Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues 18:09 - Jan 1 with 2639 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:11 - Jan 1 with 2571 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lambert had to have had a photo of M.E doing something he shouldn't have.

How on earth do you hand out a contract like that

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:12 - Jan 1 with 2553 viewsJ2BLUE

18 months left...it was just one last desperate throw of the dice from Evans wasn't it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:20 - Jan 1 with 2502 viewsBlueBadger

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:11 - Jan 1 by FrimleyBlue

Lambert had to have had a photo of M.E doing something he shouldn't have.

How on earth do you hand out a contract like that

My own personal theory is that Evans was out of touch enough to think that Lambert was still retaining his inexplicable popularity with supporters and that he'd look bad if he sacked him and was also gullible and uninformed enough to still think that Lambert was the man for the job after being publicly bluffed by all those 'back me or sack me' pressers.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 18:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:23 - Jan 1 with 2479 viewsTalkingBlues

Yep and awarded just after we’d experienced a big slide in form and the table, beggared belief at the time and just gets worse with age!!

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 2437 viewsIllinoisblue

Hasn’t worked in football since leaving us, has he? Too busy counting his money. An absurd decision but one generally in keeping with the Evans era of incompetence and failure.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:29 - Jan 1 with 2401 viewsFrimleyBlue

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:27 - Jan 1 by Illinoisblue

Hasn’t worked in football since leaving us, has he? Too busy counting his money. An absurd decision but one generally in keeping with the Evans era of incompetence and failure.

he probably still earns more from us than if he took a new job.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:32 - Jan 1 with 2384 viewsBlueBadger

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:27 - Jan 1 by Illinoisblue

Genuinely got banned from a Scottish newspapers comments section because a load of Celtic fans has decided he could do a job for them and I told them what kin of a 'job' he'd done here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:43 - Jan 1 with 2262 viewsLankHenners

I know people say this as a stock phrase for something unbelievable and don't actually mean it, but I genuinely thought it was a wind-up from someone I follow on Twitter changing their name and avatar to match the official account. Even when I saw the verified badge I started thinking about who I followed that was already verified who would go for such a joke.

Really was a remarkable thing, and it was classic banter era to do this just as the (in my view totally unfair) goodwill towards him had pretty much dried up.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:49 - Jan 1 with 2214 viewsGuthrum

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:20 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

My own personal theory is that Evans was out of touch enough to think that Lambert was still retaining his inexplicable popularity with supporters and that he'd look bad if he sacked him and was also gullible and uninformed enough to still think that Lambert was the man for the job after being publicly bluffed by all those 'back me or sack me' pressers.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 18:23]

I'm pretty sure the contract was negotiated while Town were still doing pretty well, but there was a delay which meant the wheels had come off by the time it was finally signed and announced.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:53 - Jan 1 with 2183 viewsRegencyBlue

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 18:23 - Jan 1 by TalkingBlues

Yep and awarded just after we’d experienced a big slide in form and the table, beggared belief at the time and just gets worse with age!!

The only way this decision made any sense at all was that Evans bought Lamberts silence!

Prior to it being awarded Lambert was showing signs of throwing Evans under the bus by hinting at what was wrong behind the scenes. After that, nothing, until the final days when Lambert knew his days were numbered.
OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 19:10 - Jan 1 with 2071 viewshomer_123

Apart from Evans...was there anyone who thought it a good idea?

Saying that...maybe Evans didn't think it was a good idea but simply couldn't be arsed to do anything different?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 19:13 - Jan 1 with 2054 viewsMullet

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 19:10 - Jan 1 by homer_123

Apart from Evans...was there anyone who thought it a good idea?

Saying that...maybe Evans didn't think it was a good idea but simply couldn't be arsed to do anything different?

Paul Lambert presumably.

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 23:10 - Jan 1 with 1730 viewsSitfcB

I heard he opted to carry on getting paid from us instead of a lump sum but if he got a new job the payments would stop.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 02:48 - Jan 2 with 1572 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mullet you have never had any issues with the sacred cows' contract extensions, eh?

The sacred cows in Cole Skuse and Luke Chambers - the most senior and integral part of the worst ever Ipswich teams who have taken us down without a fight and never showed a desire to get the club out of this league.

It is so easy for you to slate Hurst, Lambert and Cook because it's all their fault, eh? Never though the sacred cows' fault cos they would have left their all for the ITFC on the pitch in the last few years haven't they?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 2:50]
OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 09:30 - Jan 2 with 1319 viewsMullet

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 02:48 - Jan 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Mullet you have never had any issues with the sacred cows' contract extensions, eh?

The sacred cows in Cole Skuse and Luke Chambers - the most senior and integral part of the worst ever Ipswich teams who have taken us down without a fight and never showed a desire to get the club out of this league.

It is so easy for you to slate Hurst, Lambert and Cook because it's all their fault, eh? Never though the sacred cows' fault cos they would have left their all for the ITFC on the pitch in the last few years haven't they?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 2:50]

No, because I appreciated that they were excellent servants and players who offered continuity and expertise to rebuild the squad upon.

The fact you're one of the people so wrong about them, Mick etc and still can't let it go all those years later isn't my problem. I did warn you all after all.

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 14:53 - Jan 2 with 1015 viewsbraveblue

OTD 2020 - a tweet which scuttled a thousand HMSpisstheleagues on 09:30 - Jan 2 by Mullet

No, because I appreciated that they were excellent servants and players who offered continuity and expertise to rebuild the squad upon.

The fact you're one of the people so wrong about them, Mick etc and still can't let it go all those years later isn't my problem. I did warn you all after all.

They have taken that expertise to Colchester!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024