Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. 09:38 - Mar 16 with 3019 viewsArnieM

Who is the real culprit in all this !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 10:27 - Mar 16 with 2988 viewsfactual_blue

Blame Putin.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 11:27 - Mar 16 with 2971 viewshomer_123

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 10:27 - Mar 16 by factual_blue

Blame Putin.

Fake news.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 11:43 - Mar 16 with 2971 viewsitfcjoe

I don't disagree - but reality is it's a lot easier to change your manager than the owner.

For all Evans faults, unless someone has £500k a month to pay the bills we are wedded to him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:01 - Mar 16 with 2952 viewsPhilTWTD

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 11:43 - Mar 16 by itfcjoe

I don't disagree - but reality is it's a lot easier to change your manager than the owner.

For all Evans faults, unless someone has £500k a month to pay the bills we are wedded to him

This is the crux of the matter really, isn't it? For all MM and ME's faults, the overriding problem is the division becoming so much richer around us. We are, unfortunately, one of the losers from the way the division has developed in the last few seasons.
Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:03 - Mar 16 with 2940 viewsNo9

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 11:43 - Mar 16 by itfcjoe

That is the issue isn't it?

If the Owner won't sell & or ther is no buyer = we are stuck with what we have
Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:04 - Mar 16 with 2939 viewsSouperJim

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:01 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

This is the crux of the matter really, isn't it? For all MM and ME's faults, the overriding problem is the division becoming so much richer around us. We are, unfortunately, one of the losers from the way the division has developed in the last few seasons.

It's also much easier to vent your frustrations at the very visible manager, rather than the invisible owner. I mean what do we do, shake our fists at the sky?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:17 - Mar 16 with 2917 viewsTownly

Name anybody likely to be interested in funding our annual loss then.

Take on the debt.

Pie in the sky thinking.

Evans's best hope is to strike lucky with his next manager.

This could go either way.
Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:38 - Mar 16 with 2902 viewsPhilTWTD

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:04 - Mar 16 by SouperJim

It's also much easier to vent your frustrations at the very visible manager, rather than the invisible owner. I mean what do we do, shake our fists at the sky?

I think the frustrations with Mick are as much to do with personality issues as much as football either in terms of style or success, certainly now. Obviously, people can't have personality issues with someone who has no profile.
Login to get fewer ads

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:44 - Mar 16 with 2886 viewsSwansea_Blue

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:01 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

Less a case of the division moving away from us and more a case of us not keeping up with the division imo. We were in a reasonably healthy spot relative to others when ME came in and started spending. A succession of bad decisions has resulted in our growing distance from those nearer the top. No we don't have parachute payments, but teams have come from a worse position than us and got promoted to the PL and relegated again all in the time ME has been here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:52 - Mar 16 with 2875 viewsPhilTWTD

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:44 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

Less a case of the division moving away from us and more a case of us not keeping up with the division imo. We were in a reasonably healthy spot relative to others when ME came in and started spending. A succession of bad decisions has resulted in our growing distance from those nearer the top. No we don't have parachute payments, but teams have come from a worse position than us and got promoted to the PL and relegated again all in the time ME has been here.

I think ME wasted his chance in the early few seasons when we were one of the division's haves. It's only the last two or three seasons where things have developed in the way they have now to a point where financially we've been left behind to a point where, one presumes, it's too rich for him.

In historical terms our £18m-ish wage bill is huge. Unfortunately, the sums being paid elsewhere are eye-watering, Villa's wage bill was £60m last season, Norwich's £55m, Newcastle's even higher.

But Huddersfield, whose wage bill was lower than ours, illustrated that it is still possible to buck the trend, even if the odds are stacked against it happening.
Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:55 - Mar 16 with 2867 viewsStirlingArcher

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:04 - Mar 16 by SouperJim

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:57 - Mar 16 with 2859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:52 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

I think ME wasted his chance in the early few seasons when we were one of the division's haves. It's only the last two or three seasons where things have developed in the way they have now to a point where financially we've been left behind to a point where, one presumes, it's too rich for him.

In historical terms our £18m-ish wage bill is huge. Unfortunately, the sums being paid elsewhere are eye-watering, Villa's wage bill was £60m last season, Norwich's £55m, Newcastle's even higher.

But Huddersfield, whose wage bill was lower than ours, illustrated that it is still possible to buck the trend, even if the odds are stacked against it happening.

Yes, I'd agree with that. A window of opportunity wasted early on. With correct decisions when we were financially competitive we could have gone up, and now be in a position to compete with the likes Norwich on wages. Although of course we wouldn't have come straight back down ;-)

It's all about the parachute payments now and we missed that boat to get promoted when there was less of a gap between the have's and have nots.

Of course, there's no guarantee that even had we got things right at the start that we would have gone up. But we would have had a higher chance.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:58 - Mar 16 with 2858 viewsgordon

The thing I struggle with is that the quality of the communication between the club as a whole and the fans has been absolutely appalling for the last few years, including in that the manager, the managing director and the owner.

It's this which is at the heart of all the confrontation and bitterness; I certainly don't think that 12th in the championship is that much of a disaster, and I think most fans feel the same way. But I do feel completely disconnected from the club, because I genuinely have no idea what they're actually trying to achieve, and what their plan is to achieve it, whatever it is.

And the only thing the manager seems passionate about is talking about how much he loves doing the opposite of what he thinks the fans want him to.

The debates about whether it's ME or MM to blame are moot; there just isn't anyone in the club willing to take ownership of and responsibility for the situation.
Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:58 - Mar 16 with 2860 viewsLord_Lucan

Exactly.

People forget that pre Evans we were so skint that BFJ had to pay the teams hotel bill

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 14:30 - Mar 16 with 2788 viewsFreddy

Think most of us agree, whats course of action do you suggest then?
Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 15:31 - Mar 16 with 2766 viewsPhilTWTD

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:58 - Mar 16 by Lord_Lucan

Exactly.

People forget that pre Evans we were so skint that BFJ had to pay the teams hotel bill

That's not actually true. Was during administration when the administrator was writing cheques to cover everything and the hotel wanted a further assurance.

Joe Didn't Pay Bill 17th Mar 2003 09:30
Town manager Joe Royle has denied a national newspaper story which claimed he had to pay the club's hotel bill out of his own pocket following the recent away game at Wolves. 0

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 15:40 - Mar 16 with 2750 viewsITFC_Forever

Focus of discontent actually needs to be redirected toward EVANS. on 12:52 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

And for us to afford the £18m+ wage bill, budgets are cut down to a pittance from every other part of the club... you only have to look at the state of the pitch and the ground to see that.
And the longer that lack of maintenance continues, the more expensive it will be to bring everything back to a reasonable standard again. Another short-term false economy.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024