Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? 10:29 - Apr 5 with 5281 viewsblueysbackside

Just interested in people's views. ....
He has built the club, got them on the verge of promotion and it's just the start.
To come here, one would expect that he thinks Ipswich is a bigger job and presumably he would be on more money and be given assurances about a kitty for transfers.
I find it all a bit unlikely myself. The Venkys will surely want to keep him and the Blackburn post seems a lot more of a favorable one than Ipswich right now.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:30 - Apr 5 with 3484 viewsReuser_is_God

He loves Ipswich?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:31 - Apr 5 with 3476 viewschicoazul

Money.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:31 - Apr 5 with 3479 viewshype313

He loves the area, his wife is from the area he has a real affinity with us and an owner that will give him time.

Or stay in an area none of us would want to step into under owners who didn't know what relegation was.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:33 - Apr 5 with 3467 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The main answer is;

...if they remain in League 1. Which also means he will have failed in his objective for this season.

He also has a clear emotional link to Ipswich which will play a small part in his decision making.

The Venky's havent got a track record of being great to work for either.

I think to say 'he has built the club' is a tad overkill.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:39 - Apr 5 with 3436 viewsNo9

You make a very good point.
Why indeed leave a club where he has built a team capable of doing thingss to come to a club where he would have to start again and may, by some be resented for his efforts?
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:41 - Apr 5 with 3412 viewsimsureazzure

If they get promoted, lose 4 on the trot and past experience is any forecast, he will be sacked.

He will get time to build at Town.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:42 - Apr 5 with 3412 viewsJ2BLUE

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:31 - Apr 5 by hype313

He loves the area, his wife is from the area he has a real affinity with us and an owner that will give him time.

Or stay in an area none of us would want to step into under owners who didn't know what relegation was.

He probably has a season maximum before our biggest idiots start to turn.

Not sure I want him here unless he is backed properly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:43 - Apr 5 with 3389 viewsNo9

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:41 - Apr 5 by imsureazzure

If they get promoted, lose 4 on the trot and past experience is any forecast, he will be sacked.

He will get time to build at Town.

He may get the time but will he get the scounting staff & money to support him?
Login to get fewer ads

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:43 - Apr 5 with 3390 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:42 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

"He probably has a season maximum before our biggest idiots start to turn."

Thats better than most clubs....

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:44 - Apr 5 with 3388 viewsSteve_M

The Venky's ownership of Blackburn makes ME look like a model owner for a start.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:44 - Apr 5 with 3385 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:43 - Apr 5 by No9

He may get the time but will he get the scounting staff & money to support him?

Will he get any of the above at Blackburn?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:45 - Apr 5 with 3382 viewshype313

Don't think anyone will be backed properly, which is why Mogga is a shout as at least he gets the club and the fans would be willing to give him a chance. Otherwise we get someone else who has to to the job with one hand tied behind their back and in 18 months time it will be rinse and repeat.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:46 - Apr 5 with 3369 viewsFrimleyBlue

Out of interest J2, the idiots of Portman Road. what are they actually idiots for?

Those who were vocal, paid the same amount as those who weren't. Entitled to have their own opinion, and in fairness only over the past few months has it got worse. The lacklustre football has been on show for a fair while now, so for me it just seems about unfair to call them idiots for wanting a change when someone's had over 5 seasons in charge now
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 10:49]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:48 - Apr 5 with 3365 viewsusm

Thats Evans problem - if he wants him he should do all he can to get him.

Easier to say than do, but hes a successful businessman so it shouldnt be a major problem for him.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:51 - Apr 5 with 3340 viewsitfcjoe

Even when you read that post on Blackburn message board, it talksa bout him going if they don't go up, if they go up and don't start well he'll be under fire and in trouble.

He has built his reputation back that a solid Championship club wants him, strike while the iron is hot and come here to one of the most stable jobs in the football league or keep going at Blackburn.

