Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager 10:42 - Jan 15 with 2965 viewsstickymockwell

The other day whilst at a family function there was a bored lad kicking the ball around outside. I was equally bored so we kicked the ball to each other. He was amazing! He could kick it really hard, trap it, dribbles and does keepy uppies. I spoke to his mum to say how impressed I was, and he doesn't even go to a club. She just said that she's a single mum who struggles to do anything let alone go through the football thing.
I just thought to myself that the lad should go and get trained and be involved in a team of some sort, but I also haven't got the time to help out.
Is there any help/ support for this kind of thing around Ipswich or is he still just to young?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 10:43]

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:15 - Jan 15 with 2875 viewsHeathlander

Ipswich Valley rangers do a tiny tots training session at Suffolk One. their website should have details.

Also at Copleston School on a Saturday morning there is a coaching session for little'uns. I took my lad there when he was about four or five. Run by Goldie, not and Jubbsy. Think that is still going.
What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:28 - Jan 15 with 2832 viewshoppy

Are you related to Jay Tabb?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:42 - Jan 15 with 2775 viewsgerard1947

My youngest grandson is 7 yo he's a decent little footballer. He joined his village team when he was 5, he was quickly spotted both Norwich (sadly) and Cambridge United. He's currently in Cambridge's shadow academy, he wouldn't wear a scum shirt he said. He does other sports, he's particularly good at golf, he hits the ball so sweetly and will outdrive me in a couple of years, he's straighter already.

This isn't cheap, golf coaching especially, luckily grandad funds all his grandchildren's sports.
What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:46 - Jan 15 with 2756 viewsBlue_Order

I'm starting my 3 year old at a club called Football Fun Factory next week, in Red Lodge. I think I'm more excited than he is.
What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:48 - Jan 15 with 2753 viewsSuperfrans

I'd let the club know. They will have ways of getting him involved, without throwing him into competitive stuff too early.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:56 - Jan 15 with 2712 viewsITFC_Forever

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:46 - Jan 15 by Blue_Order

I'm starting my 3 year old at a club called Football Fun Factory next week, in Red Lodge. I think I'm more excited than he is.

I speed-read your post and missed the word "fun".

I thought you were enrolling him in a pwopa naughty school, where the school uniform is Stone Island.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 12:05 - Jan 15 with 2671 viewsGeoffSentence

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:28 - Jan 15 by hoppy

Are you related to Jay Tabb?

Is he sure that this '4 year old' wasn't actually little Jay Tabb?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 12:16 - Jan 15 with 2626 viewsBlue_Order

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:56 - Jan 15 by ITFC_Forever

I speed-read your post and missed the word "fun".

I thought you were enrolling him in a pwopa naughty school, where the school uniform is Stone Island.

Haha. I asked my girlfriend to find a club and she said it was called the football factory. I said the same thing - "will I have to get him a stone island jacket?"

She didn't get it.
Login to get fewer ads

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 13:12 - Jan 15 with 2457 viewshoppy

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 12:05 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

Is essentially what I was asking, yes. Thank you for the clarification.

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 13:16 - Jan 15 with 2425 viewsm14_blue

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 12:05 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

I never saw Jay Tabb trap a ball.........
What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 13:16 - Jan 15 with 2425 viewshype313

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:48 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

I'd let the club know. They will have ways of getting him involved, without throwing him into competitive stuff too early.

He'll get injured after a week and be out for the foreseeable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 13:43 - Jan 15 with 2348 viewshoppy

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 13:16 - Jan 15 by hype313

He'll get injured after a week and be out for the foreseeable.

More likely to get a permanent deal at that point then...

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager (n/t) on 13:52 - Jan 15 with 2320 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 11:46 - Jan 15 by Blue_Order

[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 13:52]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 13:52 - Jan 15 with 2315 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whats the hurry??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What would you do if you saw a 4 year old playing football like a teenager on 14:00 - Jan 15 with 2293 viewsJimmyJazz

Keep showing an interest in the kid's football future and then start dating the single mum. Hollywood has this kind of thing happening all the time

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024