Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like 17:09 - Aug 3 with 3260 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"we know we didn’t play a lot of entertaining football last season.
We are trying to change that and we need the fans behind us."

And then in the very next sentence....

"We need to get back to the season before when Portman Road was a fortress. It was always hard for teams to come here and get something out of the game."

Now if we can play entertaining football AND get back to having a fortress at home then well done us, but knowing both how stubborn Mick is and his preferred style over the last few years, I really do fear that by late October we will be back to a more pragmatic style of football, built on defence first.

I hope not, but we've been here before.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 17:20 - Aug 3 with 3212 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm sure we'd all take the fortress to be fair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 17:22 - Aug 3 with 3210 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 17:20 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

I'm sure we'd all take the fortress to be fair.

I'm not sure we would If it meant a return to the turgid stuff.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 17:24 - Aug 3 with 3198 viewsJ2BLUE

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 17:22 - Aug 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Even if it was the miracle season we need to go up?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 18:16 - Aug 3 with 3132 viewschislehurstblue

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 17:24 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

Even if it was the miracle season we need to go up?

you need to understand that our fans is unrealistic.

They want free flowing football, quality players, promotion all on very little out lay.

I can only assume in their lives they all live the champagne lifestyle on lemonade money!!

MMs remit from the owner is to keep us in this division. Why is that so hard to understand??

Gone are the days when we were a side that used to start the season with promotion or play off hopes - now our fans must understand that its about staying in this league.

The issue is that our fans live in the past. Things change and move on. Its time our fans got their head out of their bottoms and looked at the bigger picture - Our owner wont and cant compete
Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 19:27 - Aug 3 with 3068 viewssundaze

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 18:16 - Aug 3 by chislehurstblue

you need to understand that our fans is unrealistic.

They want free flowing football, quality players, promotion all on very little out lay.

I can only assume in their lives they all live the champagne lifestyle on lemonade money!!

MMs remit from the owner is to keep us in this division. Why is that so hard to understand??

Gone are the days when we were a side that used to start the season with promotion or play off hopes - now our fans must understand that its about staying in this league.

The issue is that our fans live in the past. Things change and move on. Its time our fans got their head out of their bottoms and looked at the bigger picture - Our owner wont and cant compete

So the fans are expected to watch a team play negative football, while at the same time they must understand that it is never going to get any better and the total sum of our ambition is to stay in this league forever. I believe you do a disservice to the many fans who pay hard earned money each week to travel and watch their team.You think they have no right to expect entertaining football, what do they deserve for their loyalty, the dismal thought of never getting out of this endless groundhog day?
At the end you say we have an owner who wont and can't compete, you were half correct, he wont compete, perhaps you have had your head up your own backside for too long and it has got stuck.
Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 19:33 - Aug 3 with 3052 viewsjas0999

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 19:27 - Aug 3 by sundaze

So the fans are expected to watch a team play negative football, while at the same time they must understand that it is never going to get any better and the total sum of our ambition is to stay in this league forever. I believe you do a disservice to the many fans who pay hard earned money each week to travel and watch their team.You think they have no right to expect entertaining football, what do they deserve for their loyalty, the dismal thought of never getting out of this endless groundhog day?
At the end you say we have an owner who wont and can't compete, you were half correct, he wont compete, perhaps you have had your head up your own backside for too long and it has got stuck.

Not really. Several thousand refused to renew season tickets as they really don't want to watch boring negative football.
Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 20:32 - Aug 3 with 2961 viewsWicklowBlue

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 17:22 - Aug 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

If we were winning games I wouldnt care about the style we played.
Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 20:49 - Aug 3 with 2936 viewsPJH

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 20:32 - Aug 3 by WicklowBlue

If we were winning games I wouldnt care about the style we played.

I cannot understand why anyone should be bothered how their team is winning if they are winning.
Login to get fewer ads

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 20:59 - Aug 3 with 2916 viewspointofblue

I was about to say something akin to this - what's the end game to this treading water?Waiting to get tired of simply keeping our heads above water and eventually drowning, resulting in relegation? Hoping to pull off a minor miracle and finishing in the top six? If it's for Mick to see his contract out with dignity, stabilsing us in the process, then bringing in a new young manager with a vision and more funds then... fair play to them, at least there's a plan in place.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 06:43 - Aug 4 with 2811 viewschislehurstblue

ME doesn't care about the fans that's obvious isn't it??