His wife is from the area and his assistant is very keen to get back to the area, and it is a club he holds a great affinity for.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:54 - Apr 5 with 3303 viewsJ2BLUE

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:46 - Apr 5 by FrimleyBlue

Out of interest J2, the idiots of Portman Road. what are they actually idiots for?

Those who were vocal, paid the same amount as those who weren't. Entitled to have their own opinion, and in fairness only over the past few months has it got worse. The lacklustre football has been on show for a fair while now, so for me it just seems about unfair to call them idiots for wanting a change when someone's had over 5 seasons in charge now
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 10:49]

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I'm fully for a change of manager but we've had inners and outers with every manager since Magilton. I think there were less outers back then, I can't really remember, but the last three managers have split the fans and we've had protracted periods of having a divided fan base. There's a small group who almost want us to fail. They start giving it large about how the manager is crap and needs to be changed very quickly. Look at when it started with MM despite his relative success in his first few years here. They then keep going on and on until it all really does start to fall apart and then claim they were right.

It's a minority but unless we're at the top of the league they will turn on Mowbray very quickly even if there are lots of signs of the future being bright.

That's my opinion.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:05 - Apr 5 with 3256 viewsFrimleyBlue

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:54 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I'm fully for a change of manager but we've had inners and outers with every manager since Magilton. I think there were less outers back then, I can't really remember, but the last three managers have split the fans and we've had protracted periods of having a divided fan base. There's a small group who almost want us to fail. They start giving it large about how the manager is crap and needs to be changed very quickly. Look at when it started with MM despite his relative success in his first few years here. They then keep going on and on until it all really does start to fall apart and then claim they were right.

It's a minority but unless we're at the top of the league they will turn on Mowbray very quickly even if there are lots of signs of the future being bright.

That's my opinion.

I think you've hit the nail there about the splits

Since Magilton fans have been split

I mean, who was happy with Keane? Jewell? even Mick there was a lot of " oh not that dino" etc

I think potentially a Mogga may take us back to the good old burley days, maybe not the success but having someone who has the club close to his heart, the fans,

I think Micks situ got worse the more he carried on his stance of, " you moan at me, i'll do the opposite" kind of attitude, and whilst there's no evidence, the Norwich act certainly was a nail for a fair few people.

He also didn't help with his constant talks of " we didn't lose, or " they are bottom but it's a false position"

IF we can get Mogga, it has to be done

if not, get someone else young who wants to grow with the club and bring on our own players and play football the way itfc fans are used to seeing at PR

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:12 - Apr 5 with 3211 viewsCurrie10

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:05 - Apr 5 by FrimleyBlue

I mean, who was happy with Keane? Jewell? even Mick there was a lot of " oh not that dino" etc

I think potentially a Mogga may take us back to the good old burley days, maybe not the success but having someone who has the club close to his heart, the fans,

I think Micks situ got worse the more he carried on his stance of, " you moan at me, i'll do the opposite" kind of attitude, and whilst there's no evidence, the Norwich act certainly was a nail for a fair few people.

He also didn't help with his constant talks of " we didn't lose, or " they are bottom but it's a false position"

if not, get someone else young who wants to grow with the club and bring on our own players and play football the way itfc fans are used to seeing at PR

I certainly wouldn't be thrilled with Mogga I have to say. Uninspiring at best, and on zero budget would it really work here!?

That aside, hasn't he been spoken to about the job twice and it not happen for various reasons already? Why would we try for a third time?

Also, I don't get why the hell he'd leave Blackburn - a side on the up - sure with problems with his own batch of players he can add to -

vs Ipswich, no money, not his players, needing to change many around. Seems by far the harder job to me ?
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:16 - Apr 5 with 3191 viewstortoise

I would take Mowbray or Warburton.

If Mowbray wasn’t prepared to leave Blackburn for us then one of the main reasons he was such a strong target (affinity for the club) wouldn’t be there anyway! In that situation, I would be more than happy with Warburton. Did a great job at Brentford and there’s no shame in not succeeding at Rangers or Forest as they’re both basket case clubs!

