Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red light runners 08:03 - May 17 with 1254 viewsPendejo

Seems to be getting more and more common. Not just the failed Amber gamblers who go thru the moment they turn red, now seeing them seconds after turned red.

The other morning stopped at a light that has just turned red and a car came from 3 cars back to go thru on opposite side of the road, narrowly missing the amber gambler turning left into the road.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Red light runners on 08:10 - May 17 with 1217 viewsGeoffSentence

Cyclists get a bad rap for this, but I see a lot more cars doing it, and I would wager a sum of money that a lot more would if they werent stopped by the car ahead.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Red light runners on 08:26 - May 17 with 1178 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

See this on a daily basis on my commute to work, it’s becoming more common. Everyone’s in a rush these days.
Red light runners on 08:48 - May 17 with 1114 viewsPendejo

Red light runners on 08:10 - May 17 by GeoffSentence

Cyclists get a bad rap for this, but I see a lot more cars doing it, and I would wager a sum of money that a lot more would if they werent stopped by the car ahead.

What I'm seeing regularly now is first to cars stop and 3rd overtakes them to run the light on wrong side of the road. So these folks aren't even hampered by the car in front.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Red light runners on 09:20 - May 17 with 1038 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Red light runners on 08:10 - May 17 by GeoffSentence

Not really sure why you brought cyclists into this. But yes, seeing lots and lots doing this now, at roundabouts in particular, where I'm now also seeing drivers 'filter' into traffic at the give way line.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Red light runners on 09:22 - May 17 with 1033 viewsEwan_Oozami

Red light runners on 08:26 - May 17 by WickhamsLeftBoot

See this on a daily basis on my commute to work, it’s becoming more common. Everyone’s in a rush these days.

I think it's more than just people being in a rush, it's that more and more people think the rules just don't apply to them...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Red light runners on 09:23 - May 17 with 1023 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Red light runners on 08:48 - May 17 by Pendejo

What I'm seeing regularly now is first to cars stop and 3rd overtakes them to run the light on wrong side of the road. So these folks aren't even hampered by the car in front.

Not seeing the wrong side of the road thing. But am seeing lots of lots of traffic offences. I've put it down to decades of cuts meaning plod are never about, so some drivers are taking advantage.

Red light runners on 09:30 - May 17 with 993 viewsEwan_Oozami

Red light runners on 09:23 - May 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not seeing the wrong side of the road thing. But am seeing lots of lots of traffic offences. I've put it down to decades of cuts meaning plod are never about, so some drivers are taking advantage.

More traffic light cameras needed.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Red light runners on 09:30 - May 17 with 984 viewsGeoffSentence

Red light runners on 09:30 - May 17 by Ewan_Oozami

Would they pick up people going through on the wrong side of the road?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Red light runners on 09:34 - May 17 with 969 viewsSaleAway

Red light runners on 09:30 - May 17 by GeoffSentence

Would they pick up people going through on the wrong side of the road?

yes.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Red light runners on 09:34 - May 17 with 972 viewsclive_baker

Red light runners on 08:26 - May 17 by WickhamsLeftBoot

What I'm seeing, which I find absolutely appalling is people on their phones. I don't mean speaking into them, which is dangerous enough, but people clearly texting away on their lap. Staggering number of people I saw doing that the other day when I made a point of looking out for it, some whilst doing 70 on the M11.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Red light runners on 09:43 - May 17 with 941 viewsSaleAway

Red light runners on 09:30 - May 17 by Ewan_Oozami

although that only works if the car is registered correctly. there are a terrifying number of cloned vehicles out there.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Red light runners on 09:54 - May 17 with 913 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Red light runners on 09:34 - May 17 by clive_baker

What I'm seeing, which I find absolutely appalling is people on their phones. I don't mean speaking into them, which is dangerous enough, but people clearly texting away on their lap. Staggering number of people I saw doing that the other day when I made a point of looking out for it, some whilst doing 70 on the M11.

Yep me too on the daily commute. A large proportion of which, seem to be, (on my drive anyway), young women in the 18-25 bracket.

However judging by the lads I teach in the same age bracket, who have got their heads constantly in their phone, it may be more balanced than that.

Red light runners on 10:12 - May 17 with 857 viewsclive_baker

Red light runners on 09:54 - May 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep me too on the daily commute. A large proportion of which, seem to be, (on my drive anyway), young women in the 18-25 bracket.

However judging by the lads I teach in the same age bracket, who have got their heads constantly in their phone, it may be more balanced than that.

It was a real mixed bag the other day, I actually found it more to be men now I think about it but perhaps that's just a reflection on there being more male drivers at that time of day (I imagine, I've not fact checked that). One bloke was at least 70 and driving a Range Rover with a personalised plate near Newmarket. Occasional glance at the road between whatever he was looking at. I really had to resist the temptation to get his attention and call him a w**ker.

Red light runners on 10:19 - May 17 with 823 viewsBlueBoots

Red light runners on 09:34 - May 17 by clive_baker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-61421665

If they're not on their phones, they're eating their breakfast...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Red light runners on 10:20 - May 17 with 811 viewsKieran_Knows

Red light runners on 09:54 - May 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Funnily enough, driving down the A12 every day like I do, the majority of people I see driving whilst on their phones are gents I would say around 40-50 years old. Staggering.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Red light runners on 10:23 - May 17 with 800 viewsclive_baker

Red light runners on 10:20 - May 17 by Kieran_Knows

Funnily enough, driving down the A12 every day like I do, the majority of people I see driving whilst on their phones are gents I would say around 40-50 years old. Staggering.

Guess the women need to concentrate a bit more on thier driving innit...

Red light runners on 11:17 - May 17 with 725 viewsGeomorph

Red light runners on 08:48 - May 17 by Pendejo

Indeed... must be lots of chips getting cold or something
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024