Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic signings in the January window 13:23 - Nov 26 with 9056 viewsIllinoisblue

Seen the name of Whittaker thrown around a lot. Can’t see Plymouth selling him and if they did they’ll want 8m - 10m at least. (Based on Simms going for 7m and who appears to be nowhere near the level of Whittaker). Doubt we’ll be paying that sort of fee and would also assume he’ll have interest from clubs bigger than us.

Any other names that might be an option? Have our European scouts sourced any leads yet?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Realistic signings in the January window on 13:32 - Nov 26 with 6002 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Although we do need to be spending that sort of money if we want to get automatic promotion. I think it’ll be a loan striker rather than permanent for that reason.
Realistic signings in the January window on 13:55 - Nov 26 with 5923 viewsIllinoisblue

Realistic signings in the January window on 13:32 - Nov 26 by PrideOfTheEast

Although we do need to be spending that sort of money if we want to get automatic promotion. I think it’ll be a loan striker rather than permanent for that reason.

Yes a loan might be the way to go. Someone like a Reuser or Celina who can unlock tight games and provide a spark of magic would be nice.

62 - 78 - 81

Realistic signings in the January window on 14:15 - Nov 26 with 5872 viewsWacko

Keinan Davis hasn't played much for Udinese, could be worth a go

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Realistic signings in the January window on 14:31 - Nov 26 with 5821 viewsDarkBrandon

Realistic signings in the January window on 13:55 - Nov 26 by Illinoisblue

Yes a loan might be the way to go. Someone like a Reuser or Celina who can unlock tight games and provide a spark of magic would be nice.

Is that what we need? We have Chaplin, Hutchinson, Broadhead, Harness, Burns and maybe also Scarlett depending on how develops. [Edit - and Jackson] Our problem isn’t really converting 0-0 scorelines into 1-0s.

Surely instead we need another option to Ladapo up front when Hirst is tired or (God forbid) injured.

Equally I worry about the age, international commitments and yellow card count for Morsy and Luongo. Evans is now out, Taylor is doing fine, but is a slightly different kind of player, and I haven’t seen that much of Ball. Is that enough?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 14:33]
Realistic signings in the January window on 14:37 - Nov 26 with 5795 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

You can’t see us spending 10m on one player, which is realistically what Plymouth would want. Plus we are blessed with attacking midfielders.

Striker has to be more of a priority. I love Hirst but he’s hit a drop off in form, the ball is too often pinging off him, and frequently offside. I think he’s proved he’s good enough at this level, but we don’t have the quality to cover for him when he needs a rest. Ladapo for me seems to be better off the bench, so I’d be shocked if we didn’t go for another frontman in Jan.
Realistic signings in the January window on 14:43 - Nov 26 with 5783 viewsWarkystache

I'd send Scarlett back and try for Amad Diallo from Man U or Colby Bishop from Pompey

We also need better defenders

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:26 - Nov 26 with 5674 viewsNthQldITFC

Realistic signings in the January window on 14:43 - Nov 26 by Warkystache

I'd send Scarlett back and try for Amad Diallo from Man U or Colby Bishop from Pompey

We also need better defenders

I think Scarlett is showing signs that he's just about to come good. I would not send him back!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:28 - Nov 26 with 5662 viewsHighgateBlue

Realistic signings in the January window on 13:32 - Nov 26 by PrideOfTheEast

I agree on both points.

If you consider that Marcus Stewart was an absolute bargain when we bought him, and surely transfer fees at the top end of the Championship must have gone up at least fourfold in the 23 years since we signed him.
Login to get fewer ads

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:28 - Nov 26 with 5661 viewsIllinoisblue

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:26 - Nov 26 by NthQldITFC

I think Scarlett is showing signs that he's just about to come good. I would not send him back!

Agreed. Lot more to come from him. And if KMc considers him one of the best young strikers in Europe, that’s good enough for me

62 - 78 - 81

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:29 - Nov 26 with 5657 viewsPhilTWTD

Simms went for £3.5m plus top-ups.
Realistic signings in the January window on 15:40 - Nov 26 with 5613 viewsKieran_Knows

Brewster - loan.
Bishop - permanent.
Cashin - permanent.

Ladapo, Jackson and Donacien all to leave.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:56 - Nov 26 with 5538 viewscressi

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:28 - Nov 26 by Illinoisblue

Agreed. Lot more to come from him. And if KMc considers him one of the best young strikers in Europe, that’s good enough for me

Scarlet may turn good in the future problem is we need him performing Now. We need a out and out striker great 19 yr old are few and far between believe we need a minimum of 3 in or could fall away only opinions.
Realistic signings in the January window on 16:10 - Nov 26 with 5485 viewsIllinoisblue

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:29 - Nov 26 by PhilTWTD

I’m scarred on transfer fees ever since we were told Richard Wright went to Arsenal for 6million and it turned out to be only 2million.

