Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference 17:51 - Apr 9 with 3668 viewsSuperfrans

Phil asked about the good deals we did bringing in Kiefer Moore for virtually nothing and then selling for big money.

Mick replied: "It was a pretty good deal - didn't benefit me at all, did it..?"

It seemed like a very rare sign of frustration at not getting the money to spend...

I reckon Evans is going to get a lot more pressure from his next manager. I still don't get why it hasn't happened that we have given the proceeds from such deals to reinvest in the squad - and why McCarthy hasn't criticised Evans for it more.

Why should a manager allow his best players to be sold from under him and not be given the proceeds to replace them? That should surely be a basic principle of any manager's relationship with the owner, shouldn't it?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 17:55 - Apr 9 with 3591 viewsJ2BLUE

MM's net spend must be about -£10m

Imagine what he could have done with that money. He has the right to be angry, especially when it's players like Mings and Moore who he signed for peanuts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:01 - Apr 9 with 3546 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 17:55 - Apr 9 by J2BLUE

Imagine what he could have done with that money. He has the right to be angry, especially when it's players like Mings and Moore who he signed for peanuts.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If he'd had the resources afforded to him that his two incompetent predecessors had, we'd have gone up with a fair shout at staying up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:02 - Apr 9 with 3534 viewsSitfcB

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:01 - Apr 9 by BlueBadger

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If he'd had the resources afforded to him that his two incompetent predecessors had, we'd have gone up with a fair shout at staying up.

Especially in January of the play-off season when we were in the top two!!!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:02 - Apr 9 with 3539 viewsHipsterectomy

What I have always found weird is that to my memory Keane was completely professional during his time here regarding Evans and Clegg. It was only after he left, months later, that he suggested he was unhappy with the way they both do business/they didn't keep promises.

It also makes me think we may well go for someone like Kuqi - someone who is just happy to be here and, with the greatest of respects, probably a bit under qualified for the role. However he will do his job, follow orders, not moan about money and be grateful.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:04 - Apr 9 with 3524 viewsPJH

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:01 - Apr 9 by BlueBadger

Agree.

As I have said before ME has made money available at various times in his tenure, it is just that having the money made available and having the right person to spend it has never coincided.
Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:04 - Apr 9 with 3518 viewshowdonblue

You have hit the nail on the head !

Why didn’t Mick say more on these issues .

And for me I expected a man of Mcarthys standing to have said more .

Evans has been more the issue than Mick
Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:10 - Apr 9 with 3481 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:02 - Apr 9 by SitfcB

Especially in January of the play-off season when we were in the top two!!!!

I'll admit to being a little hubristic and being happy with just the Sears signing as he wa son fire that season. I underestimated how much losing McGoldrick to injury and placing more burden on Murphy would affect us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:22 - Apr 9 with 3415 viewsAlanG296

He could have had it a lot lot worse. The owner could have told him to slash the wage bill so the club could break even and there would be no more losses for him to cover.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:26 - Apr 9 with 3381 viewsReuser_is_God

Thought exactly the same.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:26 - Apr 9 with 3378 viewsTrequartista

Little point in spending money in January on a team not pushing for promotion or relegation, but admittedly, even if we were, on past history, he probably still wouldn't have been given the money spend

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:29 - Apr 9 with 3352 viewshowdonblue

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:26 - Apr 9 by Trequartista

Little point in spending money in January on a team not pushing for promotion or relegation, but admittedly, even if we were, on past history, he probably still wouldn't have been given the money spend

Agreed

But when a few seasons back we were at the top end of the table after beating Brentford 3-2 on Boxing Day Evans should have backed Mcarthy .
Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:44 - Apr 9 with 3272 viewsBent_double

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:04 - Apr 9 by howdonblue

You have hit the nail on the head !

Why didn’t Mick say more on these issues .

And for me I expected a man of Mcarthys standing to have said more .

Evans has been more the issue than Mick

Mick's old skool, isn't he - not likely to go whinging to all and sundry when things don't go his way, especially as the financial constraints were probably made very clear to him by ME when he signed up.

Makes him very employable I guess, owners/chairmen know he is not going to blow-up on them when things start going wrong.

Fans on the other hand......

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:01 - Apr 9 with 3193 viewsSuperfrans

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 17:55 - Apr 9 by J2BLUE

If you were an incoming manager with any clout, you'd make sure to have some reassurance that you'd get that money to spend, wouldnt you?

Ive long thought that McCrthy has been too compliant on this front. He should probably even have insisted last summer - “Trust me, let me spend £6m on Lawrence. I’ll turn him into a £15m player within a season or two.”

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:03 - Apr 9 with 3167 viewsSuperfrans

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:02 - Apr 9 by Hipsterectomy

What I have always found weird is that to my memory Keane was completely professional during his time here regarding Evans and Clegg. It was only after he left, months later, that he suggested he was unhappy with the way they both do business/they didn't keep promises.

It also makes me think we may well go for someone like Kuqi - someone who is just happy to be here and, with the greatest of respects, probably a bit under qualified for the role. However he will do his job, follow orders, not moan about money and be grateful.

I hope we do the exact opposite, and appoint a manager who puts more pressure on Evans to reinvest windfall transfer fees back into the club.

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:08 - Apr 9 with 3134 viewsTrequartista

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:29 - Apr 9 by howdonblue

Agreed

But when a few seasons back we were at the top end of the table after beating Brentford 3-2 on Boxing Day Evans should have backed Mcarthy .

I think ffp was tighter in those days, we hadn't yet sold Mings and Murphy and we added Sears who was half-decent at the time. Certainly after the sales though he wasn't given the money as implied in my post.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:13 - Apr 9 with 3104 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Could also be taken as he didn't get into the team so didn't make a difference on the pitch.

How much difference would the money for Moore have made? He did spend more than that in the summer.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:14 - Apr 9 with 3095 viewsJ2BLUE

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:01 - Apr 9 by Superfrans

If you were an incoming manager with any clout, you'd make sure to have some reassurance that you'd get that money to spend, wouldnt you?

Ive long thought that McCrthy has been too compliant on this front. He should probably even have insisted last summer - “Trust me, let me spend £6m on Lawrence. I’ll turn him into a £15m player within a season or two.”

I've made the argument many times recently that we could go out and sign five young £2m(ish) players and if even one of them makes it Evans would probably get his investment back. Even more likely now the tv deal has gone up again, albeit minimally.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:34 - Apr 9 with 3032 viewsFrimleyBlue

Could have been a benefit to him had he not sold him tbf

Why bring someone in from lower leagues too bin them off after barely working with him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:38 - Apr 9 with 3008 viewsSwn98

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 18:02 - Apr 9 by Hipsterectomy

So why change the manager then.
Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 2996 viewsjas0999

Evans will appoint someone who won’t question him.
Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:40 - Apr 9 with 2991 viewsHipsterectomy

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:38 - Apr 9 by Swn98

So why change the manager then.

Shefki says his main goal is to unite the town and fans back to the club. Evan's main reason for getting rid of MM was the bad relationship with the fans.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Interesting aside from McCarthy at today's press conference on 19:54 - Apr 9 with 2932 views3_5_2

How do you know that?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024