Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. 21:44 - Dec 5 with 5292 viewsunstableblue

… maybe leave sooner than I thought

He’s going to get a serious offer soon. This affirmation from so many channels of his quality is becoming deafening.

Can we keep him as long as possible?

The guy values fan support, backing, and passion.

Yes I know ‘Town fan support is traditionally poor’, yes I know it was cold the other night, yes I know the acoustics of Portman Road aren’t great, yes I know people are rushing to get to their cars to get home meaning they can’t clap them off…. Yes I know it’s your right to choose how you support your team. Blah blah blah. Yes I know I’m feckin annoying.

But we showed on 4 or 5 occasions last season that this fan base can BRING THE NOIZE… Jesus when we stepped out against Plymouth my Apple Watch was imploring me to get out of the high noise levels for 5 minutes. Those scenes before the Exeter game - Incredible.

I’m suggesting people that this glorious spell in our club history and our fan experience is finite!

Don’t be passive. Just start celebrating it passionately, just give it everything on a matchday. Shout, start songs, from wherever you are in the ground.

These are the best of days, don’t leave anything on the terraces.

Make McKenna think… “I’m liking Christchurch Park”, “I like fish and chips in Aldeburgh”, “my kids are settled here”, “and these fans are so rabid, they’re so passionately backing my project, do I really want to go to the moaning of Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge?”

Wibble wibble wibble

Please deride this post in the usual manner.

I thank you.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

You are Clangers on amphetamine sulphate on 21:46 - Dec 5 with 4037 viewsDyland

:)
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 21:46]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 21:49 - Dec 5 with 3993 viewstcblue

Why stop at crowd atmosphere? Does anyone know where he lives? We must immediately set up a rota to walk ahead of him scattering rose petals before his blessed holy feet
You need help mate. (n/t) on 21:49 - Dec 5 with 3977 viewsBloots

AKA - "Elite Pete"

On a serious more stable note on 21:52 - Dec 5 with 3972 viewsunstableblue

McKenna’s reputation, the feedback from players, pundits and other managers,
The quality of play and the consistent results, combined with the entertainment and effectiveness of his style and the fact that he’s young and British… I do think his time here is more finite than I had thought.

I’d have thought he’d have had a wobble in results by now that would have tarnished his brand.

I did think we was switched on enough to bide his time here learning his craft. No need to rush. A training facility to design and oversee. Loving the stability of Suffolk.

I’m not so sure. This guys on a fast track.

As per my unstable post above - just feckin love every minute we can

You need help mate. (n/t) on 21:53 - Dec 5 with 3937 viewsunstableblue

You need help mate. (n/t) on 21:49 - Dec 5 by Bloots

The amusing thing is you think I’m being serious

Haven’t you worked it out yet?!

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 21:56 - Dec 5 with 3903 viewsunstableblue

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 21:49 - Dec 5 by tcblue

Why stop at crowd atmosphere? Does anyone know where he lives? We must immediately set up a rota to walk ahead of him scattering rose petals before his blessed holy feet

I was thinking more palm fronds?

Lovely stuff. (n/t) on 21:57 - Dec 5 with 3893 viewsBloots

You need help mate. (n/t) on 21:53 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

AKA - "Elite Pete"

You are Clangers on amphetamine sulphate on 21:58 - Dec 5 with 3884 viewsunstableblue

You are Clangers on amphetamine sulphate on 21:46 - Dec 5 by Dyland

:)
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 21:46]

Superb

Login to get fewer ads

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 21:58 - Dec 5 with 3879 viewsDubtractor

Give it a rest FFS.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 22:01 - Dec 5 with 3841 viewsunstableblue

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 21:58 - Dec 5 by Dubtractor

Give it a rest FFS.

Trust me Dubster… in those insane ramblings, I’m afraid, is a narrow seam of truth

You may not see it now… but you will… oh you will… YOU ALL WILL

It’s boring on here… I’m off to watch Newsnight

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 22:44 - Dec 5 with 3587 viewsnodge_blue

The atmosphere wasn’t dreadful on Saturday. And let’s remember that he knows from Man Utd that massive clubs often have lulls in supporter volume. I went to Anfield last year to see them play the budgies and they were fairly subdued.

Crowds are a bit like that. Maybe expecting a win. Maybe a bit cold. Maybe a bit apprehensive about the fear of failure and it’s the hope that kills you.

But I’m sure the noise levels will be back. Let’s not sweat on it.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 22:55 - Dec 5 with 3503 viewsReusersTown

Yep, this is weird.
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 22:58 - Dec 5 with 3481 viewsunstableblue

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 22:55 - Dec 5 by ReusersTown

Yep, this is weird.

Are you actually Roy from Bungay?

