Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dishonest to the last 08:15 - Sep 6 with 3217 viewsZXBlue

Or perhaps just so painfully lacking in objectivity and self awareness, that the difference becomes meaningless.

""We are one whole and entire United Kingdom", Johnson says, making the case for the union.

He adds he believes the "union is so strong that those that want to break it up will keep trying, but they will never, ever succeed"

This would be a union on the point of destruction as a result of the Bre4xit project, and the dishonest dealings on the NI protocol and borders (which were always a fundamental issue without a solution, but were deliberately ignored and washed over by Johnson)
Dishonest to the last on 09:33 - Sep 6 with 2482 viewsMattinLondon

The irony being that those claiming to be ardent unionists are responsible for it possibly breaking-up.

Saying that, I doubt if Scotland will actually vote for independence anytime soon but Northern Ireland could well vote to become part of the Republic.
Dishonest to the last on 09:43 - Sep 6 with 2446 viewsBlueBadger

Dishonest to the last on 09:33 - Sep 6 by MattinLondon

The irony being that those claiming to be ardent unionists are responsible for it possibly breaking-up.

Saying that, I doubt if Scotland will actually vote for independence anytime soon but Northern Ireland could well vote to become part of the Republic.

As far as I can make out(mate of my old man's is an ardent Scexiteer) the arguments for Scottish independence are essentially the same lies as those pumped out by the Brexiteers, only minus the worst of the open racism.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 10:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dishonest to the last on 09:48 - Sep 6 with 2408 viewsleitrimblue

Dishonest to the last on 09:43 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

As far as I can make out(mate of my old man's is an ardent Scexiteer) the arguments for Scottish independence are essentially the same lies as those pumped out by the Brexiteers, only minus the worst of the open racism.

These uppity jocks. Why don't they just admit the English are their betters and let them rule over them?
Dishonest to the last on 09:54 - Sep 6 with 2384 viewsBlueBadger

Dishonest to the last on 09:48 - Sep 6 by leitrimblue

These uppity jocks. Why don't they just admit the English are their betters and let them rule over them?

See?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dishonest to the last on 09:58 - Sep 6 with 2376 viewsElderGrizzly

Summed up nicely here

Dishonest to the last on 10:32 - Sep 6 with 2307 viewsSteve_M

There's plenty of anti-English racism in there too. And it's definitely as grounded in reality as Brexit was.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dishonest to the last on 10:44 - Sep 6 with 2267 viewsXYZ

Dishonest to the last on 10:32 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

There's plenty of anti-English racism in there too. And it's definitely as grounded in reality as Brexit was.

The english are a "race"?
Dishonest to the last on 10:52 - Sep 6 with 2242 viewsElderGrizzly

He's not wrong

Login to get fewer ads

Dishonest to the last on 11:06 - Sep 6 with 2212 viewsleitrimblue

Dishonest to the last on 09:54 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

See?

You forgiven those uppity Indians for wanting their independence yet? Any other colonial lessees you think should beg to return to their colonial masters?
Dishonest to the last on 13:14 - Sep 6 with 2075 viewsDarth_Koont

That’s your problem right there.

“As far as you can make out” is never further than the next hot take.

Pronouns: He/Him

Dishonest to the last on 13:35 - Sep 6 with 2057 viewsPlums

You can tell the country is broken when the national broadcaster needs to provide this article in response to the PM leaving office
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/62806217

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Dishonest to the last on 14:22 - Sep 6 with 1997 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Rubbish, Brexit was an argument made based on nationalism, an illusion of loss of sovereignty, ‘being told what to do by foreigners’, and fictional economics…whereas Scottish Independence….
Dishonest to the last on 18:23 - Sep 6 with 1880 viewsfactual_blue

The word 'charlatan' was created with boris in mind.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dishonest to the last on 08:42 - Sep 7 with 1726 viewsDarth_Koont

Dishonest to the last on 14:22 - Sep 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Rubbish, Brexit was an argument made based on nationalism, an illusion of loss of sovereignty, ‘being told what to do by foreigners’, and fictional economics…whereas Scottish Independence….

There is nothing fictional about Scotland (and most other regions in the UK) having the worst economies and standards of living compared to any other country in Northwestern Europe.

These are no "sunny uplands". That's the real world, James.

There is also no "illusion of loss of sovereignty" either. The UK is the most centralised country in the OECD.

You also know that Scottish nationalism is nothing like Brexit jingoism. For starters it's civic nationalism which is massively different from the cultural/ethnic fantasy of self-proclaimed nationalists in England.

Of course, you can't and won't counter any of that because you know you're just trying to discredit and dismiss Scottish independence and don't have a serious point.

Dishonest to the last on 08:47 - Sep 7 with 1713 viewsZXBlue

Dishonest to the last on 08:42 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

There is nothing fictional about Scotland (and most other regions in the UK) having the worst economies and standards of living compared to any other country in Northwestern Europe.

There is also no "illusion of loss of sovereignty" either. The UK is the most centralised country in the OECD.

You also know that Scottish nationalism is nothing like Brexit jingoism. For starters it's civic nationalism which is massively different from the cultural/ethnic fantasy of self-proclaimed nationalists in England.