The club has one aim - stay in the division by any means possible. That means defence first and try not to be beaten and nick games.

Just because you want something difference doesn't mean the club will listen

Your comments are everything that's wrong with the modern day football fan - I pay my money so entertain me!

If you want entertainment I suggest you go and watch another team or spend your Saturdays doing something else. We are on for another season of survival football.
Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 06:51 - Aug 4 with 2803 viewschislehurstblue

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 20:59 - Aug 3 by pointofblue

I was about to say something akin to this - what's the end game to this treading water?Waiting to get tired of simply keeping our heads above water and eventually drowning, resulting in relegation? Hoping to pull off a minor miracle and finishing in the top six? If it's for Mick to see his contract out with dignity, stabilsing us in the process, then bringing in a new young manager with a vision and more funds then... fair play to them, at least there's a plan in place.

You have to understand that the clubs amibitions have changed. Football has changed - can't people see that?!!

We aren't going to get promoted back into the PL, unless football or the budget changes. Simple

We are now a club that has similar amibitions to teams like Barnsley, QPR, Preston, Millwall etc. The aim is stay up, spend very little and every couple of seasons sell our best player/s to try to help balance the books.

I really struggle with why fans refuse to accept it and go on about we deserve better and we should be playing this type of football because we deserved to be entertained.

Who honestly believes we the squad we have that's it's top 6 or even top half?? We have spent money to insure survival.
Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 07:09 - Aug 4 with 2781 viewsSomethingBlue

Why is it hard?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 07:44 - Aug 4 with 2754 viewsPlums

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 06:51 - Aug 4 by chislehurstblue

You have to understand that the clubs amibitions have changed. Football has changed - can't people see that?!!

We aren't going to get promoted back into the PL, unless football or the budget changes. Simple

We are now a club that has similar amibitions to teams like Barnsley, QPR, Preston, Millwall etc. The aim is stay up, spend very little and every couple of seasons sell our best player/s to try to help balance the books.

I really struggle with why fans refuse to accept it and go on about we deserve better and we should be playing this type of football because we deserved to be entertained.

Who honestly believes we the squad we have that's it's top 6 or even top half?? We have spent money to insure survival.

You're doing a lot of fans a disservice here. There is a huge difference between understanding our position and accepting it. Much of what you say is true but there is no way I will accept that the only way to play football is the MM way, even on a small transfer (not wage) budget. Fo me, supporting my club isn't just about the result, that's about supporting the team on the day but I want the best for the club too - long term. Is that wrong?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 07:46 - Aug 4 with 2751 viewsHerbivore

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 19:33 - Aug 3 by jas0999

Not really. Several thousand refused to renew season tickets as they really don't want to watch boring negative football.

Several thousand? Isn't it more like two thousand?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 08:04 - Aug 4 with 2736 viewschislehurstblue

Not Barts fault but Its hard reading lines like on 07:44 - Aug 4 by Plums

You're doing a lot of fans a disservice here. There is a huge difference between understanding our position and accepting it. Much of what you say is true but there is no way I will accept that the only way to play football is the MM way, even on a small transfer (not wage) budget. Fo me, supporting my club isn't just about the result, that's about supporting the team on the day but I want the best for the club too - long term. Is that wrong?

I too want the best for the club and at the moment thats to survive in this division.

We have to be realistic on what we can achieve with the players we have currently, the level of investment and what ME wants with the club.

At the moment it appears that the fans are frustrated as we have fallen as a club from promotion prospects to survival. But some of the fans are acting like brats suggesting we have some right to be successful, play good football etc.

MM works within a tiny budget and whilst results have been indifferent he has kept us up and we have had a season where we finished 6th.

Its clear the little money we have spent this year is to help with survival rather than challenge the top 6th or even half. We are hoping that players keep fit and one of the kids steps up.

We are a selling club with one ambition - stay in this league.

Long term we need a new owner as nothing changes without that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024