Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) 10:42 - Mar 24 with 14038 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

......ok don't enjoy this too much some of you but....
She has received a tidy 6 figure sum but not enough to buy somewhere she/we would want to live. Any simple advice on where to park the money as this is totally out of our comfort zone. (Is it Govt bonds/premium bonds, any worthwhile bank accounts/are there really ethical funds ?). For the last couple of months it has earned precisely nothing, almost like we are pretending it is not there.
Was going to ask Stokie but he went and bloody left......

Other than investing in a sh1t load of drugs and/or sending it to the YPG any suggestions?

Edit......in light of the first couple of replies I have realised this could become the usual 'International break thread'......oh joy !
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 15:25]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:46 - Mar 24 with 6216 viewssparks

Surely you should distribute it to people less wealthy than you? Or does that mindset change when its you that has something?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:48 - Mar 24 with 6200 viewswkj

If you don't (edit) do whatever it is you wanted Sheeran to do (/e), you'll be a hypocrite
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 10:49]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:57 - Mar 24 with 6156 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:46 - Mar 24 by sparks

Surely you should distribute it to people less wealthy than you? Or does that mindset change when its you that has something?

Bore off but we do this already with the little we have and it isn't mine. Now go away but be sure to PM GB so he can join in the baiting too!

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:58 - Mar 24 with 6144 viewssparks

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:57 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Bore off but we do this already with the little we have and it isn't mine. Now go away but be sure to PM GB so he can join in the baiting too!

Touched a nerve methinks.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:01 - Mar 24 with 6133 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:48 - Mar 24 by wkj

If you don't (edit) do whatever it is you wanted Sheeran to do (/e), you'll be a hypocrite
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 10:49]

Sorry but it's not enough to build a youth club.......!
This is going exactly as I imagined but oh well! Again it isn't my money, we aren't even married.......obviusly if it was mine I would give it to the nearest homeless person.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:02 - Mar 24 with 6124 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:58 - Mar 24 by sparks

Touched a nerve methinks.

Ha ha......you wish!

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:04 - Mar 24 with 6109 viewsJ2BLUE

Get some professional advice. You can't act on that sort of money with random forum advice.

100k sitting in an account earning nothing would worry the life out of me though.

Do you have a mortgage?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:06 - Mar 24 with 6093 viewsBlueBrittania

If it's six figures you are best getting some proper advice/investment fund to look after it. Hargreaves Lansdown are excellent for this, very professional, able to cater to ethical tastes etc.

Short of that, put as much as possible into an investment ISA, though again Hargreaves Lansdown would do that for you
Login to get fewer ads

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:07 - Mar 24 with 6092 viewsWD19

If you are v.quick you can max out the 2017 ISA allowance for both of you. Then 2018 in a couple of weeks...so that is 80k accounted for.

Pick funds that are as ethical as you like....
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:08 - Mar 24 with 6094 viewsJoeSoap

PM Keno, he's an Independent Financial Advisor and a jolly good egg.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:08 - Mar 24 with 6075 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:46 - Mar 24 by sparks

This is such a stupid attitude from someone normally more intelligent than this, and is along the same lines as people saying "Why does Russell Brand live in a big house? If he wants a fairer society he should give his money away and live in a hovel" etc.

It's not about one person giving all their newly found wealth away. That would be a drop in the ocean and do nothing. It's about society AS A WHOLE looking after each other... and policies that benefit ALL not just enabling the rich to stay rich (and get richer) while many eat from food banks.

We need a society shift not people pointing fingers at individuals.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:11 - Mar 24 with 6056 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:04 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

Get some professional advice. You can't act on that sort of money with random forum advice.

100k sitting in an account earning nothing would worry the life out of me though.

Do you have a mortgage?

I have had a PM offering to point me to some local advice which is what I was hoping for and we rent from the landed gentry at the moment, before that it was a caravan.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:12 - Mar 24 with 6045 viewsLord_Lucan

Buy gold, it’s running out.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:15 - Mar 24 with 6034 viewsRyorry

TBH, I'd ask Phil to delete the thread, I don't think this is information you want to be giving out into the public arena, even tho I assume you have Mrs S's permission to do so. Doesn't matter having a username instead of it being your real one, stuff is very findable-outable with a bit of digging & connections being made.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:16 - Mar 24 with 6016 viewsconnorscontract

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:08 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

This is such a stupid attitude from someone normally more intelligent than this, and is along the same lines as people saying "Why does Russell Brand live in a big house? If he wants a fairer society he should give his money away and live in a hovel" etc.

It's not about one person giving all their newly found wealth away. That would be a drop in the ocean and do nothing. It's about society AS A WHOLE looking after each other... and policies that benefit ALL not just enabling the rich to stay rich (and get richer) while many eat from food banks.

Absolutely. And Archer is looking for advice for ethical investment, rather than "How can we screw people as much as possible with our wealth to make us even richer?" That would be hypocritical.

But sparks has always said how disgusting church schools are, but when his little darlings had to go to school, guess where they went? Other schools were available, but not "suitable". So his understanding of the word "hypocritical" is a little bit flexible.
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:16 - Mar 24 with 6013 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:08 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Please can you explain which government policies make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:17 - Mar 24 with 6009 viewsRyorry

Methinks you're in for a whooshing ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:18 - Mar 24 with 6001 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:01 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sorry but it's not enough to build a youth club.......!
This is going exactly as I imagined but oh well! Again it isn't my money, we aren't even married.......obviusly if it was mine I would give it to the nearest homeless person.

Do you have enough now to start paying PAYE on your earnings?
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:23 - Mar 24 with 5982 viewsfactual_blue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:08 - Mar 24 by JoeSoap

PM Keno, he's an Independent Financial Advisor and a jolly good egg.

This

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:24 - Mar 24 with 5975 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:12 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

By god you've got it........I'll suggest she puts it all in bitcoin once we have bought loads of tinned goods, water purifiers, a generator and guns!

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:25 - Mar 24 with 5965 viewsJ2BLUE

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:12 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

Rookie mistake. Gold is stored. Very little of it is used up. Silver is the real resource that is running out. Often used in amounts too small to be worth recovering so it gets dumped.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) (n/t) on 11:26 - Mar 24 with 5956 viewsfactual_blue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:15 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

TBH, I'd ask Phil to delete the thread, I don't think this is information you want to be giving out into the public arena, even tho I assume you have Mrs S's permission to do so. Doesn't matter having a username instead of it being your real one, stuff is very findable-outable with a bit of digging & connections being made.

[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 11:27]

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:26 - Mar 24 with 5952 viewsfactual_blue

The Married Women's Property Acts of 1870 and 1882 - big mistakes.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:28 - Mar 24 with 5946 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'll take my chances Ryorry.....nobody will get me to tell them where it's buried though! Thanks though I do get your point .

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:29 - Mar 24 with 5948 viewsLord_Lucan

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:25 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

Rookie mistake. Gold is stored. Very little of it is used up. Silver is the real resource that is running out. Often used in amounts too small to be worth recovering so it gets dumped.

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were a precious metal expert, I thought you dished out Euros to the Benidorm bound in a crappy foreign exchange booth.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024