Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We only have to win 17 17:25 - Oct 28 with 2515 viewsCrawfordsboot

More games out of the 33 we have left to pretty much guarantee the premiership next season.
In that context wouldn’t it be a smart move to bring in a proven prem goalscorer in January.
We only have to win 17 on 17:27 - Oct 28 with 2440 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Or at least a player like Adam Armstrong who is proven at this level. We do need some more stability at the back which I’m hoping Axel will bring.
We only have to win 17 on 17:29 - Oct 28 with 2418 viewsgainsboroughblue

As much as we've been great, I think we do need activity in January. Last two wins have been more 'getting it over the line' and another 30 odd games of this is going to be tough on a squad who are likely to be hampered by AFCON etc.

The good thing is though, we are getting closer to Jan each week and only strengthening our position, while becoming an attractive proposition for potential targets in the process.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

We only have to win 17 on 17:40 - Oct 28 with 2298 viewsClareBlue

No. We can get one when we need one. This team is more than it's components. Watch them in warm up and when things are not going well. This is a properly managed team. You dig out results like we have this week because of this. You can very easily destroy that with signings that are not exactly right. Even this year after Jan transfer we had some issues for a few matches which were sorted by our proper manager, but it is harder at this level if it isn't working. It's a delicate balance and we have to trust our manager to get it right. The evidence is he will.
We only have to win 17 on 17:43 - Oct 28 with 2248 viewsBlueStreak

We only have to win 17 on 17:40 - Oct 28 by ClareBlue

No. We can get one when we need one. This team is more than it's components. Watch them in warm up and when things are not going well. This is a properly managed team. You dig out results like we have this week because of this. You can very easily destroy that with signings that are not exactly right. Even this year after Jan transfer we had some issues for a few matches which were sorted by our proper manager, but it is harder at this level if it isn't working. It's a delicate balance and we have to trust our manager to get it right. The evidence is he will.

Disagree with your first sentence completely.

If you are looking for one when you need one then it’s already too late. Look at town last Jan recruiting for the Championship then. It will be the same this Jan where we are looking to continue momentum and replace players ready for the next step.
We only have to win 17 on 17:45 - Oct 28 with 2217 viewsRKD

We only have to win 17 on 17:27 - Oct 28 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Or at least a player like Adam Armstrong who is proven at this level. We do need some more stability at the back which I’m hoping Axel will bring.

I think he’s been a long term target of McKenna, much like Taylor and Hirst were.

The good thing is it will be a lot easier to overcome what seemed to be the biggest barrier when recruiting in the summer; attracting the quality of player that matched our budget and ambition.

I think they’ll be players queuing up to player under McKenna.

When we appointed McKenna I had no idea who he was, but I recall a certain Guardian journalist saying it had a very high ceiling. If we do secure promotion this season, I really hope Kieran McKenna wants to stay long enough to find out just how high that ceiling is.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

We only have to win 17 on 22:57 - Oct 28 with 1887 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We only have to win 17 on 17:45 - Oct 28 by RKD

I think he’s been a long term target of McKenna, much like Taylor and Hirst were.

The good thing is it will be a lot easier to overcome what seemed to be the biggest barrier when recruiting in the summer; attracting the quality of player that matched our budget and ambition.

I think they’ll be players queuing up to player under McKenna.

When we appointed McKenna I had no idea who he was, but I recall a certain Guardian journalist saying it had a very high ceiling. If we do secure promotion this season, I really hope Kieran McKenna wants to stay long enough to find out just how high that ceiling is.

I think we should be working on an unprecedented 10 year contract with the man, if this is anything to go by, he’s going to take us back to bigger things and we need to ensure that we don’t let him slip away!
We only have to win 17 on 23:05 - Oct 28 with 1820 viewsITFCBlues

Proven Prem scorer? What 40m+?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

We only have to win 17 on 23:08 - Oct 28 with 1792 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just another hirst will do and maybe send scarlett back.
Wasting a sub at the moment bringing him on at present.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

We only have to win 17 on 23:16 - Oct 28 with 1726 viewsDarkBrandon

We only have to win 17 on 23:05 - Oct 28 by ITFCBlues

Proven Prem scorer? What 40m+?

Well, quite. And one who is happy to drop down to the Championship, fits our model of buying young players, can adapt to our style, has the right attitude and is prepared to take a cut in salary (or whose huge salary won’t annoy the rest of the squad). And one who Leeds and Leicester don’t want.

Good luck.

A proven Championship goalscorer is what we might need. We are relying on Hirst, although he was far from a proven Championship striker when we signed him. He’s another who has stepped up impressively this season.

You can see how a couple of signings would help us out in the second half of the season (unless Taylor can deputise for Morsy/Luongo, I haven’t seen enough of him to judge) but let’s not get ahead of ourselves
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 23:29]
We only have to win 17 on 01:20 - Oct 29 with 1427 viewsParisBlue

We only have to win 17 on 23:08 - Oct 28 by FrimleyBlue

Just another hirst will do and maybe send scarlett back.
Wasting a sub at the moment bringing him on at present.

Jay Stansfield looks to be in the Hirst mold. Only on the bench today but scored.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

We only have to win 17 on 01:55 - Oct 29 with 1400 viewsnorfsufblue

So win all our home games and it's done 👍😉 if only it were that simple eh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024