Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine mind time travel experience 19:51 - Aug 17 with 1394 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone ever had one?

Cut a long story short. I was messing about on iTunes and a track came on that I originally had on a 1973 K-Tel compilation called Dynamite.

Closed my eyes and for a few seconds I could see my 10 year old self's bedroom, smell the smells (it was a 1970's new build), posters on the wall, b & w portable telly etc. For a while I was genuinely there and out of my body.

Weidest fcuking thing that has ever happened to me. But very pleasing, unless it's the onset of dementia.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Genuine mind time travel experience on 20:40 - Aug 17 with 1258 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dementia.

Definite info.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Acid. (n/t) on 20:59 - Aug 17 with 1217 viewsBloots

Genuine mind time travel experience on 20:40 - Aug 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Dementia.

Definite info.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Genuine mind time travel experience on 21:00 - Aug 17 with 1217 viewsJ2BLUE

Music does that. Sounds more like a heavy dose of nostalgia and maybe accessing part of the brain we don't understand in a relaxed state.

There are certain songs which make me feel a certain way and I can picture where I was, how I felt and see the surroundings.

Do you ever see something in a dream and wake up and wonder how your mind recreated it in such detail?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Genuine mind time travel experience on 21:43 - Aug 17 with 1115 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Genuine mind time travel experience on 21:00 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

Music does that. Sounds more like a heavy dose of nostalgia and maybe accessing part of the brain we don't understand in a relaxed state.

There are certain songs which make me feel a certain way and I can picture where I was, how I felt and see the surroundings.

Do you ever see something in a dream and wake up and wonder how your mind recreated it in such detail?

"Do you ever see something in a dream and wake up and wonder how your mind recreated it in such detail?"

The wife has been the victim of my detailed dreams many time, and her multiple affairs whilst I've been asleep.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Genuine mind time travel experience on 21:46 - Aug 17 with 1103 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If it was so great why fear it being the onset of dementia? Without wanting to belittle the condition, I do sometimes wonder if it is far worse for those around than for the sufferer themselves. That said, I think there is a stage where someone begins to show symptoms but hasn't lost their faculties and you can see the frustration they feel.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Genuine mind time travel experience on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 1087 viewsGlasgowBlue

Genuine mind time travel experience on 21:00 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

Oh yes. I think I have posted this before, but I have three or four regular go to dreams.

Probably had those handful of dreams over the past forty years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Genuine mind time travel experience on 22:33 - Aug 17 with 1008 viewsKeno

Genuine mind time travel experience on 21:56 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Oh yes. I think I have posted this before, but I have three or four regular go to dreams.

Probably had those handful of dreams over the past forty years.

When you say handful is that a euphemism?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Genuine mind time travel experience on 01:39 - Aug 18 with 874 viewsRyorry

Following an incident which I related a few years ago (and which got roundly poo-poo'd on here by some as coincidence, despite the detail making coincidence an impossibility) - I strongly believe there is more than one kind of time.

So much still out there is unknown.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Genuine mind time travel experience on 04:24 - Aug 18 with 795 viewsPendejo

Many sights, sounds and smells trigger vivid memories; which is a type of time travel.

The other day at my depot one of the driver's came in with clothes smelling of whatever my paternal grandmother used to use (probably Fairy) and for a split second I was there, pre 1984 (YoD), in her kitchen.
Mind you I'm in this kitchen every Sunday, and it still has the same table and chairs, tho the chairs are falling apart.

Easy Lover by Phil Collins takes me back to my first job working in a parts Dept with Vic, Adrian, Ian, and Nigel (a Yosemite Sam lookalike)me

But then I frequently day dream

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024