Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After they scored.... 17:20 - Jan 2 with 1461 viewsBloots

....we didn't carry the ball into their penalty area once, not a single time in 35 mins of football.

We had a couple of feeble shots from outside the area.

We pass, pass, and pass some more, until we do a little triangle routine and clip it into the area. That's it, that's what we do.

We are so very predictable and getting easier and easier to defend against.

Balls.

Up yours.

COYBs.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

After they scored.... on 17:22 - Jan 2 with 1426 viewsurbanblue

... and Edwards appears to have forgotten how to take on and beat a man.
After they scored.... on 17:24 - Jan 2 with 1411 viewsIllinoisblue

Was hoping for a late winner so Ashton could high-five the away end again

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

After they scored.... on 17:26 - Jan 2 with 1381 viewsibbleobble

Strange wasn’t it? We kept stretching and moving them side to side all first half and mixed up our balls but second half we were very static. It was like watching an inevitable outcome only changed by a moment of Chaplin-Humphrey’s brilliance.

KM has to take that one on the chin and learn the hard way with a dropped place. One, in truth, we might not reclaim unless we take maximum points from those above us.
After they scored.... on 17:28 - Jan 2 with 1342 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Maybe there were too many bodies in the way to dribble it into their box? We crossed it and played some balls from deep into it. However, it was generally fairly ineffective. I am sure it is something we need to work on improving. Had we buried the chance we did have at 0-0 it would have been interesting to see how the game played out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

After they scored.... on 17:30 - Jan 2 with 1301 viewsDubtractor

First half I thought we played pretty well - in hindsight (or probably predictably) the sending off really didn't help us, as it meant Lincoln went into extreme defence mode.

Second half simply wasn't good enough though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

There's not much wrong.... on 17:30 - Jan 2 with 1276 viewsBloots

After they scored.... on 17:26 - Jan 2 by ibbleobble

Strange wasn’t it? We kept stretching and moving them side to side all first half and mixed up our balls but second half we were very static. It was like watching an inevitable outcome only changed by a moment of Chaplin-Humphrey’s brilliance.

KM has to take that one on the chin and learn the hard way with a dropped place. One, in truth, we might not reclaim unless we take maximum points from those above us.

....with what we do, about 75% of the time.

But relentlessly repeating the same style no matter what the state of the game dictates is pointless.

Our reluctance to mix our style up will, I fear, ultimately cost us.

After they scored.... on 17:31 - Jan 2 with 1248 viewsMach_foreignBlue

After they scored.... on 17:22 - Jan 2 by urbanblue

Ditto Wes Burns.
After they scored.... on 17:41 - Jan 2 with 1177 viewsLankHenners

I'm still generally positive and back the club to get a couple or so bodies in this month to help out but it has to be said we're falling into a few familiar patterns like you've highlighted.

I get why we keep doing what we do and there is sense in believing in your principles, not panicking and getting silly etc. but there is a growing sense that teams are getting happier and happier to sit back and watch us and then use their energy to defend from about 20ish yards from their goal.

Maybe you could be generous and say some of the players are looking leggy and the illness bug has had an effect as at the start of the season we were playing with a higher tempo than we are now and a bit more positivity. But you do get the feeling now that there's a tad much believing that things will work out rather than grabbing it by the scruff of the neck and making things work out.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

After they scored.... on 17:46 - Jan 2 with 1143 viewsblueislander

After they scored.... on 17:31 - Jan 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Ditto Wes Burns.

Jeez. Burns went past his man on several occasions.
After they scored.... on 17:51 - Jan 2 with 1099 viewscbower

After they scored.... on 17:22 - Jan 2 by urbanblue

He lacks the belief. Some might say he needs to get a run of games but when he has started, he has been quite poor.

bluescouser

Yeah, there could be other reasons.... on 17:54 - Jan 2 with 1083 viewsBloots

After they scored.... on 17:41 - Jan 2 by LankHenners

I'm still generally positive and back the club to get a couple or so bodies in this month to help out but it has to be said we're falling into a few familiar patterns like you've highlighted.

I get why we keep doing what we do and there is sense in believing in your principles, not panicking and getting silly etc. but there is a growing sense that teams are getting happier and happier to sit back and watch us and then use their energy to defend from about 20ish yards from their goal.

