Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" 20:02 - Dec 18 with 2292 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone else remember that being played along with the "Blaydon Races" before our homes games in the 1970's?

Come One You Blues.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 20:03 - Dec 18 with 2283 viewsMullet

No.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 20:04 - Dec 18 with 2277 viewsellaandred

Yes
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 20:08 - Dec 18 with 2253 viewsbluefunk

It was regarded as our song at one point, but gradually fell away. Shame because it was good when the NS sang it. I remember Birmingham fans at PR claiming it as theirs (tbf they did keep it going)
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 20:20 - Dec 18 with 2223 viewswitchdoctor

yep…was the first song/chant I ever heard at Portman Road…whole ground used to belt it out..
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 20:23 - Dec 18 with 2206 viewsblueislander

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 20:20 - Dec 18 by witchdoctor

yep…was the first song/chant I ever heard at Portman Road…whole ground used to belt it out..

Keep right on to the end of the road was sung when we won the league.
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 21:21 - Dec 18 with 2106 viewsDJR

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 20:23 - Dec 18 by blueislander

Keep right on to the end of the road was sung when we won the league.

I remember it from the late 60s but this suggests Birmingham adopted it first.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/birmingham/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9406000/94067
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 21:25 - Dec 18 with 2084 viewsjontysnut

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 20:20 - Dec 18 by witchdoctor

I remember by dad belting it out early 70s like Vic Reeves in the club style much to my youthful embarrassment at the time.
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 21:30 - Dec 18 with 2071 viewsnorth_stand77

Yes I loved it, always sounded brilliant ringing around the ground.

Wouldn't mind that coming back!
Login to get fewer ads

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 21:33 - Dec 18 with 2059 viewsbluelagos

When I lived near Brum in the mid 90s I drank in a blues pub, some proper rivalry with the Villa fans meant regular rendition after a few beers at the weekend.

When I asked what the words were a couple of mates had a difference of opinion before getting another to rule on the wording. Left one lad learning that they were "often partizan" and not "off to Pakistan" as he thought.

He did say he always wondered why they would be off to Pakistan...fair to say he had the pss taken somewhat after that.

Good song and I defo read we sang it in our League winning season.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 21:38]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 21:55 - Dec 18 with 2017 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 21:33 - Dec 18 by bluelagos

When I lived near Brum in the mid 90s I drank in a blues pub, some proper rivalry with the Villa fans meant regular rendition after a few beers at the weekend.

When I asked what the words were a couple of mates had a difference of opinion before getting another to rule on the wording. Left one lad learning that they were "often partizan" and not "off to Pakistan" as he thought.

He did say he always wondered why they would be off to Pakistan...fair to say he had the pss taken somewhat after that.

Good song and I defo read we sang it in our League winning season.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 21:38]

And there was no such country as Pakistan when Harry Lauder wrote KROTTEOTW.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 22:33 - Dec 18 with 1969 viewsBlue_badge

December 1962 (I think), Robeck Road Junior School Christmas play for the parents - aged 9, I was one of eleven, wearing gear vaguely resembling football kit, who had to sing it "loudly and clearly boys!". Not sure if they shoe-horned it into a nativity, the song is all I remember - I hated it at the time, but still sing it to myself now and again.
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 05:36 - Dec 19 with 1885 viewsreadtheleaguetable

To me that will always be THE Ipswich song. Shame nobody under 50 remembers it!

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 07:52 - Dec 19 with 1798 viewsBluespeed225

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 22:33 - Dec 18 by Blue_badge

December 1962 (I think), Robeck Road Junior School Christmas play for the parents - aged 9, I was one of eleven, wearing gear vaguely resembling football kit, who had to sing it "loudly and clearly boys!". Not sure if they shoe-horned it into a nativity, the song is all I remember - I hated it at the time, but still sing it to myself now and again.

62’. That’s good info as I have a set of 61/62 programmes in which the ‘Supporters Club’ notes mention ‘a couple of renditions of Keep Right On’ , but asking for more vocal support throughout the game. Nothing changes eh! That article says Brums’ 1956 Cup run, so we nicked it from them. Then again, ALL clubs sang You’ll Never WAlk Alone through to late 70’s. Watch any Big Match Replayed and a London Club will be belting it out!
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 22:33 - Dec 19 with 1637 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Bring back Entry of the Gladiators
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 08:50 - Dec 20 with 1521 viewsaceviljoen

I remember singing it in the sixties, standing at the front of cobbold watching jimmy leadbetters knees running past me !
"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 09:10 - Dec 20 with 1487 viewsMullet

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 05:36 - Dec 19 by readtheleaguetable

To me that will always be THE Ipswich song. Shame nobody under 50 remembers it!

I'm 38! Yet you downvoted my honesty! Ruthless.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 10:43 - Dec 20 with 1443 viewsArnieM

I remember Town fans singing that when we played Brum in the 1970’s, at PR. They didn’t take too kindly to us stealing “their” song. They plastered “ KEEP RIGHT ON, IS OUR SONG, BCFC BOYS” all along the fencing around the practice pitch, after the game.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 13:54 - Dec 20 with 1374 viewsRadlett_blue

"Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" on 07:52 - Dec 19 by Bluespeed225

62’. That’s good info as I have a set of 61/62 programmes in which the ‘Supporters Club’ notes mention ‘a couple of renditions of Keep Right On’ , but asking for more vocal support throughout the game. Nothing changes eh! That article says Brums’ 1956 Cup run, so we nicked it from them. Then again, ALL clubs sang You’ll Never WAlk Alone through to late 70’s. Watch any Big Match Replayed and a London Club will be belting it out!

And also fans from many parts of the country sued to sing "Ha'way the lads", although the song originated in Sunderland.
I'm told that the Scottish fans usually have a few songs of their own, rather than casually adopted those from others.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024