Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. 23:20 - Apr 11 with 4523 viewshomer_123

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43726976

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 05:31 - Apr 12 with 4399 viewsnoggin

Rule Britannia.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:29 - Apr 12 with 4284 viewsSteve_M

It is, this, along with police cuts, is Theresa May's legacy at the Home Office. As Prime Minister she doesn't seem to really believe in anything but there is a constant thread about immigration 'control' and this sort of unpleasantness.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:34 - Apr 12 with 4272 viewsFactOrFiction

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:29 - Apr 12 by Steve_M

It is, this, along with police cuts, is Theresa May's legacy at the Home Office. As Prime Minister she doesn't seem to really believe in anything but there is a constant thread about immigration 'control' and this sort of unpleasantness.

It's truly shameful, hopefully it will get sorted out so they can stay.

Whilst May was pretty rubbish it seems a bit harsh blaming her as the clerical errors (ie. not keeping records) was prior to 1971 from my reading of the article. I do get the wider point about an undercurrent of unpleasantness though.
Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:34 - Apr 12 with 4270 viewsHerbivore

Brexit Britain.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:35 - Apr 12 with 4270 viewsmrshallisfit

Have you read The Daily Mail recently? There is a part of small minded little Englander mentality that is unpleasant in this country. It partly drove the Brexit vote.
Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:35 - Apr 12 with 4267 viewsGlasgowBlue

As it’s a government fcuk up from 1971, anyone who can prove they were here at that time, and that shouldn’t be hard to do, should be given an amnesty.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:37 - Apr 12 with 4258 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:34 - Apr 12 by Herbivore

Brexit Britain.

-10. Facters does Brexit trolling far better than you.

Iron Lion Zion

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:42 - Apr 12 with 4247 viewsHerbivore

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:37 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

-10. Facters does Brexit trolling far better than you.

At the very least this is classic nasty party stuff.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:46 - Apr 12 with 4235 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:42 - Apr 12 by Herbivore

At the very least this is classic nasty party stuff.

Yes it is. Typical of May as Steve M has said. But nothing to do with Brexit. You may recall May was in your camp.

Of course the 1971 act is an extension to the 1968 act brought in by Harold Wilson in response to the march by the Union of Dockers.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 8:49]

Iron Lion Zion

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:46 - Apr 12 with 4237 viewsNo9

Makes Max Mosley's position look quite civilised?
Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:53 - Apr 12 with 4201 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:46 - Apr 12 by No9

Makes Max Mosley's position look quite civilised?

Are you defending Max Mosley and his forced repatriation views?

Iron Lion Zion

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:59 - Apr 12 with 4187 viewsNo9

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:53 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

Are you defending Max Mosley and his forced repatriation views?

Not at all but as he has changed his position on that but the UK government have moved (more or less) to where he was the situation surely needs comparison?

Baring in mind when Mosley made the suggestion - if it is provevn he did- that was not such an unusual position to hold was it? An election in the Midlans was re -run because the tory member was elected on what was considered a raciust ticket. & I'm sure others in politics agreed with repatriation including Mr Rivers of Blood.

Times chnage but as I have often predicted our governemtn wish to go back to a previous century, this is just one example of what they will do once they have 'taken back control'
Think about it.
Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:08 - Apr 12 with 4166 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:59 - Apr 12 by No9

Not at all but as he has changed his position on that but the UK government have moved (more or less) to where he was the situation surely needs comparison?

Baring in mind when Mosley made the suggestion - if it is provevn he did- that was not such an unusual position to hold was it? An election in the Midlans was re -run because the tory member was elected on what was considered a raciust ticket. & I'm sure others in politics agreed with repatriation including Mr Rivers of Blood.

Times chnage but as I have often predicted our governemtn wish to go back to a previous century, this is just one example of what they will do once they have 'taken back control'
Think about it.

Yep. You are defending Max Mosley. Shameful Fredders.

Iron Lion Zion

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 4116 viewsNo9

What with that & certain nationalities having to 'register' it looks like dangerous times - didn't something like this happen somewhere in the 30's?
Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:38 - Apr 12 with 4101 viewsSwansea_Blue

Home Office in being insensitive w@nkers shocker!

