Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now this is a side who will get promoted 22:13 - Aug 9 with 1392 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's not about the competition. It's not about the opponent. But it's the showcasing of goal scoring ability.

We are as I said the other day showing we don't appear to have signed players who actually improve the side we had last year.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:15 - Aug 9 with 1295 viewsbluestandard

Didn’t exactly showcase the same goal scoring ability against us though…..
Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:17 - Aug 9 with 1253 viewspointofblue

In fairness, Davis and Leigh are ugrades on Thompson and Penney, plus Ball appears to be an upgrade on Carroll though that's on the word of QPR fans. As for up front, I wonder if the issue is the manager rather than the players considering this is the second set he's managed who struggle to hit a cow's @rse with a banjo.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:24 - Aug 9 with 1135 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:15 - Aug 9 by bluestandard

Didn’t exactly showcase the same goal scoring ability against us though…..

Indeed

But followed up with 3-0 against wycombe and 5-1 tonight

Absolutely we did well to stop them better than the other 2. But conceding wasn't our problem last season, scoring was. It would be nice to see us spend money on that rather than more defence.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:30 - Aug 9 with 1040 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You are aware a different team started tonight?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:33 - Aug 9 with 1010 viewsGarv

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:17 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

In fairness, Davis and Leigh are ugrades on Thompson and Penney, plus Ball appears to be an upgrade on Carroll though that's on the word of QPR fans. As for up front, I wonder if the issue is the manager rather than the players considering this is the second set he's managed who struggle to hit a cow's @rse with a banjo.

Carroll didn't play a lot though. Bakinson is the better comparison, and part of me thinks we missed out there. He had a goal in him.

McKenna's way doesn't suit an old fashioned goal scorer. Norwood might have enjoyed his time under him but he spent a long time watching the midfielders pass it between themselves for a long time before seeing the ball come into the box. It's good for fans to watch but it seems to rely on the perfect goal a lot of the time - though that didn't seem to be the case Saturday with a snap shot and a long ranger, which is promising.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:43 - Aug 9 with 926 viewsITFCBlues

Agree with this. Even on Saturday, we completely dominated that game & yet for large spells, i never really thought we were going to score.

There just seems to be an emphasis on keeping the ball rather than actually trying to get the ball into the box and score goals. I'm not actually sure that signing Hirst will result in any real change, it's more tactically that something needs to change.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:46 - Aug 9 with 882 viewsHighgateBlue

If we don't sign a striker it will be very disappointing.

I don't mind the signing of Keogh but it's weird IF KMac thinks we really need another CB but don't need another striker. I really don't think Jackson is good enough. Up front I can't help thinking that what we let go is at least as good as what we've brought in. Really really disappointing transfer window up front in my view. Now, let's see KMac prove me totally wrong. Hirst through the door tomorrow please. Our stats for possession and chances versus goals really are beyond comic, and it's really become a trend now...
Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:46 - Aug 9 with 873 viewsChurchman

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:24 - Aug 9 by FrimleyBlue

Indeed

But followed up with 3-0 against wycombe and 5-1 tonight

Absolutely we did well to stop them better than the other 2. But conceding wasn't our problem last season, scoring was. It would be nice to see us spend money on that rather than more defence.

Against Bolton we had 57% of the play, 18 shots to 5, 5 on target to 1.

You said ‘we did well to stop them better than the other 2’. Surely it was them that did well to stop us? Or does that not fit the narrative?

Do I think we look short on a goalscorer? Yes - and Pigott was not the answer. But I refuse to descend into full panic quite yet.

We have the rest of the transfer window and the season is 2 (two) league games old with 44 to play.
Login to get fewer ads

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:50 - Aug 9 with 828 viewsBobsthename

I’m thinking they’ll be top 6 no doubt.Showing great form.
Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:57 - Aug 9 with 752 viewsSomethingBlue

Not bad for a side that didn't create a single clear chance against us 10 days ago. Annoying night and our record in the cups across a decade is a farce but these results will mean sod all.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 23:06 - Aug 9 with 678 viewschicoazul

Now this is a side who will get promoted on 22:57 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Not bad for a side that didn't create a single clear chance against us 10 days ago. Annoying night and our record in the cups across a decade is a farce but these results will mean sod all.

Let’s hope so, but McKs reign is trending downwards and has been for some games now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024