Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today 17:17 - Jan 13 with 4619 viewsElderGrizzly

Understandably rusty, but two excellent saves today when required..

Which after yesterday’s sniping from Libero, almost wishing a mistake on him, is even more pleasing :)

Bart still clearly our No.1, but a more than able deputy
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 17:28 - Jan 13 with 4583 viewschristiand

Yep, I have to agree Elder Grizzly. I thought his save in the first few minutes of second half where he smothered a bouncing ball was very good and obviously where he pushed one out in the dying minutes was key too maintaining that clean sheet. Never easy to come and play well after being out for so long and obviously he has been nursing that hip injury recently too.

He still doesn't fill me with the greatest of confidence, but he did what he had to do today.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 17:30 - Jan 13 with 4575 viewsRIPbobby

Plenty good enough keeper. I wonder if there is going to be an announcement today or Monday?
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 17:31 - Jan 13 with 4573 viewsclive_baker

Bit harsh, I don’t recall Libby wishing a mistake on him. He just expressed an opinion that a lot of us disagreed with. It’s allowed.

I’m chuffed for Gerks, good lad and a solid keeper who’s rarely put a foot wrong for us and when dropped for Bart has got on with the job and remained a model pro. There’s a lot of things wrong with the club right now but Gerks isn’t one them. Delighted for him and us today.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 17:32]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 17:33 - Jan 13 with 4557 viewsIllinoisblue

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 17:31 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

Bit harsh, I don’t recall Libby wishing a mistake on him. He just expressed an opinion that a lot of us disagreed with. It’s allowed.

I’m chuffed for Gerks, good lad and a solid keeper who’s rarely put a foot wrong for us and when dropped for Bart has got on with the job and remained a model pro. There’s a lot of things wrong with the club right now but Gerks isn’t one them. Delighted for him and us today.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 17:32]

He was excessive in his disdain toward Gerken

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 17:44 - Jan 13 with 4523 viewsclive_baker

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 17:33 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

He was excessive in his disdain toward Gerken

Don’t disagree with you. As I said many of us disagreed with him but I didn’t see him wishing a mistake on him? Unless I missed something?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 19:03 - Jan 13 with 4453 viewsElderGrizzly

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 17:44 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

Don’t disagree with you. As I said many of us disagreed with him but I didn’t see him wishing a mistake on him? Unless I missed something?

This was it:

“I'll look forward to bringing this up when he runs off his line and inevitably gives away an absolute clanger.

Please feel free to remind me when he produces a match winning performance, I will humbly eat my words and hope for more of the same.”
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 20:04 - Jan 13 with 4410 viewsPJH

Gerks did very well apart from a nervy looking punch in the first half.
Very pleased for him and us.
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 20:09 - Jan 13 with 4393 viewsSteve_M

Yes, he got better as the game went on. One 'bad superman' early on apart. That could have been awful.

Still the Leeds keeper got a free kick for being impeded by the ball as he caught it stuns half...

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 09:45 - Jan 14 with 4273 viewstractorboy1978

He did well enough, his kicking was terrible though - barely made the half way line.
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 09:46 - Jan 14 with 4267 viewschristiand

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 09:45 - Jan 14 by tractorboy1978

He did well enough, his kicking was terrible though - barely made the half way line.

I was wondering whether that was due to his hip injury?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 09:47 - Jan 14 with 4264 viewstractorboy1978

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 09:46 - Jan 14 by christiand

I was wondering whether that was due to his hip injury?

Probably, I'd forgotten about that.
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 12:08 - Jan 14 with 4197 viewsHerbivore

One unconvincing punch aside he had a good game. Couple of good saves and his handling was good generally, we didn't really feel Bart's absence which is a credit to Gerks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 12:13 - Jan 14 with 4190 viewsJ2BLUE

It's almost like he's a decent Championship keeper.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 12:39 - Jan 14 with 4168 viewsPJH

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 12:13 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

It's almost like he's a decent Championship keeper.

He probably is a decent Championship keeper but not helped by the fact that our first choice keeper is a very good Championship keeper so he suffers in comparison.
Apart from the nervy punch first half he did well yesterday.
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 13:50 - Jan 14 with 4133 viewsBrixtonBlue

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 19:03 - Jan 13 by ElderGrizzly

This was it:

“I'll look forward to bringing this up when he runs off his line and inevitably gives away an absolute clanger.

Please feel free to remind me when he produces a match winning performance, I will humbly eat my words and hope for more of the same.”

The only absolute clanger here seems to be from Libby. Not seen him humbly eating his words though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 13:51 - Jan 14 with 4132 viewsunbelievablue

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 19:03 - Jan 13 by ElderGrizzly

This was it:

That's not wishing anything though is it?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 18:26 - Jan 14 with 4042 viewsthatdamgood89

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 13:51 - Jan 14 by unbelievablue

Your typical number 2 keeper...can come in and play adequately enough for a game or two when required due to injury but over the course of a 46 game season he simply isn’t good enough. A good keeper wins you at least 10 points in a season. Gerks doesn’t and would probably cost us a good few over 46.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 18:29 - Jan 14 with 4036 viewsPhilTWTD

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 12:39 - Jan 14 by PJH

He probably is a decent Championship keeper but not helped by the fact that our first choice keeper is a very good Championship keeper so he suffers in comparison.
Apart from the nervy punch first half he did well yesterday.

Think he's been treated very harshly by fans here. Bart is certainly a better keeper but Gerken's decent enough at this level and we've had a lot worse.
Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 18:33 - Jan 14 with 4026 viewsBackToRussia

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 13:51 - Jan 14 by unbelievablue

Looking forward to something that's not guaranteed to happen... . pretty much the definition of a wish.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 18:37 - Jan 14 with 4018 viewswarkthisway

Why "pleased" the bloke has been paid for months and months for doing nothing then he has 2 shots to save all game---His kicking was pathetic you would have thought he had plenty of time to practice that!

bentnkuqi

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 18:46 - Jan 14 with 4007 viewsRyorry

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 18:37 - Jan 14 by warkthisway

Why "pleased" the bloke has been paid for months and months for doing nothing then he has 2 shots to save all game---His kicking was pathetic you would have thought he had plenty of time to practice that!

Can you not read? - 10 posts above, Christiand's post - "I was wondering whether that was due to his hip injury?"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pleased to see Gerken keep a clean sheet today on 19:10 - Jan 14 with 3969 viewsbraveblue

Flaps at crosses though and always has. Does not command box. As number 1 just not good enough. Proved it often.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024