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 23:00 - Dec 5 with 3464 viewsPinewoodblue

Bot you aren't coming back to a thread you are starting another one and no doubt will do so again before the weekend. Give it a rest....

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 23:10 - Dec 5 with 3417 viewsunstableblue

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 22:44 - Dec 5 by nodge_blue

The atmosphere wasn’t dreadful on Saturday. And let’s remember that he knows from Man Utd that massive clubs often have lulls in supporter volume. I went to Anfield last year to see them play the budgies and they were fairly subdued.

Crowds are a bit like that. Maybe expecting a win. Maybe a bit cold. Maybe a bit apprehensive about the fear of failure and it’s the hope that kills you.

But I’m sure the noise levels will be back. Let’s not sweat on it.

Agree Anfield has a poor atmosphere unlike their boisterous Evertonian neighbours

Old Trafford is actually pretty good… often quite passionate… often quite critical

Have you been to Brentford, Newcastle or Sheff United? Often very good.

One fan base and ground of real interest is the Emirates. It used to be absolutely woeful, no atmosphere whatsoever. Yes I know they’ve had an uptick in form… but the fan base have genuinely built a movement/project to increase the noise - have a look into it.

Look, all silliness beside, the atmospheric was pretty dreadful Saturday, at the end there was really a very poor celebration of yet another home win, relatively muted - this glorious moment in our club’s history may well be shortlived - shouldn’t we celebrate it in style and give McKenna the adoration he deserves?! I’ll get my coat (again)

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 23:18 - Dec 5 with 3368 viewsunstableblue

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 23:00 - Dec 5 by Pinewoodblue

Bot you aren't coming back to a thread you are starting another one and no doubt will do so again before the weekend. Give it a rest....

I’m pissing around Pinewood, don’t take it so seriously

But to your point… the difference and the point of this new thread is this… I thought McKenna would be here 2-3 seasons.. I think there were some valid reasons to think that - young family, safe place to develop his approach and knowledge, positive fan base, new training centre, supportive ownership group

But the last 24hrs have made me think the hype and noise around him is growing, and he keeps getting results and form.

I still think he’ll be here to the end of 24/25…

But let’s love every minute and jump/sing a bit on the way?!

On a serious more stable note on 23:23 - Dec 5 with 3345 viewsBugs

On a serious more stable note on 21:52 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

The quality of play and the consistent results, combined with the entertainment and effectiveness of his style and the fact that he’s young and British… I do think his time here is more finite than I had thought.

I’d have thought he’d have had a wobble in results by now that would have tarnished his brand.

I did think we was switched on enough to bide his time here learning his craft. No need to rush. A training facility to design and oversee. Loving the stability of Suffolk.

We have had 2 draws and lost a game in the last 6 league games, that was our wobble.....I hope unrealistically.
You need help mate. (n/t) on 00:47 - Dec 6 with 3221 viewsIllinoisblue

Wait, you’re parodying yourself?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 00:50 - Dec 6 with 3217 viewsRyorry

Tbh, I credit him with having an Mount Everest amount of sense compared to the molehill in your OP.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

On a serious more stable note on 02:35 - Dec 6 with 3132 viewsZapers

On a serious more stable note on 21:52 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

How do you sleep at night!
You need help mate. (n/t) on 02:39 - Dec 6 with 3127 viewsZapers

Yes i think you are being serious, but you are now backtracking
You need help mate. (n/t) on 07:28 - Dec 6 with 2799 viewsBuhrer

You need help mate. (n/t) on 02:39 - Dec 6 by Zapers

Yes i think you are being serious, but you are now backtracking

I'm looking out for the latest update of 'Broadhead Watch'. Its the only way us super fans can let him know how much we love him. Apparently. Catch up to the 26000 other unter fans!
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 07:28 - Dec 6 with 2792 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Your watch did what!!!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 07:45 - Dec 6 with 2745 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

McKenna post match actually said the atmosphere was good. BBC said Burns sent the crowd wild. Personally I felt it was a little flat, but that was an outlier at FPR this season.

Firstly Coventry came out second half for damage limitation, and killed the pace of the game a bit. Maybe we stepped off the gas a little, but it’s hard to keep that intensity we showed in the first half. Secondly, Coventry are a bit of a ‘nothing team’ to us. Contrast the hostile atmosphere versus Plymouth, after the rivalry we had with them last season. Cardiff had the added ‘anti English stuff, Leeds brought their general nastiness etc etc.

I’ve been to a lot of games at Chelsea and Fulham (don’t shoot me they were corporates!), they are like being in the cinema, the atmosphere has nothing on FPR.
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 09:16 - Dec 6 with 2501 viewsBiGDonnie

What about if your massive club Leeds come calling?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024