Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s a good signing Harness 23:18 - Jul 15 with 2435 viewsBobsthename

But we still haven’t got our twenty plus striker yet wheres he coming from and who?
I’m hoping Hirst but i’m not sure it’ll happen.
It’s a good signing Harness on 23:20 - Jul 15 with 2385 viewsSweetman

Our signings that really end up going through seem to operate very much under the radar. Harness for example, only a couple of twitter rumours just a few hours ago and now he's here.

Don't think Davis or Hirst will be coming.
It’s a good signing Harness on 23:22 - Jul 15 with 2352 viewsBobsthename

It’s a good signing Harness on 23:20 - Jul 15 by Sweetman

Our signings that really end up going through seem to operate very much under the radar. Harness for example, only a couple of twitter rumours just a few hours ago and now he's here.

Don't think Davis or Hirst will be coming.

I’m hoping your wrong.
It’s a good signing Harness on 23:26 - Jul 15 with 2283 viewsFrimleyBlue

We have Ladapo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It’s a good signing Harness on 23:28 - Jul 15 with 2277 viewsEnigma_Blue

If three if our strikers get 10 each and there are significant contributions again from the likes of Burns and Chaplain we won't need a 20 goal a season striker.
It’s a good signing Harness on 23:32 - Jul 15 with 2204 viewsBlueStreak

It’s a good signing Harness on 23:28 - Jul 15 by Enigma_Blue

If three if our strikers get 10 each and there are significant contributions again from the likes of Burns and Chaplain we won't need a 20 goal a season striker.

Have we even got three strikers? 😂
It’s a good signing Harness on 23:36 - Jul 15 with 2154 viewsFreddies_Ears

I am hoping for someone considerably better than Hirst...
It’s a good signing Harness on 23:43 - Jul 15 with 2089 viewsBigCommon

It’s a good signing Harness on 23:32 - Jul 15 by BlueStreak

Have we even got three strikers? 😂

We got 2 and a half if you count Chaplin....
It’s a good signing Harness on 23:50 - Jul 15 with 2029 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t understand this one. How’s he going to use Harness and Burns together? Burns isn’t a full back. We’ve possibly signed someone who will limit how we can use one of our best players from last season. Unless he thinks he can use Harness on the left? Fk knows, we’ll find out soon enough though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

It’s a good signing Harness on 00:05 - Jul 16 with 1924 viewstonybied

It’s a good signing Harness on 23:50 - Jul 15 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t understand this one. How’s he going to use Harness and Burns together? Burns isn’t a full back. We’ve possibly signed someone who will limit how we can use one of our best players from last season. Unless he thinks he can use Harness on the left? Fk knows, we’ll find out soon enough though.

3-4-2-1, Donacien RCB, Burns RWB and Harness RAM
It’s a good signing Harness on 00:11 - Jul 16 with 1884 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a good signing Harness on 00:05 - Jul 16 by tonybied

3-4-2-1, Donacien RCB, Burns RWB and Harness RAM

So inside then as a number 10/inside forward? That’s fine if he can do that role. And we’d then be moving someone like Chaplin into an unfamiliar left sided role. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. Seems like a bit of square pegs/round holes going on, but I’m sure McK knows a little bit more than me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It’s a good signing Harness on 00:15 - Jul 16 with 1849 viewsFixed_It

It’s a good signing Harness on 00:11 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

So inside then as a number 10/inside forward? That’s fine if he can do that role. And we’d then be moving someone like Chaplin into an unfamiliar left sided role. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. Seems like a bit of square pegs/round holes going on, but I’m sure McK knows a little bit more than me.

We seem to be building a squad with versatility being one of the main prerequisites. It gives us fluidity, and with 5 subs a real advantage over most others.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It’s a good signing Harness on 00:21 - Jul 16 with 1833 viewstonybied

It’s a good signing Harness on 00:11 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Watching his videos on YouTube (I know, I know!) says to me he can play that role very well. Plenty of assists, good control, not scared to take a pop, a cracking turn of pace and even happy to stick his head in where it hurts.

