I’m trying to order to get it in time for November, I don’t need it fast as such but want to ensure the mrs has a car in November.
Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:48 - Jan 31 with 862 viewsclive_baker

If it's any consolation Marshall Land Rover in Ipswich are guilty of this too. Must've called 4 or 5 times over a 3 month period last year and the workshop were unavailable, but reception took my name and number for someone to call back. Never once had a call back. Seems like they're not interested in keeping customers happy.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 17:19 - Jan 31 with 788 viewsmylittletown

I had to lose my temper in a Volvo dealer in West London to get a test drive which I had booked online. I stood in reception for over 20 minutes after the appointed time before I got shirty, and it turned out that the sales rep was sat about 3 metres away making phone calls. When I got into the car, an XC40 EV, it had 20 miles left on the battery.
Fwiw the Polestar 2 which is built on the same platform is much better.
Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 17:22 - Jan 31 with 771 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 17:19 - Jan 31 by mylittletown

I had to lose my temper in a Volvo dealer in West London to get a test drive which I had booked online. I stood in reception for over 20 minutes after the appointed time before I got shirty, and it turned out that the sales rep was sat about 3 metres away making phone calls. When I got into the car, an XC40 EV, it had 20 miles left on the battery.
Fwiw the Polestar 2 which is built on the same platform is much better.

Have to say I've found Donalds Volvo Ipswich really good to deal with both on purchasing (last three cars) and service.
Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 18:07 - Jan 31 with 700 viewsDurovigutum

Has anyone got any experience with Volvo dealerships, sales specifically? on 16:10 - Jan 31 by davblue

On site they were really good. But the person I’m dealing with won’t call me back.

Looking at an XC40

I've had my XC40 26 months now, excellent car - although the stop start service battery is sufferings from lack of use.

I had a V40 beforehand, also an excellent car.

It's fair to say the Peterborough Volvo lot were "enthusiastic amateurs". I think I wrote in their feedback review something along the lines of "if you are going to appeal to people used to the glass palace approach of Audi and BMW then you need to get more of the basics correct - like keeping to appointment times or returning phone calls". I think my last service was the first time in six visits I could park in the service area car park, and that was because they were in a temporary location next to an empty lot.

Worth the buffoonery to not be in a German car, they've become so passé....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024