| Resale Tickets 09:00 - Oct 1 with 2406 views | tractorboy19 | Hi Everyone, Has anyone used a facebook profile under the initials C.M. To buy resell tickets? Just want a bit of certainty before booking my match tickets/ train tickets etc |  | | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 09:05 - Oct 1 with 1750 views | Animal | Is this a wind up? Sounds like a sure fire way to get scammed to me! |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 09:10 - Oct 1 with 1725 views | mattyboar | Why wouldn't you just buy through the club? Resales pop up time to time, just got to look rather than use a "trust me bro" facebook account. |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 09:13 - Oct 1 with 1709 views | tractorboy19 |
| Resale Tickets on 09:10 - Oct 1 by mattyboar | Why wouldn't you just buy through the club? Resales pop up time to time, just got to look rather than use a "trust me bro" facebook account. |
No membership I'm afraid |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 09:46 - Oct 1 with 1632 views | ITFC_Essex | You are being scammed. Facebook was the clue. |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 09:53 - Oct 1 with 1607 views | tractorboy19 |
| Resale Tickets on 09:46 - Oct 1 by ITFC_Essex | You are being scammed. Facebook was the clue. |
Any alternative for non-members? |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 10:04 - Oct 1 with 1576 views | ITFC_Essex |
| Resale Tickets on 09:53 - Oct 1 by tractorboy19 | Any alternative for non-members? |
Join, like others have. There's no silver bullet thats going to get you legitimate tickets outside of the system. |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 10:17 - Oct 1 with 1532 views | Metal_Hacker | I can get you a date with Jennifer Lawrence if you’re interested , only cost you a few hundred quid if you’re interested |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 10:47 - Oct 1 with 1453 views | tractorboy19 | Appreciate the insight, not so much the hostility |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Resale Tickets on 10:51 - Oct 1 with 1422 views | homer_123 |
| Resale Tickets on 10:47 - Oct 1 by tractorboy19 | Appreciate the insight, not so much the hostility |
"hostility" - really? |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 10:51 - Oct 1 with 1422 views | tractorboy19 |
| Resale Tickets on 10:17 - Oct 1 by Metal_Hacker | I can get you a date with Jennifer Lawrence if you’re interested , only cost you a few hundred quid if you’re interested |
Haha, that's brilliant mate! |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 10:57 - Oct 1 with 1398 views | Mullet | Can you put the link here so the rest of us can buy tickets? |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 11:30 - Oct 1 with 1322 views | Basuco | The only ticket I saw on FB was a few years ago and they were looking to charge above face value, so that was a big no and a warning of possible scam. These days it is so easy to return a ticket I would strongly advise Club purchase only. Lots of scammers out there in PL games, especially on facebook. |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 12:50 - Oct 1 with 1151 views | BloomBlue | Nothing wrong with buying tickets via Facebook, all 100% cushy. C.M. * yes that is joke |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 15:56 - Oct 1 with 980 views | Illinoisblue |
| Resale Tickets on 09:13 - Oct 1 by tractorboy19 | No membership I'm afraid |
Sounds like you’ve answered your own question. |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 18:26 - Oct 1 with 869 views | Plums |
| Resale Tickets on 10:47 - Oct 1 by tractorboy19 | Appreciate the insight, not so much the hostility |
What they really mean is it's a closed shop unless you've coughed up £40+ for a sniff of a place in a virtual queue. It's been accepted and normalised and it's why you'll find as many threads on here about 'loyalty' points as you will league ones. It also sucks. The supporter who every now and again can make a game but can't make every week is completely stuffed - unless they pay the ransom. |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 19:00 - Oct 1 with 804 views | DarkBrandon |
| Resale Tickets on 18:26 - Oct 1 by Plums | What they really mean is it's a closed shop unless you've coughed up £40+ for a sniff of a place in a virtual queue. It's been accepted and normalised and it's why you'll find as many threads on here about 'loyalty' points as you will league ones. It also sucks. The supporter who every now and again can make a game but can't make every week is completely stuffed - unless they pay the ransom. |
I agree. It has the limited advantage that it dissuades away fans from trying to attend games in the home end by effectively doubling the price of a single ticket, and the club use it as a gate on people joining the season ticket waiting list. But it isn’t part of the current ticketing arrangements I’m a big fan of. We have a similarly nearly closed shop on away tickets. |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 19:29 - Oct 1 with 777 views | J2BLUE | Hi Everyone, Has anyone used a TWTD profile under the initials M.H to buy Jennifer Lawrence dates? Just want a bit of certainty before booking my extra small condoms and hotel room etc |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 19:33 - Oct 1 with 766 views | Swansea_Blue |
| Resale Tickets on 19:29 - Oct 1 by J2BLUE | Hi Everyone, Has anyone used a TWTD profile under the initials M.H to buy Jennifer Lawrence dates? Just want a bit of certainty before booking my extra small condoms and hotel room etc |
Yes, but I ended up with Laurie McMenemy. I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding. |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 20:39 - Oct 1 with 696 views | Nthsuffolkblue |