Surely in this age of financial fair play, all transfer fees should be transparent. “Undisclosed fee” should not be allowed.

62 - 78 - 81

Realistic signings in the January window on 16:16 - Nov 26 with 5459 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:56 - Nov 26 by cressi

Scarlet may turn good in the future problem is we need him performing Now. We need a out and out striker great 19 yr old are few and far between believe we need a minimum of 3 in or could fall away only opinions.

Scarlett just needs game time IMO.

But then I'm just a bloke on a fans' forum.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Realistic signings in the January window on 17:02 - Nov 26 with 5341 viewshomer_123

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:40 - Nov 26 by Kieran_Knows

Brewster - loan.
Bishop - permanent.
Cashin - permanent.

I admit, as much as I really like him, Teddy would be a rather left-field signing.

Imagine what kind of player he might have been under KM.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Realistic signings in the January window on 17:33 - Nov 26 with 5235 viewscatch74

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:40 - Nov 26 by Kieran_Knows

Brewster - loan.
Bishop - permanent.
Cashin - permanent.

Brewster would be good, assuming a loan as he’d cost millions?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Realistic signings in the January window on 19:56 - Nov 26 with 4914 viewsWickets

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:29 - Nov 26 by PhilTWTD

Nearly always fees seem to be exaggerated on football forums a d it is worth remembering that we have to stick to budget restraints talk of 8 or 10 mill has got to be a step too far has it not .
Realistic signings in the January window on 20:16 - Nov 26 with 4809 viewsParky

Heard McKenna is/was interested in Ross McCausland from Rangers, but can’t see them allowing him to leave, think he’s beyond us now.

I could see us signing Poku from Peterborough as an upgrade on Jackson, Tim Iroegbunam as a replacement for Lee Evans and a loan from the Prem to help with Hirst and Ladapo. Someone like Rodrigo Muniz, Sasa Kalajdzic or Rhian Brewster.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 20:19]
Realistic signings in the January window on 20:21 - Nov 26 with 4777 viewsNthQldITFC

Realistic signings in the January window on 15:56 - Nov 26 by cressi

We probably see him as different things - I see him as a Broadhead equivalent/sub, much as Hutchinson is for Burns. I think we need an out and out no. 9 as well as Scarlett.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Realistic signings in the January window on 20:29 - Nov 26 with 4728 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Realistic signings in the January window on 13:55 - Nov 26 by Illinoisblue

Agree that we need a different sort of No.10/Left winger - Broadhead, Harness and Chaplin all quite similar and need to have someone with a creative spark rather than goal scoring prowess for some games in that role.
Realistic signings in the January window on 20:39 - Nov 26 with 4670 viewsSheffordBlue

Realistic signings in the January window on 20:16 - Nov 26 by Parky

Heard McKenna is/was interested in Ross McCausland from Rangers, but can’t see them allowing him to leave, think he’s beyond us now.

I could see us signing Poku from Peterborough as an upgrade on Jackson, Tim Iroegbunam as a replacement for Lee Evans and a loan from the Prem to help with Hirst and Ladapo. Someone like Rodrigo Muniz, Sasa Kalajdzic or Rhian Brewster.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 20:19]

Looks like he's just about to sign a new deal at Rangers:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/ross-mccausland-agr

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Realistic signings in the January window on 20:47 - Nov 26 with 4612 viewsMattinLondon

Not realistic but Flynn Downs would be a fantastic signing.
Realistic signings in the January window on 20:51 - Nov 26 with 4591 viewsHerbivore

Realistic signings in the January window on 20:47 - Nov 26 by MattinLondon

Not realistic but Flynn Downs would be a fantastic signing.

He would be, but just can't see it. His wages alone probably put him out of reach.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Realistic signings in the January window on 21:02 - Nov 26 with 4565 viewsParky

Realistic signings in the January window on 20:39 - Nov 26 by SheffordBlue

Looks like he's just about to sign a new deal at Rangers:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/ross-mccausland-agr

Yeah, I did read that. Thought he’d be beyond us even if he didn’t sign a new deal, with some bigger teams linked, but I was quite reliably told that he’s one McKenna really likes.
Realistic signings in the January window on 21:10 - Nov 26 with 4521 viewsParky

No idea if it would be realistic, but going to put a young Colombian midfielder called Richard Rios, 23 year-old who plays for Palmeiras in Brazil.

I know you can only see so much from a YouTube clip, but some highlights below. Transfermarkt reckons he’s worth £2.5M, so would fit our profile of signing for low with high potential.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024