Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season 12:24 - Feb 19 with 2889 viewsBluefish

It pains me to say it but it is time for mcgoldrick to move on. He has been a joy to see in a town shirt and his signed shirt will stay on the wall in my house and i will continue to drink from my mcgoldrick mug.

Hyam also needs to go, he looked miles off the standard.

Happy to keep skuse, he reads it so well and wins so much. The bloke is class at this level.

We desperately need to find consistency and fitness from ward, Downes, bishop, Huws, Dozzell, nydam and Adeyemi and we have a midfield full of talent albeit one that is more suited to 3 in the middle. I would keep bishop if possible, he is a gamble worth taking, just like bowditch was even if it didn't pay off.

At the back chambo and Webster will be good as a 3 and Spence and Jonas can fill in too. Would love to keep ccv for the season, he looks quality.

Iorfa can go back and let Spence and emmanuel fight for rwb/rb. Will kenlock kick on again from bits I've seen of him off the pitch I question his attitude, he has shown glimpses of talent but not consistency.

This leave forwards and wide players. I notice Rowe is injured again but will he kick on? Will we pick another season long loan gem? Can drinan kick on or does need another forward? I think we all agree Sears is done.

Who else? I really believe that the foundations are there for a talented squad

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Next season on 12:29 - Feb 19 with 2857 viewsReuser_is_God

I’d like to see us get a winger or two in permanently who are 1st team ready straight away.

Wouldn’t disagree at all with any of your assessments but I do wonder if we will sign a new RB.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Next season on 12:30 - Feb 19 with 2848 viewsCurrie10

Next season on 12:29 - Feb 19 by Reuser_is_God

I’d like to see us get a winger or two in permanently who are 1st team ready straight away.

Wouldn’t disagree at all with any of your assessments but I do wonder if we will sign a new RB.

Would Emmanuel be ready to rumble one wonders?
Next season on 12:32 - Feb 19 with 2826 viewsReuser_is_God

Next season on 12:30 - Feb 19 by Currie10

Would Emmanuel be ready to rumble one wonders?

Hopefully but I don’t think Mick particularly rates him.

It’s certainly an area of the team that we could do with improving.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Next season on 12:32 - Feb 19 with 2822 viewshype313

McGoldrick is out of contract at the end of the season, so he will be off for one last contract somewhere before he hangs up his injuries.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Next season on 12:34 - Feb 19 with 2814 viewsBluefish

Next season on 12:32 - Feb 19 by Reuser_is_God

He is playing 90 minutes every week at Rotherham so I would say he has a chance. I think Mick wasn't a fan of his positioning and concentration but hopefully thebloan has helped. I really believe it was the right thing to do long term.

Next season on 13:22 - Feb 19 with 2709 viewsRobTheMonk

We actually have a pretty decent midfield... going into next season. And if they can all stay fit...
Next season on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 2686 viewschicoazul

I dont know if the foundations *are* there really because there are so many ifs and buts in your post. I agree that we have some good players BUT we just cannot for whatever reason get a first choice fit 18 or so available especially in midfield. Waghorn has dried up, Garner is hit and miss, and as you say with no Didz we lack a third striker.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next season on 13:33 - Feb 19 with 2664 viewsGlasgowBlue

Next season on 13:29 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

I dont know if the foundations *are* there really because there are so many ifs and buts in your post. I agree that we have some good players BUT we just cannot for whatever reason get a first choice fit 18 or so available especially in midfield. Waghorn has dried up, Garner is hit and miss, and as you say with no Didz we lack a third striker.

We should put a bid in for Kieffer Moore.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Next season on 18:50 - Feb 19 with 2528 viewsstrikalite

Next season on 13:33 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

We should put a bid in for Kieffer Moore.

He would have been handy to come on for Garner yesterday...
Next season on 19:04 - Feb 19 with 2495 viewsbackwaywhen

Next season on 12:32 - Feb 19 by Reuser_is_God

You really think Mick will be here to make a call on Emmanuel ! ......I wonder .
Next season on 19:07 - Feb 19 with 2486 viewslongtimefan

Next season on 18:50 - Feb 19 by strikalite

He would have been handy to come on for Garner yesterday...