Maybe you could be generous and say some of the players are looking leggy and the illness bug has had an effect as at the start of the season we were playing with a higher tempo than we are now and a bit more positivity. But you do get the feeling now that there's a tad much believing that things will work out rather than grabbing it by the scruff of the neck and making things work out.

....agreed. Tiredness, illness etc.

My concern is that without change it's only going to get worse.

At the start of the season teams weren't prepared, but the longer we go the easier it will be for them.

I can imagine the opposition pre match team meetings:

"Right lads, we are playing Ipswich next.....this is what they are going to do and this is how we are going to stop them"

I don't think we have enough individual quality to get enough results against well drilled, well organised teams.

So we need to mix up the styles a bit, when it's needed, or bring in some extra quality.

....or both.

After they scored.... on 17:54 - Jan 2 with 1082 viewsStewart27

After they scored.... on 17:41 - Jan 2 by LankHenners

Coupled with the fact a team needs to knock a few high balls into our box and wait for the Benny Hill music.
After they scored.... on 17:57 - Jan 2 with 1049 viewsbackwaywhen

After they scored.... on 17:31 - Jan 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Ditto Wes Burns.

Burns got past his man several times today , you watching same game ?
There's not much wrong.... on 18:00 - Jan 2 with 1024 viewsFromReuserWithLove

There's not much wrong.... on 17:30 - Jan 2 by Bloots

....with what we do, about 75% of the time.

But relentlessly repeating the same style no matter what the state of the game dictates is pointless.

Our reluctance to mix our style up will, I fear, ultimately cost us.

sometimes you just need to attack quickly and be a flat-track bully.
After they scored.... on 18:02 - Jan 2 with 990 viewsDavoIPB

After they scored.... on 17:57 - Jan 2 by backwaywhen

Burns got past his man several times today , you watching same game ?

He did but no end product. The only time there was he was offside
There's not much wrong.... on 18:05 - Jan 2 with 973 viewscressi

There's not much wrong.... on 18:00 - Jan 2 by FromReuserWithLove

sometimes you just need to attack quickly and be a flat-track bully.

Burns is all pace but has a lack of guile to pick anyone out hence why his playing this level
Yeah, there could be other reasons.... on 18:08 - Jan 2 with 946 viewsLankHenners

Yeah, there could be other reasons.... on 17:54 - Jan 2 by Bloots

....agreed. Tiredness, illness etc.

My concern is that without change it's only going to get worse.

At the start of the season teams weren't prepared, but the longer we go the easier it will be for them.

I can imagine the opposition pre match team meetings:

"Right lads, we are playing Ipswich next.....this is what they are going to do and this is how we are going to stop them"

I don't think we have enough individual quality to get enough results against well drilled, well organised teams.

So we need to mix up the styles a bit, when it's needed, or bring in some extra quality.

....or both.

Hard to say if he'd have been good enough to make much of a difference (and that McKenna's either left him out or only played him for 5 mins suggests he might not have done) but it was a shame we couldn't have Ahadme as an option from earlier on as he looks a different profile to the other forwards.

The other big shame for me is TJJ being injured - thought he was starting to look really good and was tricky for opposing defenders to pick up.

Anyway, can't go on about what ifs.

Agree that other teams are getting used to the 'formula' to beat us, and teams with better quality/more intent than the likes of Lincoln will cause us more problems than simply hanging on for a point.

9 league games before end of Feb, 5 at home, 7 against dross or teams we've already beaten comfortably (Oxford, Bristol Rovers) and the 2 big home hitters against Plymouth and Wednesday. A strong run through that gets us back on track nicely but need to up it a bit and another couple of signings in, preferably this week.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

After they scored.... on 18:12 - Jan 2 with 905 viewschicoazul

You were right.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

After they scored.... on 18:13 - Jan 2 with 901 viewsLeoMuff

After they scored.... on 18:02 - Jan 2 by DavoIPB

He did but no end product. The only time there was he was offside

Agree he was 1 v 1 loads first half, but his man poor quality delivery.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

No comment. (n/t) on 18:21 - Jan 2 with 847 viewsBloots

After they scored.... on 18:12 - Jan 2 by chicoazul

You were right.

After they scored.... on 18:23 - Jan 2 with 831 viewskizaitfc

Our biggest issue all season IMO, we don't carry the ball enough.

We look very good when we do it, Morsy, Aluko, Burns, KVY and Edwards all very capable of doing it

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024