Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawrence Value? 17:15 - Jan 14 with 2664 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Leicester may even want to keep him now for next season. I think he'd cost 5-8 million + 20k+ wages per week so wont be coming here.

How do we replace? Our best bet is Dozzell to be ready to play the role next year. The other option will be if Williams can come back and stay fit. His injuries have i suspect made him affordable. Id take the gamble if he plays rest of season when back. I know most wont agree but if we are to compete in this league we need a bit if luck getting someone like Williams who without his injuries would himself probably be a £5 million man.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Lawrence Value? on 17:19 - Jan 14 with 2172 viewsTractorWood

Double every value mentioned.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lawrence Value? on 17:21 - Jan 14 with 2152 viewsANNA3ROA

Leicester could recall him now? Reason I do not like the loan market..
Lawrence Value? on 17:23 - Jan 14 with 2136 viewsTractorWood

Lawrence Value? on 17:21 - Jan 14 by ANNA3ROA

Fair enough but we profited from it the last couple of years with Lawrence and Fraser.

Lawrence Value? on 17:25 - Jan 14 with 2111 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

They can't

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lawrence Value? on 17:31 - Jan 14 with 2040 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Lawrence Value? on 17:19 - Jan 14 by TractorWood

Double every value mentioned.

Sounds too high. If he carries on as he is though....

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Lawrence Value? on 17:33 - Jan 14 with 2018 viewsTractorWood

Lawrence Value? on 17:31 - Jan 14 by Terry_Nutkins

Sounds too high. If he carries on as he is though....

Look at recent transfers of promising talent. Everton have just signed Ademola Lookman for £11m from Charlton.

Leicester don't need the money and he looks the gravy, why would they take peanuts for him.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 17:36]

Lawrence Value? on 18:46 - Jan 14 with 1804 viewsmikeybloo88

Lawrence Value? on 17:33 - Jan 14 by TractorWood

Look at recent transfers of promising talent. Everton have just signed Ademola Lookman for £11m from Charlton.

Leicester don't need the money and he looks the gravy, why would they take peanuts for him.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 17:36]

At the level they thought they'd be playing at this season, he's not good enough for them. However, at the level they've come back down to and may be playing at next season, and with a good chance Mahrez and Vardy may leave, they may just keep him.
Lawrence Value? on 18:48 - Jan 14 with 1783 viewsJ2BLUE

No they can't. He's here for the season with no recall clause.

I'll try and find Phil's story which says that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Lawrence Value? on 18:52 - Jan 14 with 1757 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lawrence Value? on 18:48 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

I thought he could go on agreement with all 3 parties... player/Leicester/Ipswich?

If so, Leicester only need receive a nice offer, players head will turn and both those parties put pressure on Ipswich who always buckle when players want out.

Poll: W or W

Lawrence Value? on 18:53 - Jan 14 with 1748 viewstaximan

Lawrence Value? on 17:23 - Jan 14 by TractorWood

Fair enough but we profited from it the last couple of years with Lawrence and Fraser.

in what way do itfc profit from loans, either short term or season long ?
Lawrence Value? on 18:57 - Jan 14 with 1724 viewsJ2BLUE

Lawrence Value? on 18:52 - Jan 14 by BLUEBEAT

I thought he could go on agreement with all 3 parties... player/Leicester/Ipswich?

If so, Leicester only need receive a nice offer, players head will turn and both those parties put pressure on Ipswich who always buckle when players want out.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30860/mccarthy-lawrence-here-for-the-sea

You're right but you're really looking to be negative there. Not every player is like that and he has a pretty decent shot at being taken seriously by Leicester next season. Like someone said about Webster, another six months impressing with us is unlikely to do his stock any harm.

Truly impaired.

Lawrence Value? on 19:00 - Jan 14 with 1698 viewsJ2BLUE

Lawrence Value? on 18:53 - Jan 14 by taximan

Without Lawrence it seems we'd be screwed?

Loans are not a bad thing if used properly. Murphy served us very well as a loan player before signing permanently.

Truly impaired.

Lawrence Value? on 19:03 - Jan 14 with 1674 viewstaximan

Lawrence Value? on 19:00 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

Without Lawrence it seems we'd be screwed?

Loans are not a bad thing if used properly. Murphy served us very well as a loan player before signing permanently.

loans with a view to a permanent is fine

otherwise i think they are a waste of time
Lawrence Value? on 19:05 - Jan 14 with 1665 viewsTractorWood

Lawrence Value? on 18:53 - Jan 14 by taximan

Google the word profit. It's the second definition.

Lawrence Value? on 19:07 - Jan 14 with 1650 viewsJ2BLUE

Lawrence Value? on 19:03 - Jan 14 by taximan

loans with a view to a permanent is fine

otherwise i think they are a waste of time

Fair enough, I disagree though when we can loan players like Fraser, Gio and Lawrence who are far better than we could ever afford. Loaning a random player who stops a young player progressing is pointless but we can't afford to turn down added quality with our approach.

