Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unpopular opinion incoming 16:52 - Feb 15 with 4993 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I would quite like to see Adam Webster play in defensive midfield. I know players playing out of position is frustrating but he has all the qualities to play there. Strong, good in the air, can pass a ball, can carry the ball and he can protect that back line well. Reckon he could stop Maddison playing.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:45 - Feb 15 with 4899 viewsWickets

I suggested the same thing on here 18months ago!
Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:48 - Feb 15 with 4893 viewsIllinoisblue

in place of Skuse?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:49 - Feb 15 with 4892 viewsSWGF

We already have two defensive midfielders in there. How many do we need?!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:54 - Feb 15 with 4879 viewsCoastalblue

I agree, not sure this would be the right game as I don't know how much he's played there, but I do think given game time it could become his best position, he's certainly got most of the attributes for it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Unpopular opinion incoming on 18:14 - Feb 15 with 4848 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:49 - Feb 15 by SWGF

We already have two defensive midfielders in there. How many do we need?!

Well maybe not now but going forward
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 18:15]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Unpopular opinion incoming on 18:26 - Feb 15 with 4810 viewsBlueBadger

Unpopular opinion incoming on 18:14 - Feb 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

We play all those defensive midfielders, the last thing we'll be doing is 'going forward'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Unpopular opinion incoming on 18:45 - Feb 15 with 4794 viewsCoastalblue

Unpopular opinion incoming on 18:26 - Feb 15 by BlueBadger

We play all those defensive midfielders, the last thing we'll be doing is 'going forward'...

Try telling that to Roy Keane, I bet you get a meaty stare and a glance at your forearms.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Unpopular opinion incoming on 19:35 - Feb 15 with 4730 viewstextbackup

I Miss the footballer we purchased with him, he’s slowly become Berra, unable to play those nice passes as he’s instructed otherwise.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Unpopular opinion incoming on 20:14 - Feb 15 with 4679 viewsbluebare

Hyam to play and repeat his Judge ment day tackle maybe? I'd like to see the back 3 played with Sears and Ward as wingbacks.
Unpopular opinion incoming on 20:17 - Feb 15 with 4669 viewsWD19

Unpopular opinion incoming on 18:14 - Feb 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

We already have so many that Downes has to go out on loan to get a kick. If Mick (or his replacement) shove Webster into midfield at the expense of Downes next season they need lynching.
Unpopular opinion incoming on 20:31 - Feb 15 with 4632 viewsblueislander

Unpopular opinion incoming on 20:17 - Feb 15 by WD19

We already have so many that Downes has to go out on loan to get a kick. If Mick (or his replacement) shove Webster into midfield at the expense of Downes next season they need lynching.

I think he could be effective in centre midfield, but so much better as a central defender capable of carrying the ball out of defence and engaging the opposition's midfield. Of course McCarthy won'tencourage him to do that, so he will lose his confidence to do so.
Unpopular opinion incoming on 20:34 - Feb 15 with 4627 viewsjas0999

More defensiveness in the midfield? Should we play a CB up front as well?
Unpopular opinion incoming on 21:10 - Feb 15 with 4584 viewslazyblue

Play him at the back with chambers and let him start bringing the back out of defence again, It makes all the difference to how we play.
Unpopular opinion incoming on 22:44 - Feb 15 with 4495 viewsOsborneOneNil

Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:48 - Feb 15 by Illinoisblue

in place of Skuse?

Yes. Far better footballer.
Unpopular opinion incoming on 02:37 - Feb 16 with 4421 viewsharlingblue

Agree about Webster playing defensive midfield, but I have line-up that might surprise a few?
Bart
Skuse, Chambers, VC, Knudsen
Webster, Connolly
Waghorn, McGoldrick, Celina
Garner
It won't be picked by MM, he will have Ward and Sears in the team (for work rate but nothing more). Skuse does not lack pace and could do far more in this roll than Spence who seems to switch off at vital times. Attack from the onset, get in their faces, subdue their supporters, sit back for a draw and we are doomed. Any thoughts?
Unpopular opinion incoming on 07:24 - Feb 16 with 4371 viewsChocorange

Unpopular opinion incoming on 02:37 - Feb 16 by harlingblue

Agree about Webster playing defensive midfield, but I have line-up that might surprise a few?
Bart
Webster, Connolly
Garner
It won't be picked by MM, he will have Ward and Sears in the team (for work rate but nothing more). Skuse does not lack pace and could do far more in this roll than Spence who seems to switch off at vital times. Attack from the onset, get in their faces, subdue their supporters, sit back for a draw and we are doomed. Any thoughts?

I believe Webster played in front of the back 4 at Bramall Lane this season. Did ok, was there to stifle their formation or man mark.
Unpopular opinion incoming on 07:29 - Feb 16 with 4368 viewsBluefish

Mick won't see this mate, he will just continue to play round pegs in square holes.....

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Unpopular opinion incoming on 07:30 - Feb 16 with 4368 viewschristiand

Unpopular opinion incoming on 02:37 - Feb 16 by harlingblue

Bart
Webster, Connolly
Garner

This will be the team Harlingblue:

Bart
Spence, Chambers, CCV, Knudsen
Skuse, Connolly
Sears, Waghorn, Ward
Garner

I can understand why he’ll select Sears and Ward for this match, he needs them to work the flanks both defensively and in attack. I think back to our last encounter with them and Spence was getting exposed time and again.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Unpopular opinion incoming on 16:57 - Feb 16 with 4230 viewsbluebare

Unpopular opinion incoming on 07:30 - Feb 16 by christiand

This will be the team Harlingblue:

Bart
Spence, Chambers, CCV, Knudsen
Skuse, Connolly
Sears, Waghorn, Ward
Garner

I can understand why he’ll select Sears and Ward for this match, he needs them to work the flanks both defensively and in attack. I think back to our last encounter with them and Spence was getting exposed time and again.

Be inventive try this

Bart
CCV Webster Chambers
Ward. Sears
Skews Connely
Waghorn. Celina
Garner
Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:06 - Feb 16 with 4210 viewsNo9

Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:48 - Feb 15 by Illinoisblue

in place of Skuse?

Yes, have an upper
Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:09 - Feb 16 with 4204 viewsNo9

Yes, ASAP. When MM moved him into MF to shore them up (after 1/2t) a while ago it seemed to work.
I'm not so keen on him as a CB
Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:10 - Feb 16 with 4204 viewsPilgrimblue

Unpopular opinion incoming on 16:57 - Feb 16 by bluebare

Be inventive try this

Bart
CCV Webster Chambers
Ward. Sears
Skews Connely
Waghorn. Celina
Garner

Not sure about that as it looks like 721, still might get a draw.

In the past MM has tried to upset their style by close marking and hoofing. It didn't work but not sure he's capable of changing. Something needs to give otherwise it'll be same as before.
Unpopular opinion incoming on 18:13 - Feb 16 with 4173 viewsbluebare

Unpopular opinion incoming on 17:10 - Feb 16 by Pilgrimblue

Not sure about that as it looks like 721, still might get a draw.

In the past MM has tried to upset their style by close marking and hoofing. It didn't work but not sure he's capable of changing. Something needs to give otherwise it'll be same as before.

Its ward and sears as wingbacks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024