| Resale Tickets on 19:00 - Oct 1 by DarkBrandon | I agree. It has the limited advantage that it dissuades away fans from trying to attend games in the home end by effectively doubling the price of a single ticket, and the club use it as a gate on people joining the season ticket waiting list. But it isn’t part of the current ticketing arrangements I’m a big fan of. We have a similarly nearly closed shop on away tickets. |
Can you suggest a fairer system? Who should be the ones to miss out/easily get tickets? |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 20:39 - Oct 1 with 696 views | Animal |
| Resale Tickets on 10:47 - Oct 1 by tractorboy19 | Appreciate the insight, not so much the hostility |
I didn't mean to come across as hostile. I genuinely wondered if you were making a joke. You've got to ask yourself why anyone would be selling a ticket to a complete stranger on facebook. 1) They are a tout selling at over face value. If they are ripping of genuine fans what's to stop them not providing a ticket at all once they have your money. 2) They are a scammer. There is no ticket. 3) They genuinely have a ticket and the are trying to resell it at face value. They really need the extra few quid they would get selling it on the black market to a stranger instead of the returning it to the club for resale. They have no friends or family interested in the ticket to pass it on to. They are willing to risk having their season ticket or ticket buying rights revoked by the club. 1/2 seems more likely than 3. |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 21:31 - Oct 1 with 648 views | DarkBrandon |
| Resale Tickets on 20:39 - Oct 1 by Nthsuffolkblue | Can you suggest a fairer system? Who should be the ones to miss out/easily get tickets? |
I’ve suggested a couple of systems here, but my views are not popular (to say the least). |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 21:34 - Oct 1 with 646 views | Nthsuffolkblue |
| Resale Tickets on 21:31 - Oct 1 by DarkBrandon | I’ve suggested a couple of systems here, but my views are not popular (to say the least). |
I can't imagine a fairer system. I can understand why some fans who can't easily get tickets might prefer different systems but that doesn't make it fairer. |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 21:46 - Oct 1 with 620 views | DarkBrandon |
| Resale Tickets on 21:34 - Oct 1 by Nthsuffolkblue | I can't imagine a fairer system. I can understand why some fans who can't easily get tickets might prefer different systems but that doesn't make it fairer. |
Ok then: My view in short is that it isn’t fair that season tickets holders get the best seats in the house, for all games at a discount, whereas non season ticket holders get (in general) the worst seats in the house, which cost more per ticket, and they have to pay a membership fee which doesn’t even guarantee them a single ticket. Last season I had a membership and for a variety of reasons made it to a single game. Expensive ticket. I’d switch this. Season ticket holders should be the ones paying a supplement. Secondly I’d make many more seats available for casual fans. Season tickets holders were this once. Most kids are now. It makes sense to allow them in, at least occasionally. Personally I’d make season tickets only grant access to 17 or 18 of the home matches. The rest can be sold in the normal way, or as a ballot. Maybe STHs could nominate which games they’d miss. As I say, my views aren’t universally held. I was a season ticket holder myself for maybe 10 years, under Burley, and then later under Keane (with my son). Now … I’m a member and an occasional visitor, although I’ve done well for tickets this season. Mostly because I go to games by myself. If I wanted to visit with friends/family I’d have not seen a game, |  | |  |
| Resale Tickets on 21:56 - Oct 1 with 604 views | Plums |
| Resale Tickets on 21:46 - Oct 1 by DarkBrandon | Ok then: My view in short is that it isn’t fair that season tickets holders get the best seats in the house, for all games at a discount, whereas non season ticket holders get (in general) the worst seats in the house, which cost more per ticket, and they have to pay a membership fee which doesn’t even guarantee them a single ticket. Last season I had a membership and for a variety of reasons made it to a single game. Expensive ticket. I’d switch this. Season ticket holders should be the ones paying a supplement. Secondly I’d make many more seats available for casual fans. Season tickets holders were this once. Most kids are now. It makes sense to allow them in, at least occasionally. Personally I’d make season tickets only grant access to 17 or 18 of the home matches. The rest can be sold in the normal way, or as a ballot. Maybe STHs could nominate which games they’d miss. As I say, my views aren’t universally held. I was a season ticket holder myself for maybe 10 years, under Burley, and then later under Keane (with my son). Now … I’m a member and an occasional visitor, although I’ve done well for tickets this season. Mostly because I go to games by myself. If I wanted to visit with friends/family I’d have not seen a game, |
I'm in a slightly different place and would suggest that tickets that are still available on match day home or away are available on general sale so the casual fan can pick them up. It's maddening to see empty seats at a game you could have made it to. Members could have all the sales windows they want up to midnight on the night before a game. In the digital age, there's no reason whatsoever for that not to work. |  |
|  |
| Resale Tickets on 21:56 - Oct 1 with 604 views | Metal_Hacker |
| Resale Tickets on 19:29 - Oct 1 by J2BLUE | Hi Everyone, Has anyone used a TWTD profile under the initials M.H to buy Jennifer Lawrence dates? Just want a bit of certainty before booking my extra small condoms and hotel room etc |
Seriously ? I’ll have some of that please How much is the damage ? |  |
|  |
| |