Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ironic or what? 23:06 - Jun 4 with 8195 viewsstantheman

So a young Islamic woman on the news says "what these people do not want is integration with British society" whilst wearing full hiyab.
Ironic or what? on 23:09 - Jun 4 with 4047 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what is official British womenwear......?

Edit....is it this?
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Eamonn/media/BIG.jpg.html
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 23:13]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ironic or what? on 23:10 - Jun 4 with 4042 viewsJ2BLUE

So? How does that affect integrating with society? Do we reject her as part of society and give the extremists what they want?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ironic or what? on 23:13 - Jun 4 with 4013 viewsstantheman

Ironic or what? on 23:10 - Jun 4 by J2BLUE

So? How does that affect integrating with society? Do we reject her as part of society and give the extremists what they want?

Of course not but does she not portray what is wrong with what she was trying to put over.
Ironic or what? on 23:13 - Jun 4 with 4009 viewsblue_oyster

At least it saves the effort of having to tell her not to show her face around these parts again.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Ironic or what? on 23:13 - Jun 4 with 4021 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't the hijab part of British society by now? Like a sari, sikh turban or a yarmulke. If not, why not?

Integration works both ways.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ironic or what? on 23:16 - Jun 4 with 3986 viewsMJallday

I can only presume you are watching al jezerra , not john cravens newsround?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Ironic or what? on 23:22 - Jun 4 with 3936 viewsstantheman

Ironic or what? on 23:13 - Jun 4 by Darth_Koont

Isn't the hijab part of British society by now? Like a sari, sikh turban or a yarmulke. If not, why not?

All I am saying it is ironic not wrong.
Ironic or what? on 23:22 - Jun 4 with 3943 viewsRyorry

Have to say I feel uncomfortable with it. Nothing to do with religion or race, but down to totally concealed ID - I'd feel the same if it were white men walking around with balaclavas on.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 23:23]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Ironic or what? on 23:26 - Jun 4 with 3909 viewsGuthrum

Ironic or what? on 23:22 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

Have to say I feel uncomfortable with it. Nothing to do with religion or race, but down to totally concealed ID - I'd feel the same if it were white men walking around with balaclavas on.

The hijab is just a headscarf, leaves the face fully exposed. It's the niqab you're thinking of, with a veil hiding the features.

Useful graphic:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ironic or what? on 23:28 - Jun 4 with 3891 viewsstantheman

Ironic or what? on 23:26 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

The hijab is just a headscarf, leaves the face fully exposed. It's the niqab you're thinking of, with a veil hiding the features.

Useful graphic:

Yep, well done, that is what she was wearing.
Ironic or what? on 23:32 - Jun 4 with 3869 viewsRyorry

Useful graphic:

You obviously didn't see the clip, as it was a niqab that she was wearing.

Ironic or what? on 23:33 - Jun 4 with 3859 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironic or what? on 23:22 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

Do you mean a niqab or a burka? That's another issue - although still one that needs some care rather than assuming it's the same as a man in a balaclava.

Ironic or what? on 23:34 - Jun 4 with 3852 viewsMJallday

Ironic or what? on 23:28 - Jun 4 by stantheman

Yep, well done, that is what she was wearing.

I know its disrespectful, but that last one....

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Ironic or what? on 23:34 - Jun 4 with 3850 viewsimsureazzure

Other rules for women under Islam? Are they part of current British culture?

You are trying too hard now.
Ironic or what? on 23:35 - Jun 4 with 3830 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironic or what? on 23:34 - Jun 4 by imsureazzure

Other rules for women under Islam? Are they part of current British culture?

You are trying too hard now.

?

Ironic or what? on 23:35 - Jun 4 with 3832 viewsstantheman

Ironic or what? on 23:33 - Jun 4 by Darth_Koont

Do you mean a niqab or a burka? That's another issue - although still one that needs some care rather than assuming it's the same as a man in a balaclava.

