Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny 10:31 - Mar 13 with 12029 viewsFinidiCentenary

1) Larsen Toure's corner. That was quite simply a thing of beauty.

2) Piotr Malarcyk. The Polish Ali Dia.

3) Jon Walters reportedly sending pictures of his diarrhoea to Roy Keane.

4) Most of Ian Milne, especially the turnstiles being painted.

5) Tommy Oar's 'homesickness'.

6) Four centre backs in the back four

7) £1.7m for Tamas Priskin

8) The Leicester snow game continuing simply because we were 3-0 up

9) Blindfolded penalties

10) Cheerleaders doing an acrobatic routine to a brass band playing Christmas Carols

11) 9 defensive players at home against a Rotherham team without an away point all season
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:35]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:34 - Mar 13 with 6401 viewsFtnfwest

Toure throwing his shirt into the away end at Doncaster after 90 minutes, not realising there was extra time. It wasn’t the misunderstanding that made me laugh, it was the fact he thought his performance was so great that he felt he had to do it!
The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:36 - Mar 13 with 6386 viewsSomethingBlue

Dancing around the concourse of Carrow Road like a bunch of vulgar spivvy c6ck ends waving money around and singing "We're fcuking loaded".

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:37 - Mar 13 with 6369 viewsReuser_is_God

The turnstiles was Clegg.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:38 - Mar 13 with 6357 viewsReuser_is_God

All of what you’ve listed isn’t really anything to do with Evans is it?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:41 - Mar 13 with 6362 viewsartsbossbeard

1)Not going into Administration for the second time

2) Not having 10 points deducted for going into administration for the second time

3) Not playing football against Morecombe, Luton or Fleewood.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:54 - Mar 13 with 6307 viewsandyjr

£1.7m for Priskin was worth is for THAT goal against Arsenal

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:00 - Mar 13 with 6283 viewsSWGF

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:41 - Mar 13 by artsbossbeard

2) Not having 10 points deducted for going into administration for the second time

To be fair, his dog5hit managerial appointments almost got us playing football against Morecambe, Luton or Fleetwood without the assistance of a 10pt administration deduction.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:01 - Mar 13 with 6289 viewschicoazul

Every corner Grant Leadbitter ever took.
Carlos Edwards wanting to rub the fans face in it if they win.
7-0 away to Chelsea.
The Lincoln Humiliation.
Lowest league position in a million years, lowest crowd in a million years.
90m debt and ever rising.
Mick generating IEO 15m in fee income and spending less than 3m in the same period.
Keane signing Healy because he felt bad about him missing out on the World Cup.
Lee Martin.

Ranges fans on twitter do a quite funny thing about what they call The Banter Era chronicling their years out of the Scots top league. Evans is our Banter Era.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:01 - Mar 13 with 6272 viewsartsbossbeard

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:00 - Mar 13 by SWGF

To be fair, his dog5hit managerial appointments almost got us playing football against Morecambe, Luton or Fleetwood without the assistance of a 10pt administration deduction.

Sadly, that's true.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:12 - Mar 13 with 6239 viewsFinidiCentenary

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:38 - Mar 13 by Reuser_is_God

All of what you’ve listed isn’t really anything to do with Evans is it?

Apart from being stuff that has all happened under the managers and directors he has appointed.

It's stuff that has happened since Evans took the club over. So I'd say it's got plenty to do with him.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:30 - Mar 13 with 6198 viewsSWGF

Pocketing £3m for Daryl Murphy and signing Leon Best who, five months later, was told he'd never play for the club again.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:34 - Mar 13 with 6176 viewsIllinoisblue

A notorious ticket, er, reseller’s team playing their home games in a stadium that’s barely a third full.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:40 - Mar 13 with 6130 viewsIllinoisblue

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:01 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

7-0 away to Chelsea.
The Lincoln Humiliation.
Mick generating IEO 15m in fee income and spending less than 3m in the same period.
Lee Martin.

Ranges fans on twitter do a quite funny thing about what they call The Banter Era chronicling their years out of the Scots top league. Evans is our Banter Era.

Didn’t we bravely beat off Hartlepool’s 20k bid for Healy with a cheeky 70k bid?

62 - 78 - 81

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:44 - Mar 13 with 6111 viewsJackSted

Don't forget the absolutely fantastic performance away at Peterborough

7-1

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:56 - Mar 13 with 6072 viewsFinidiCentenary

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:40 - Mar 13 by Illinoisblue

Didn’t we bravely beat off Hartlepool’s 20k bid for Healy with a cheeky 70k bid?

I personally think the club were well out of order with Russell Osman as well over the whole Mings deal.

Look, I know he wasn't an agent or anything, but he pointed out a player we signed for £10k and sold for £8m. I understand they never even sent him as much as a bottle of wine, which would have at least been a classy way to conduct yourself and show some degree of gratitude.

He effectively saved Evans over a years worth of investment by spotting a very good player and we didn't show any kind of appreciation. Now we didn't have to. But I think 95% of clubs would have done something in that situation.

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:59 - Mar 13 with 6054 viewsRoyKeanesDog

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 10:41 - Mar 13 by artsbossbeard

I think we did play Luton to be fair.

Poll: Best Football Song

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:00 - Mar 13 with 6042 viewsIllinoisblue

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:56 - Mar 13 by FinidiCentenary

I personally think the club were well out of order with Russell Osman as well over the whole Mings deal.

Look, I know he wasn't an agent or anything, but he pointed out a player we signed for £10k and sold for £8m. I understand they never even sent him as much as a bottle of wine, which would have at least been a classy way to conduct yourself and show some degree of gratitude.

He effectively saved Evans over a years worth of investment by spotting a very good player and we didn't show any kind of appreciation. Now we didn't have to. But I think 95% of clubs would have done something in that situation.

Agreed. Very shabby from the club.

62 - 78 - 81

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:00 - Mar 13 with 6042 viewsartsbossbeard

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:59 - Mar 13 by RoyKeanesDog

Yep, you're probably right.

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:03 - Mar 13 with 6037 viewsRoyKeanesDog

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:00 - Mar 13 by artsbossbeard

Yep, you're probably right.

Jaime Peters on the scoresheet in a 5-1 win I believe.

Poll: Best Football Song

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:05 - Mar 13 with 6029 viewsGeoffSentence

Gangsters at the training ground

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:12 - Mar 13 with 5999 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:59 - Mar 13 by RoyKeanesDog

About 6 months ago to be precise

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:13 - Mar 13 with 5999 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 11:01 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

7-0 away to Chelsea.
The Lincoln Humiliation.
Lee Martin.

That’s not a Rangers thing - there’s been a few clubs do them

The Doncaster Rovers one makes Evans look like a model owner

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:24 - Mar 13 with 5954 viewsFinidiCentenary

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:05 - Mar 13 by GeoffSentence

Of course. Add in the loan to Chopra.

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:25 - Mar 13 with 5947 viewswkj

Paul Jewell dropping the word DVD like it is super new state of the art technology

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:34 - Mar 13 with 5905 viewsIllinoisblue

The Evans Years - Things that were so tragic they were almost funny on 12:05 - Mar 13 by GeoffSentence

Was the Ben Thatcher arriving at training by helicopter rumour just a rumour?

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024