Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? 14:10 - Jan 9 with 2526 viewsunstableblue

Striker/front man - Ladapo, Hirst, Broadhead, Ahadme

Attacking mids/number 10s / wingers - Chaplin, Harness, Aluko, Burns, Edwards, Jackson, Humphreys

Yes I know Humphreys is central mid, but we’ve got Evans, Morsy and Luongo there now, and wunderkid can score and breaks into the box

11 players into 4 positions is rather stacked. And the likes of Ahadme, Jackson, Edwards become much less likely to feature despite Jackson and Edwards playing well.

The subs bench is going to be interesting going forward.

Our starting 11 is:
Walton
Donacien Wolf Burgess Davis
Morsy Evans
Burns Chaplin Harness
Ladapo

Subs: Hladky, Edmundson, Leigh, Luongo, Aluko, Hirst, Broadhead

Very harsh on Humphreys, and in part Jackson and Edwards to not make the bench, also no Keogh

Thank god for the FA Cup!!
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 14:50]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:15 - Jan 9 with 2452 viewsJakeITFC

I think it is more like (with brackets being a secondary position):

Striker: Hirst, Ladapo, Ahadme (Jackson)

Inside left: Broadhead, Harness, Edwards

Inside right: Chaplin, Aluko, Jackson

Right-wing: Burns (Jackson, Edwards)

You might want to lose one of those front-men, but I think we are generally ok numbers wise there - we will start three forwards and sub three on most weeks and we looked like a much weaker proposition when we didn't have the strength to do that in November/December. As it stands we would be back to that depth with able deputies for injury or suspension.
good post on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 2302 viewsunstableblue

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:15 - Jan 9 by JakeITFC

You might want to lose one of those front-men, but I think we are generally ok numbers wise there - we will start three forwards and sub three on most weeks and we looked like a much weaker proposition when we didn't have the strength to do that in November/December. As it stands we would be back to that depth with able deputies for injury or suspension.

I think that's a better portrayal of the situation by position

I think Ladapo missing some good chance, and the very intermittent form of Chaplin and Harness, combined with that minor injury crisis in Nov/Dec you sight is what's in McKenna's mind.

And that ability to swap 3 attackers at 60 or 70mins gone.

But I still think the challenge is how Jackson, Edwards get even on the bench. And thats two players who for me were pushing for a start. But Aluko, Hirst and Broadhead are going to be ehad of them for the bench spots.

But certainly we have huge back-up if injuries do occur.

Also with regard my earlier post.. KVY not making the bench is also mad!

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:30 - Jan 9 with 2282 viewsDubtractor

11 into 4 surely?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:32 - Jan 9 with 2257 viewschicoazul

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:15 - Jan 9 by JakeITFC

Strongly suspect we won’t see Ahadme again. KMc likes Jackson for his pace but with the two new guys he will struggle to make the 18.
Good thing about it is we now have horses for courses - so if you want someone to hold the ball you use Aluko, want another goal threat Harness etc - but people expecting both new guys to go straight in may be disappointed since it would have to be at the expense of our two top scorers Lad and Chaplin.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:38 - Jan 9 with 2165 viewstractorboy1978

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:32 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Strongly suspect we won’t see Ahadme again. KMc likes Jackson for his pace but with the two new guys he will struggle to make the 18.
Good thing about it is we now have horses for courses - so if you want someone to hold the ball you use Aluko, want another goal threat Harness etc - but people expecting both new guys to go straight in may be disappointed since it would have to be at the expense of our two top scorers Lad and Chaplin.

Hirst was McKenna's top target all summer and we were willing to pay £2m odd for him. With a whole week's training under his belt, wouldn't surprise me at all if he starts on Saturday. Broadhead has been playing in the Championship, cost us £1.5m and again will have almost a full week's training.

It will be horses for courses but can quickly see those two being part of our considered 'best 11' ahead of Harness and Ladapo.
So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:51 - Jan 9 with 2024 viewsunstableblue

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 14:30 - Jan 9 by Dubtractor

11 into 4 surely?

Pedant

Amended, my bad

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 14:54 - Jan 9 with 1955 viewsWeirdFishes

There’s no way we’re paying what we are for Broadhead for him to be a bench player.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 14:58 - Jan 9 with 1906 viewschicoazul

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 14:54 - Jan 9 by WeirdFishes

There’s no way we’re paying what we are for Broadhead for him to be a bench player.

We’ve benched Davis a few times this season. Had Leigh not been injured it may have happened more.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 14:59 - Jan 9 with 1888 viewsclive_baker

If you're including Humphreys and Burns in the 11 then it's into 5 really. 2 heads for each position is about right, we're probably in a position where Jackson or Edwards could move on, but not really much value in it at this stage.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 15:10 - Jan 9 with 1799 viewsStadiumofdark

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 14:59 - Jan 9 by clive_baker

If you're including Humphreys and Burns in the 11 then it's into 5 really. 2 heads for each position is about right, we're probably in a position where Jackson or Edwards could move on, but not really much value in it at this stage.

Yes, if we were starting the season with that many I'd be worried.... but, it feels like we need bodies in, to give ourselves the best chance now we're in a good position

No real value in moving KJ or KE on, unless they are desperate to leave.
So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 15:16 - Jan 9 with 1746 viewsclive_baker

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 15:10 - Jan 9 by Stadiumofdark

Yes, if we were starting the season with that many I'd be worried.... but, it feels like we need bodies in, to give ourselves the best chance now we're in a good position

No real value in moving KJ or KE on, unless they are desperate to leave.

Yeah for the sake of 4 months I think we might as well keen them around. You never know, we could pick up 2 or 3 injuries in a certain area and we need them again. Wouldn't be surprised to see a fair few move on in the summer though, at least 6 or 7 I would think.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 16:24 - Jan 9 with 1495 viewsBlueBoots

Did I miss us cutting TJJ's loan short and returning him to Arsenal, or has everyone just forgotten him?

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 16:29 - Jan 9 with 1424 viewschicoazul

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 16:24 - Jan 9 by BlueBoots

Did I miss us cutting TJJ's loan short and returning him to Arsenal, or has everyone just forgotten him?

Fully expect us to kill his loan if we can. If not he’ll come back and be a squad member.

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 16:44 - Jan 9 with 1329 viewstextbackup

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 16:24 - Jan 9 by BlueBoots

He’s back at Arsenal getting treatment.
Wasn’t he ruled out for the season?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 16:48 - Jan 9 with 1296 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Listening to the KoA pod and Andy Warren also thought Broadhead could play proper left wing if needed, or in the No 10 where you have him.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 16:48 - Jan 9 with 1295 viewsKieran_Knows

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 4!!?? on 16:44 - Jan 9 by textbackup

He’s back at Arsenal getting treatment.
Wasn’t he ruled out for the season?

Till Feb, IIRC.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So our forward options summarised then?! 11 players into 3!!?? on 16:49 - Jan 9 with 1282 viewstextbackup

I don’t see beyond Hirst and Ladapo for that top spot, be amazed if Gassan plays again this season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024