After them two I’d take Cook. Not that keen on any of the other names.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:20 - Apr 5 with 3176 viewsmaccyd9

Agree.

Cannot see why he would personally. Venky's have settled down and he has got them playing well, albeit in a league they are too good for.

He doesn't quite have this love for Ipswich that people seem to go on about. Yes his wife is from here but Boro and Celtic are far greater draws to him. Remember that he turned us down as Hibs manager in 2006.

As for money, I'd imagine Blackburn would equal or better anything we would pay him and the recent agent spend table which shows Blackburn spent £750k to our £250k evidences he's likely to get more backing there.

I read a Blackburn forum yesterday and almost to a man, they can't see him wanting to come here over staying there.

We are not much of a draw to non Ipswich people or those who have significant ties to the club and just can't see him giving up on what he has at Blackburn.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:20 - Apr 5 with 3174 viewschicoazul

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:48 - Apr 5 by usm

Thats Evans problem - if he wants him he should do all he can to get him.

Easier to say than do, but hes a successful businessman so it shouldnt be a major problem for him.

People use this "he is a successful businessman" stick to beat Marcus with a lot. He should be able to hire this Manager, he should be able to run the club a certain way, he should be able to market season tickets blah blah because "he is a successful businessman".

Most successful businessmen I know are only good at one thing and that one thing is the thing that made them successful in the first place. Business polymaths who generate success in radically different areas e.g. running a conferencing business and running a football club, are very very rare.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:23 - Apr 5 with 3165 viewsRadlett_blue

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:12 - Apr 5 by Currie10

I certainly wouldn't be thrilled with Mogga I have to say. Uninspiring at best, and on zero budget would it really work here!?

That aside, hasn't he been spoken to about the job twice and it not happen for various reasons already? Why would we try for a third time?

Also, I don't get why the hell he'd leave Blackburn - a side on the up - sure with problems with his own batch of players he can add to -

vs Ipswich, no money, not his players, needing to change many around. Seems by far the harder job to me ?

Exactly. Mowbray has also said that going to manage Boro - where he was a hero - was the biggest mistake of his life.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:24 - Apr 5 with 3153 viewsBlueGuru

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:05 - Apr 5 by FrimleyBlue

THere were a few Keane inners - cough * glassers * cough
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:25 - Apr 5 with 3150 viewsSteve_M

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:20 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

People use this "he is a successful businessman" stick to beat Marcus with a lot. He should be able to hire this Manager, he should be able to run the club a certain way, he should be able to market season tickets blah blah because "he is a successful businessman".

Most successful businessmen I know are only good at one thing and that one thing is the thing that made them successful in the first place. Business polymaths who generate success in radically different areas e.g. running a conferencing business and running a football club, are very very rare.

Although one would think that MEG has some experience in selling tickets for events and managing catering. Unless, of course, those conferences are as half-arsed as most things at ITFC are.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:31 - Apr 5 with 3110 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:20 - Apr 5 by maccyd9

Agree.

Cannot see why he would personally. Venky's have settled down and he has got them playing well, albeit in a league they are too good for.

He doesn't quite have this love for Ipswich that people seem to go on about. Yes his wife is from here but Boro and Celtic are far greater draws to him. Remember that he turned us down as Hibs manager in 2006.

As for money, I'd imagine Blackburn would equal or better anything we would pay him and the recent agent spend table which shows Blackburn spent £750k to our £250k evidences he's likely to get more backing there.

I read a Blackburn forum yesterday and almost to a man, they can't see him wanting to come here over staying there.

We are not much of a draw to non Ipswich people or those who have significant ties to the club and just can't see him giving up on what he has at Blackburn.

"I read a Blackburn forum yesterday and almost to a man, they can't see him wanting to come here over staying there."

Why would that surprise anyone?

Of course Blackburn Fans think that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024