Truly impaired.

Lawrence Value? on 19:12 - Jan 14 with 1621 viewstaximan

Lawrence Value? on 19:07 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

Fair enough, I disagree though when we can loan players like Fraser, Gio and Lawrence who are far better than we could ever afford. Loaning a random player who stops a young player progressing is pointless but we can't afford to turn down added quality with our approach.

much prefer to see longer term planning

hopefully giving emmannuel, kenlock, dozzell plenty of playing time this season is the start of some longer term stuff from itfc
Lawrence Value? on 19:26 - Jan 14 with 1561 viewsmikeybloo88

He is this season's Fraser
Lawrence Value? on 20:12 - Jan 14 with 1395 viewsWickets

Lawrence Value? on 18:48 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

And Mick said just that in interveiw today.
Lawrence Value? on 20:19 - Jan 14 with 1371 viewsLuk38644

If he carries on in this vein of form, you're looking at about £5mil-£8mil.

That's the price of quality and he's proven he can do it here. If Evans wants a low-risk purchase for big money, Lawrence is the #1 option.

Regarding wages, I don't think that would be a stumbling block considering I know for a fact he loves it here, he's really enjoying it, so I'd like to think we'd be high up his destination list if we had a bid accepted.
Lawrence Value? on 20:20 - Jan 14 with 1359 viewsSuperfrans

We need to enjoy him this season, but then forget him.

The way football is developing at the top level, players like Lawrence (and Fraser and Williams) will be available to loan in from Prem clubs, but they will be too expensive for Championship teams. He'll command £7m, £8m, £10m at current prices, maybe more. Besides, forcing Lawrence to play in the Championship next season would be like keeping a wild tiger in captivity. Let him go. Let him play at the highest level. He's certainly capable.

One thing though - how do the yellow cards accumulate towards suspensions in this division? Lawrence picked up another one today and has had half a dozen or so in his last 8-10 games or so, maybe even worse than that. He needs to cut that out of his game.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Lawrence Value? on 20:23 - Jan 14 with 1345 viewsElderGrizzly

They were trying to sell for £5m in the summer, didn't get a buyer so he came here.

So i'd say at least £5m and wages way beyond out budget.

Enjoy him for the season, like we did Fraser because that's your lot!
Lawrence Value? on 20:28 - Jan 14 with 1324 viewsjas0999

The answer for us is not to bother with loans. Develop our own youngsters and invest sensibly in fees for players with potential from lower leagues. Then, give it two or three seasons for them to gel. Fans would likely accept it if they saw progress and a long term strategy. Loans and cheap freebies like Come and Toure simply aren't it.
Lawrence Value? on 20:35 - Jan 14 with 1290 viewsSuperfrans

Lawrence Value? on 20:23 - Jan 14 by ElderGrizzly

They were trying to sell for £5m in the summer, didn't get a buyer so he came here.

He'll be worth more than that now, given the quality of goals he's scored recently.

I'm resigned to losing him at the end of the season. We should just enjoy him while we can, as you say. It's great we get to see players of his calibre here. My only concern is that, while Fraser and Williams have probably helped lift us from being a position 9 or 10 team, to in and around the play-offs, this season we've needed Lawrence to effectively keep us away from the risk of relegation. That's a concern and suggests the team is going backwards. It means that one of these quality Prem loanees each season is becoming a necessary part of our survival - and what happens if we don't get the right player next season?

Of course, other parts of the team are developing (Dozzell, Emmanuel, Kenlock etc), so maybe that will compensate.

And at least Fraser's progress this season shows and Lawrence's form have shown that we can be a useful part of a quality young player's development. The good thing about that (and Mick is an important part in this) is that clubs will be happy to let us have their precious talents in the future.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Lawrence Value? on 20:39 - Jan 14 with 1265 viewsKeno

Lawrence Value? on 20:20 - Jan 14 by Superfrans

We need to enjoy him this season, but then forget him.

The way football is developing at the top level, players like Lawrence (and Fraser and Williams) will be available to loan in from Prem clubs, but they will be too expensive for Championship teams. He'll command £7m, £8m, £10m at current prices, maybe more. Besides, forcing Lawrence to play in the Championship next season would be like keeping a wild tiger in captivity. Let him go. Let him play at the highest level. He's certainly capable.

One thing though - how do the yellow cards accumulate towards suspensions in this division? Lawrence picked up another one today and has had half a dozen or so in his last 8-10 games or so, maybe even worse than that. He needs to cut that out of his game.

Like we did with Gio?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lawrence Value? on 20:40 - Jan 14 with 1257 viewstaximan

Lawrence Value? on 20:23 - Jan 14 by ElderGrizzly

and then next season, the squad lacks quality again

short term thinking and i hate it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024