Is that the Kieffer Moore with zero goals in 5 appearances for Barnsley?
Next season on 19:07 - Feb 19 with 2486 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Definitely need 1 if not 2 strikers.

Yesterday showed that we have no Plan B once Garner goes off

Poll: Our final position

Next season on 19:14 - Feb 19 with 2472 viewshampstead_blue

Our squad is as good as it's been for a long time.

The problem MM has had is injuries. Who would have thought we would need to sign another cm in January with the volume we had at the start of the season.

MM has been very unlucky indeed.

I agree about DM. He looked as if he was carry a few extra pounds. He's not quick on a quick day but he did look a tad heavy. He needs to move on.

Hyam - can do a job but will only be a lower champ player. Would do well at league 1. Maybe needs a league 1 club to offer him a deal and regular football.

Skuse is doing much better because of the Everton lad (name escapes me, very tired). He's a very, very good player. Wish we could sign him! Skuse needs a good buddy in there with him.

Spence is decent. Probably as good as we can afford but a sexy and cool rb would be great. The fact that he and Knudsen can play cb is reassuring and very useful.

Wingers are like gold dust and I'd imagine us going to the Prem again for a youngster. Not sure we can afford a top champ winger.

I love the Waghorn and Garner partnership if Waghorn can play alongside him.

We will need to replace Bart. I would imagine that he signed with the promise he can go if a good offer came in.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Next season on 19:20 - Feb 19 with 2451 viewsstrikalite

Next season on 19:07 - Feb 19 by longtimefan

Is that the Kieffer Moore with zero goals in 5 appearances for Barnsley?

We have nothing to replace Garner in terms of a target, he'd have done a job imo..,just needed someone to come on and hold the ball..
Next season on 19:25 - Feb 19 with 2429 viewsBluefish

Next season on 19:20 - Feb 19 by strikalite

We have nothing to replace Garner in terms of a target, he'd have done a job imo..,just needed someone to come on and hold the ball..

Waghorn replaces garner and mcgoldrick replaces waghorn. This is obvious.

Sear and drinan are back up

We need more forwards or drinan to step up

Next season on 20:33 - Feb 19 with 2355 viewsSenatorBlue

I'm in the same boat as the OP. It's the foundations and potential in the team that is the main reason for optimism.

Bartoz, Webster, Spence, Knudsen, Huws, Downes, Nydam, Dozzell, Adeyemi, Garner, Waghorn and Ward, supplemented with the leadership/experience of Chambers and Skuse, means this summer we should be adding (upgrades), and not rebuilding as has been the case since Murphy departure/play-off season.

That and, if you look at the league it's looking bang average for next year in all likelihood, when you consider two big spenders should be going up (Wolves, Derby), nothing to fear from those in the PL drop zone (bar Saints), and clubs with spending power like Norwich about to experience serious budget slashes.

Even this year, despite being exceptionally poor on the eye, we're comfortably mid-table. But for a horrendous injury list, we'd probably still be mid-table, but playing a little more progressively like the start of this season.

This is where I get all conflicted...

I'd love to see a Steijn type appointment, a bit of something new/unknown, a project/step up for someone, a style that encourages the above to pass that white round thing to each other. It's a risk though! It's the romance of what could be...

MM would not be a risk however. It's just having to stomach another season of matching up, and cursing the fact we can't pass to each other, and even worse that empty feeling of a completely disenfranchised fan base at war with each other, the owners, the manager.

Which ever way ME wants to take us, it's time for straight talking from the club, tell us as it is, and light a rallying call we can all get behind. A continuation of silence from ME, empty soundbites from Milne, and hanging MM out to face the music, is no longer an option...as fans we don't want to see our club rip itself apart, and disappear into nothingness, so throw us a bone...

PS...we're going to turn Norwich over twice next year...they're there for the taking!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 20:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024