You're right with regards to Chappers, it leaves him in a similar position to last season with no solid place in the team unless as you say he comes in on the left.
It’s a good signing Harness on 02:52 - Jul 16 with 1588 viewsBonchosBicycle

I don't think we're trying to build a side around a 20+ goal striker. As Enigma said, get 10+ goals out of a few and we're good. With the new subs rules I'd not be surprised to see a lot more rotation and us playing squads rather than teams.

I also think we saw last year that you can't rely on one player being outstanding - it takes teams about two weeks to figure out who your big threat is and mark him out of games. The front seven all being handy gives teams problems.
It’s a good signing Harness on 03:01 - Jul 16 with 1581 viewsSaigonTractor

It’s a good signing Harness on 02:52 - Jul 16 by BonchosBicycle

I don't think we're trying to build a side around a 20+ goal striker. As Enigma said, get 10+ goals out of a few and we're good. With the new subs rules I'd not be surprised to see a lot more rotation and us playing squads rather than teams.

I also think we saw last year that you can't rely on one player being outstanding - it takes teams about two weeks to figure out who your big threat is and mark him out of games. The front seven all being handy gives teams problems.

Agreed. If you look at most of the successful teams at the top level they have various players who are capable of chipping in.
[Redacted] on 03:18 - Jul 16 with 1570 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
It’s a good signing Harness on 07:34 - Jul 16 with 1257 viewsArnieM

It’s a thought provoking move really, because I know like most on here Piggott didn’t cover himself in glory last season. But it was a difficult time for him personally, and he had trouble settling. Was one season really enough to judge him? Prior to joining us he was scoring goals for fun (more than his replacement), in a poor team, so I’m in two minds as to whether this is a good move allowing him to go to a promotion rival in this division.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

It’s a good signing Harness on 07:38 - Jul 16 with 1222 viewsLeoMuff

Or someone is in for Burns, it does seem a weird one, hopefully he can play LWB and then we are looking great, just a striker needed.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

It’s a good signing Harness on 07:44 - Jul 16 with 1187 viewstractorboy1978

It’s a good signing Harness on 07:34 - Jul 16 by ArnieM

It’s a thought provoking move really, because I know like most on here Piggott didn’t cover himself in glory last season. But it was a difficult time for him personally, and he had trouble settling. Was one season really enough to judge him? Prior to joining us he was scoring goals for fun (more than his replacement), in a poor team, so I’m in two minds as to whether this is a good move allowing him to go to a promotion rival in this division.

He looked a fish out of water last season, particularly under McKenna. I've never had a good feeling about Pigott. He's had two good goalscoring seasons in 10 years, playing in and below L1. We massively overpaid wages wise off the back of the 2020/21 season. He might go to Pompey and score goals but he looked shot to bits here.
It’s a good signing Harness on 07:48 - Jul 16 with 1167 viewstractorboy1978

It’s a good signing Harness on 07:38 - Jul 16 by LeoMuff

Or someone is in for Burns, it does seem a weird one, hopefully he can play LWB and then we are looking great, just a striker needed.

Harness can play several positions. And Burns is probably off for a few weeks over the winter for the WC too.
It’s a good signing Harness on 07:51 - Jul 16 with 1147 viewsVeggie

Quick you’d better tell McKenna before it’s too late…
It’s a good signing Harness on 10:32 - Jul 16 with 894 viewsTomTheWriter

Because Harness isn't a right wing-back. He played at his best last season as a CAM in Pompey's 3-5-2. He then struggled as a right midfielder in their 4-4-2.

We now have Aluko, Chaplin, Harness and Edwards for the 2 positions behind the striker, with John-Jules and Jackson also capable of playing there when we go 3-4-3.

Can't see Celina happening now, mainly because we don't need another unless someone like Edwards or Aluko was to leave in the next few weeks. I know he is still under consideration, but if we are to still bring in another '20 goal' striker, and then suddenly Celina pops up, we'll have 9 first team attackers not including Burns. 3 starting, 6 on the bench?

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024