Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey 01:00 - Apr 27 with 8777 viewsCoastalblue

Someone mentioned Jamie Peters earlier, and the fact that he's still young enough to be considered in his prime.

That made me think of Owen Garvan, I googled him, 30 years old! Whatever happened there? For a while he looked like he could go and have quite a decent career.

Ian Westlake was probably the same, who else went from Town to relative obscurity?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Blimey on 01:04 - Apr 27 with 7176 viewsLord_Lucan

How can Owen Garvan be 30 and Tony Mowbray 54?

It just doesn't equate

The world has gone mad.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Blimey on 01:06 - Apr 27 with 7172 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Adam Tanner. Winning goal at Anfield (the only time we’ve ever won there I think?) to canvey island
Blimey on 01:10 - Apr 27 with 7163 viewsLord_Lucan

Blimey on 01:06 - Apr 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Adam Tanner. Winning goal at Anfield (the only time we’ve ever won there I think?) to canvey island

Well it has never been a happy hunting ground, even in our pomp, but Marcus Stewart might be a bit bovvered about that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Blimey on 04:23 - Apr 27 with 7105 viewsIllinoisblue

Westlake is the one that intrigues me... from us to Leeds... a few stops imbetween then ends up at Needham Market.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Blimey on 05:49 - Apr 27 with 7046 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Jack Ainsley= 27 now at Leiston.
Nabil Abidallah= finished his football career at 26 yrs old. From 22-26 only a handful of appearances for his clubs.
Aidan Collins= Finished his football career within a year of leaving us.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Blimey on 05:52 - Apr 27 with 7038 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Oh and Chris Makin did retire from football but came back and is now playing.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Blimey on 06:48 - Apr 27 with 6939 viewsEly_Blue

Josh Carson - loved himself came on the scene played 30 games for us now playing for Coleraine in the NIFL age"....................... still only 24!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Blimey on 07:17 - Apr 27 with 6850 viewsMattinLondon

Think this proves that in order to stay a professional footballer at either a good level you need more than just talent.
Login to get fewer ads

Blimey on 07:44 - Apr 27 with 6786 viewsSteve_M

Blimey on 01:06 - Apr 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

You're forgetting this one:

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/for-composure-from-marcus-stewart-to-wi

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Blimey on 08:07 - Apr 27 with 6717 viewshomer_123

Blimey on 04:23 - Apr 27 by Illinoisblue

Westlake is the one that intrigues me... from us to Leeds... a few stops imbetween then ends up at Needham Market.

His knees are shot.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Blimey on 08:12 - Apr 27 with 6707 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Blimey on 06:48 - Apr 27 by Ely_Blue

Josh Carson - loved himself came on the scene played 30 games for us now playing for Coleraine in the NIFL age"....................... still only 24!

A big fan of having a go at fans on Twitter.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Blimey on 08:16 - Apr 27 with 6698 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Joe Whight, AFC Sudbury. People were talking about him making the grade at one time.
Blimey on 08:17 - Apr 27 with 6687 viewsHerbivore

Jaime Peters for right wing back?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blimey on 08:18 - Apr 27 with 6688 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Blimey on 08:16 - Apr 27 by TonyHumesIpswich

Joe Whight, AFC Sudbury. People were talking about him making the grade at one time.

Shane O'Connor. 27. Longford Town.
Blimey on 08:58 - Apr 27 with 6615 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Blimey on 07:44 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

You're forgetting this one:

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/for-composure-from-marcus-stewart-to-wi

Wait - is that the one I’m thinking of, or have we won there twice?
Blimey on 09:07 - Apr 27 with 6595 viewsitfcjoe

Blimey on 05:49 - Apr 27 by BrettenhamBlue

Jack Ainsley= 27 now at Leiston.
Nabil Abidallah= finished his football career at 26 yrs old. From 22-26 only a handful of appearances for his clubs.
Aidan Collins= Finished his football career within a year of leaving us.

Collins was through injury, he took the insurance payout and could therefore only play non-league footy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blimey on 09:11 - Apr 27 with 6575 viewsitfcjoe

Bad move to Leeds where he earned a lot of money but manager changed didn't fancy him and bombed him out. He earned too much to leave and so had a few loan spells and then when he was released was a bit stuck.

He went to a Canadian side and signed with them and moved over, then half way through pre season they signed another foreigner and just cut him as now were over squad limits and that was a real struggle.

From what I hear, he's invested his money well, and is a smart guy and there is no real need to play football with a young family.

As an e.g. he was offered £1-2k a week to go and play for Tranmere a few years back, his family are settled here so he'd have had to move up there on his own and live effectively single lif in a flat going back and forth when he can carry on with his work/business here and earn a few hundred quid a game at Needham.

Not sure why he has stopped playing with them since, but he's doing well generally from all I hear

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blimey on 09:15 - Apr 27 with 6561 viewssoupytwist

Didn't he basically get such a massive pay rise by going to Leeds that as long as he was reasonably sensible he wouldn't need to work again? He then went to Brighton, Cheltenham and Wycombe before spending some time at Montreal Impact.

Thanks to Wikipedia for that info.
Blimey on 09:18 - Apr 27 with 6550 viewsSteve_M

Blimey on 08:58 - Apr 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Wait - is that the one I’m thinking of, or have we won there twice?

Twice. You were right first time that Adam Tanner scored the winner the first time we won at Anfield.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Blimey on 10:30 - Apr 27 with 6456 viewsGood_Evans

Blimey on 08:18 - Apr 27 by TonyHumesIpswich

Shane O'Connor. 27. Longford Town.

When he first came into the team my mates and I thought we were seeing the emergence of a future international fullback. Just goes to show what we know...

It's the participating that counts (allegedly).
Poll: Have you applied for a season ticket for 2018-19?

Blimey on 10:37 - Apr 27 with 6438 viewsBOjK

Despite the obvious truthfulness of your post I couldn't believe Garvan was still 30 myself and had to google it.

He really is! This is insane. I haven't been a regular at Portman Road for something like a decade and I saw him play loads of times for us. Even saw him play in the youth team on a couple of occasions in the dim and distant past. From being a fantastic young player, to not quite fulfilling that potential then the move on to Palace.

Is Connor Wickham injured at the moment?

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Blimey on 10:45 - Apr 27 with 6409 viewsRadlett_blue

Blimey on 10:37 - Apr 27 by BOjK

Despite the obvious truthfulness of your post I couldn't believe Garvan was still 30 myself and had to google it.

He really is! This is insane. I haven't been a regular at Portman Road for something like a decade and I saw him play loads of times for us. Even saw him play in the youth team on a couple of occasions in the dim and distant past. From being a fantastic young player, to not quite fulfilling that potential then the move on to Palace.

Is Connor Wickham injured at the moment?

I thought Garvan was definitely a solid Championship player & he was a regular in the Palace side that went up through the play offs, but didn't really get a look-in in the PL &t hen his career drifted. I didn't realise he'd left Col U & was back in Ireland.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Blimey on 10:48 - Apr 27 with 6398 viewsFrimleyBlue

what ever happened to billy clark?

wasn't he one of the potential 'next big thing'

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Blimey on 10:52 - Apr 27 with 6384 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Jay Tabb is now a rugby player!

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Blimey on 10:53 - Apr 27 with 6379 viewsBOjK

Blimey on 10:48 - Apr 27 by FrimleyBlue

what ever happened to billy clark?

wasn't he one of the potential 'next big thing'

Billy Clarke or Billy Clark?

I think Clark dropped down to Bury or Sudbury pretty quickly.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024