It was a niqab. Ironic as I said re intergration.
Ironic or what? on 23:36 - Jun 4 with 3820 viewsRyorry

Ironic or what? on 23:33 - Jun 4 by Darth_Koont

It was a burka* that was worn by the woman on the news clip.

I couldn't think of any similar item worn by white people except nuns' habits, which don't fit the bill because they still have their faces on view, therefore I used balaclavas to get the point across.

*Edit for clarification - full length but with a niqab opening for her eyes, so a kind of combination - don't know if that has a different name.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 23:44]

Ironic or what? on 23:40 - Jun 4 with 3794 viewsfactual_blue

Ironic or what? on 23:35 - Jun 4 by stantheman

Why does wearing an item of clothing that has religious significance to the wearer and others of their faith mean they aren't 'integrated'?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 23:42]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ironic or what? on 23:43 - Jun 4 with 3776 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Ironic or what? on 23:35 - Jun 4 by stantheman

Please google the word ironic.

Poll: Best Football Song

Ironic or what? on 23:50 - Jun 4 with 3733 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironic or what? on 23:36 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

It was a burka* that was worn by the woman on the news clip.

I couldn't think of any similar item worn by white people except nuns' habits, which don't fit the bill because they still have their faces on view, therefore I used balaclavas to get the point across.

*Edit for clarification - full length but with a niqab opening for her eyes, so a kind of combination - don't know if that has a different name.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 23:44]

I have issues with the niqab and burka if there is evidence that it's not a free choice. But if it's inherently their choice then I don't see a problem. In this country, we give people the freedom to obscure their features as they wish.

Ironic or what? on 23:55 - Jun 4 with 3714 viewsvapour_trail

Useful graphic:

All four are on show in tooting where I spent a good few years. I found the niqab pretty uncomfortable to begin with, but through having to interact at nursery and school, got used to it. Eye contact is quite intense.

Never liked talking to anyone with a burka, albeit there were very few of those around.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Ironic or what? on 00:07 - Jun 5 with 3670 viewsRyorry

Ironic or what? on 23:50 - Jun 4 by Darth_Koont

I have issues with the niqab and burka if there is evidence that it's not a free choice. But if it's inherently their choice then I don't see a problem. In this country, we give people the freedom to obscure their features as they wish.

Bikers aren't forced to remove their helmets except in banks etc of course - doesn't make me feel any more comfortable where they keep them on, but in practice most don't, or only do so for very short periods of time.

Paul Nuttall & QT audience have just started discussing this btw - according to him, Germany, Belgium, Austria are about to ban the burka/niqab, and France already have.

Ironic or what? on 00:53 - Jun 5 with 3589 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ironic or what? on 23:55 - Jun 4 by vapour_trail

All four are on show in tooting where I spent a good few years. I found the niqab pretty uncomfortable to begin with, but through having to interact at nursery and school, got used to it. Eye contact is quite intense.

Never liked talking to anyone with a burka, albeit there were very few of those around.

Is the Burkha actually see through or is It more like a blindfold?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ironic or what? on 01:13 - Jun 5 with 3571 viewsGuthrum

Ironic or what? on 23:32 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

You obviously didn't see the clip, as it was a niqab that she was wearing.

No, I just went by the OP's description.

And was being pedantic about terminology.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ironic or what? on 03:08 - Jun 5 with 3524 viewscaught-in-limbo

People keep saying "it's what the extremists want", but I've ever heard an extremist say anything of the sort.

Generally, they shout Allahu Akbar and then get shot dead or kill themselves. One of the Woolwich attackers, a very polite man with a London accent, found time to give a full interview, but said his actions were as a result of British intervention overseas.

It's a bit like when George Bush told the world that the 911 attackers were jealous of our freedoms, and that we shouldn't allow them to change our freedoms. Then the Patriot Act was introduced which had a massive impact on America's freedoms.

I think if we're to defeat this evil ideology, it's important to know as much about them as possible rather than just parroting stuff that was thrown into the echo chamber.

Have I missed a statement from ISIS declaring what they want?

[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 3:13]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024