Of course, you can't and won't counter any of that because you know you're just trying to discredit and dismiss Scottish independence and don't have a serious point.

I love the way nationalists say that there version is not the same as the bad versions elsewhere.

Of course its similar. Its based ont he same fantasy that they are being ruled by people who dont have their best interests at heart and everything will be better without them. Brexit and scottish independence are extremely similar in mindset.
Dishonest to the last on 08:48 - Sep 7 with 1705 viewsDarth_Koont

Dishonest to the last on 10:32 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

Go on then ...

Dishonest to the last on 08:51 - Sep 7 with 1695 viewsDarth_Koont

Dishonest to the last on 08:47 - Sep 7 by ZXBlue

I love the way nationalists say that there version is not the same as the bad versions elsewhere.

Of course its similar. Its based ont he same fantasy that they are being ruled by people who dont have their best interests at heart and everything will be better without them. Brexit and scottish independence are extremely similar in mindset.

Then you shouldn't have any trouble addressing my points and countering them.

Your throwaway statements of "fact" are more Brexiteerlike if we're being honest with ourselves.

Dishonest to the last on 10:44 - Sep 7 with 1622 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So essentially you are saying that the Scottish Parliament has no power, and less so than regional assemblies etc in Northern Europe? Patently nonsense, and if that is the case then we may as well dissolve Scottish parliament in the event of a second rejection of independence?

Please point me to an economic analysis which suggests Scotland will be financially better off outside the UK and EU, and any credible plans for leaving the monetary Union, pension liabilities, sovereign debt sharing etc. I literally have no skin in the game, I don’t live there or particularly care if they stay or leave, but I’ve read enough to know that what they are promoting is pie in the sky stuff.
Dishonest to the last on 11:39 - Sep 7 with 1594 viewsXYZ

Dishonest to the last on 08:47 - Sep 7 by ZXBlue

Apart from Scotland wanting to be part of the EU?
Dishonest to the last on 12:33 - Sep 7 with 1551 viewsDarth_Koont

Dishonest to the last on 10:44 - Sep 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

So essentially you are saying that the Scottish Parliament has no power, and less so than regional assemblies etc in Northern Europe? Patently nonsense, and if that is the case then we may as well dissolve Scottish parliament in the event of a second rejection of independence?

Please point me to an economic analysis which suggests Scotland will be financially better off outside the UK and EU, and any credible plans for leaving the monetary Union, pension liabilities, sovereign debt sharing etc. I literally have no skin in the game, I don’t live there or particularly care if they stay or leave, but I’ve read enough to know that what they are promoting is pie in the sky stuff.

Other countries have regional assemblies AND societies/economies aren’t so centralised and unbalanced. Completely different from how we put the responsibility for solving these structural problems on UK regional governments and with no real budget or the benefit of being sovereign to really address them.

There will be costs in the short term and some big ones too. But long-term the picture is worse as part of a failing UK and outside the EU. The Scottish economy desperately needs freedom of movement to grow and diversify, for example.

The evidence is all around you in our neighbours all outperforming the UK regions. What modelling are you using that says Scotland shouldn’t expect the same and should be happy being at the same level as former Eastern European states like Slovakia etc?

Let’s go from the real world and maybe we can stop playing games with baseless narratives.

Dishonest to the last on 13:57 - Sep 7 with 1480 viewsgiant_stow

Our old friend "civic nationalism" is back! Always loved you civic.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dishonest to the last on 15:46 - Sep 7 with 1408 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Dishonest to the last on 12:33 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

Other countries have regional assemblies AND societies/economies aren’t so centralised and unbalanced. Completely different from how we put the responsibility for solving these structural problems on UK regional governments and with no real budget or the benefit of being sovereign to really address them.

There will be costs in the short term and some big ones too. But long-term the picture is worse as part of a failing UK and outside the EU. The Scottish economy desperately needs freedom of movement to grow and diversify, for example.

The evidence is all around you in our neighbours all outperforming the UK regions. What modelling are you using that says Scotland shouldn’t expect the same and should be happy being at the same level as former Eastern European states like Slovakia etc?

Let’s go from the real world and maybe we can stop playing games with baseless narratives.

Maybe the SNP can use that as their slogan - “SCEXIT, it might pay off in 30 years…”
Dishonest to the last on 15:52 - Sep 7 with 1390 viewsgiant_stow

Dishonest to the last on 15:46 - Sep 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Maybe the SNP can use that as their slogan - “SCEXIT, it might pay off in 30 years…”

I read an opinion piece the other day saying that the SNP have made such an almighty hash of running things (socially and financially) that perhaps its time to take back some powers off the devolved parliament, before they bankrupt the whole UK and ruin their own society.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dishonest to the last on 21:40 - Sep 7 with 1287 viewsDarth_Koont

Dishonest to the last on 15:52 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

I read an opinion piece the other day saying that the SNP have made such an almighty hash of running things (socially and financially) that perhaps its time to take back some powers off the devolved parliament, before they bankrupt the whole UK and ruin their own society.

You guys are running on empty and we’re still on the first page?

Jeez.

Dishonest to the last on 21:48 - Sep 7 with 1268 viewsDarth_Koont

Dishonest to the last on 15:46 - Sep 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You’re getting every bit as bad as your chums at ducking and weaving.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024