Did you see the one recently about the South African woman they accused of faking illness, detained her rather than seeking prompt medical advice and she died a few days later? Hope her partner sues the feck out of them (if he can).

And then we've had a 50% increase in homeless deaths (presumably the Mogster finds that very heartwarming).

The Nasty Party indeed.

But away from the sensationalism, May's and now Rudd's incompetence in key ministerial positions has left our Home Office in a right state. Families being split, long-time residents/contributors being deported/big increase in red tape for right to work legislation because they'd rather pander to the xenophobic voters, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:43 - Apr 12 with 4090 viewsNo9

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:38 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

Did you see the one recently about the South African woman they accused of faking illness, detained her rather than seeking prompt medical advice and she died a few days later? Hope her partner sues the feck out of them (if he can).

And then we've had a 50% increase in homeless deaths (presumably the Mogster finds that very heartwarming).

The Nasty Party indeed.

But away from the sensationalism, May's and now Rudd's incompetence in key ministerial positions has left our Home Office in a right state. Families being split, long-time residents/contributors being deported/big increase in red tape for right to work legislation because they'd rather pander to the xenophobic voters, etc.

"But away from the sensationalism, May's and now Rudd's incompetence in key ministerial positions has left our Home Office in a right state. Families being split, long-time residents/contributors being deported/big increase in red tape for right to work legislation because they'd rather pander to the xenophobic voters, etc."

Is it really incompetence or deliberate?
Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:46 - Apr 12 with 4078 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:43 - Apr 12 by No9

"But away from the sensationalism, May's and now Rudd's incompetence in key ministerial positions has left our Home Office in a right state. Families being split, long-time residents/contributors being deported/big increase in red tape for right to work legislation because they'd rather pander to the xenophobic voters, etc."

Is it really incompetence or deliberate?

Seeing how May has acted now she's in the top job, I suspect incompetence plays a big part. And Rudd doesn't seem to have a handle on things at all.

The policies to pander to the former UKIP voters and the like is deliberate though if that's where you're coming from.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 10:35 - Apr 12 with 4045 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:38 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

The Nasty Party indeed.

Can’t disagree with any of that.

Iron Lion Zion

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 13:06 - Apr 12 with 3973 viewsBlueBadger

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 08:59 - Apr 12 by No9

Think about it.

Fancy that, a Momentum supporter defending an anti-semite.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 12:50 - Apr 13 with 3862 viewsGlasgowBlue

Further to Homer's post there is a petition anyone who is interested can sign

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/216539

Iron Lion Zion

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 12:58 - Apr 13 with 3848 viewsNo9

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 09:46 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

Seeing how May has acted now she's in the top job, I suspect incompetence plays a big part. And Rudd doesn't seem to have a handle on things at all.

The policies to pander to the former UKIP voters and the like is deliberate though if that's where you're coming from.

May was an incompetent HS and created many of the problems we experienced with immigration since 2010.
But in reality this is the RW of UK politics taking us back to the place where electoins were fought in the 60's-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/15/britains-most-racist-election-smet

Only people of my age (& older) will remember the stories of Kit-E-Kat etc.

1971 legislation was supposed to deal with this sort of thing & in the 70's those who hadn't got their UKmpassport & staus resolved should do so. The right have siezed on this.

Differrentiating between UKip & the RW tories ins't easy
Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. (n/t) on 13:04 - Apr 13 with 3832 viewsRyorry

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 12:50 - Apr 13 by GlasgowBlue

Further to Homer's post there is a petition anyone who is interested can sign

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/216539

[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 13:08]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 11:25 - Apr 16 with 3736 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pressure mounting on the Home Office to sort this

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/special-shows/ring-rees-mogg/jacob-rees-mogg-disgrac

Iron Lion Zion

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 11:28 - Apr 16 with 3726 viewsLord_Lucan

Shocking situation, this country should be ashamed of itself. on 11:25 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

Pressure mounting on the Home Office to sort this

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/special-shows/ring-rees-mogg/jacob-rees-mogg-disgrac

I'm a regular listener to LBC but missed The Moggster this morning.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024