Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your hunch for our next manager 10:07 - May 2 with 13730 viewsbontcho

For some reason I think Scott Parker.

(Strikes me as an Ipswich manager)

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:08 - May 2 with 6828 viewsJoeSoap

Quasimodo it is then.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:09 - May 2 with 6814 viewsCurrie10

Paul Hirst.

Surely it's a manager with a club already, or we'd merely appoint a Parker / Kuqi / Redknapp / Lampard / Gerrard now!?

Cowley's ruled themselves out. Clark has hired someone new at Bristol Rovers to help with running of the club. Mowbray noises appear not likely. Coleman's left Sunderland.

Etc etc.

Very confident it'll be Hurst after both play off ties v Scunthorpe / Charlton.
Your hunch for our next manager on 10:10 - May 2 with 6810 viewswkj

Sprucemoose

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:14 - May 2 with 6787 viewsIpswichKnight

My hunch is it will be Nathan Jones.
Your hunch for our next manager on 10:15 - May 2 with 6782 viewsFixed_It

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:09 - May 2 by Currie10

Paul Hirst.

Surely it's a manager with a club already, or we'd merely appoint a Parker / Kuqi / Redknapp / Lampard / Gerrard now!?

Cowley's ruled themselves out. Clark has hired someone new at Bristol Rovers to help with running of the club. Mowbray noises appear not likely. Coleman's left Sunderland.

Etc etc.

Very confident it'll be Hurst after both play off ties v Scunthorpe / Charlton.

But that's assuming ME has got an idea who he wants already. Alternatively, he might have an open mind and will decide when he has completed interviews - which will be easier to conduct at the end of the season if they are to include managers already in a job.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:30 - May 2 with 6707 viewsKieran_Knows

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:10 - May 2 by wkj

Sprucemoose

Grimboy as his assistant?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:31 - May 2 with 6723 viewsitfcjoe

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was Parker - think there is a growing bond between us and Spurs and he fits into that.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:33 - May 2 with 6682 viewsCurrie10

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:15 - May 2 by Fixed_It

But that's assuming ME has got an idea who he wants already. Alternatively, he might have an open mind and will decide when he has completed interviews - which will be easier to conduct at the end of the season if they are to include managers already in a job.

He's surely got a good idea you'd imagine but yes interviews could dictate otherwise.

If we end up waiting for an employed manager - with a dodgy interview then appointing someone already unattached......... be ridiculous.

I know tapping up etc however there's skype / various tools and ways around having a very informal chat that would go on in the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:35 - May 2 with 6683 viewshype313

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:31 - May 2 by itfcjoe

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was Parker - think there is a growing bond between us and Spurs and he fits into that.

I wouldn't be surprised either, he ticks quite a few of the boxes Marcus was talking about.

Cowley's are out, think Mogga will stay put, Darrell Clarke has signed a 5 year extension so realistically for me, it will be one of Parker, Hurst or Cook.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:38 - May 2 with 6650 viewsKieran_Knows

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:35 - May 2 by hype313

I wouldn't be surprised either, he ticks quite a few of the boxes Marcus was talking about.

Cowley's are out, think Mogga will stay put, Darrell Clarke has signed a 5 year extension so realistically for me, it will be one of Parker, Hurst or Cook.

I think you could well be right with those 3 names. Although I'm not sure why Cook would want to leave Wigan for?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:48 - May 2 with 6589 viewshype313

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:38 - May 2 by Kieran_Knows

I think you could well be right with those 3 names. Although I'm not sure why Cook would want to leave Wigan for?

I'd like to think we are more of a pull football wise than Wigan, he's in a hotbed of Rugby League, however, he is a scouser so it might mean from a personal standpoint Wigan is an ideal commute.

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:50 - May 2 with 6580 viewsJon_456

I have a horrible feeling we'll end up with Nigel Clough.
Your hunch for our next manager on 10:51 - May 2 with 6571 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think Cook is a goer from a few things I've heard, but we'll see

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:53 - May 2 with 6557 viewshype313

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:51 - May 2 by itfcjoe

I don't think Cook is a goer from a few things I've heard, but we'll see

From our side or more him wanting to stay put?

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:54 - May 2 with 6554 viewsmaccyd9

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:14 - May 2 by IpswichKnight

My hunch is it will be Nathan Jones.

Heard from someone that he along with the Cowley's rejected Town's approach so I'd suspect he is out.

It does sound like Hurst is the main target and I know a soon to be departed coach at the club directly told fans on Saturday after the Reading game that Hurst is the main target.

Would love Parker. Intelligent, young, highly thought of at Spurs and the wide football world. Always captained clubs he has been at and would be very much in the mould of the new generation of manager the FA are seeking.

You only have to google "Scott Parker half time team talk" to know what sort of impact he can have on those around him.

Parker would get my vote.
Your hunch for our next manager on 10:54 - May 2 with 6550 viewsITFC_Forever

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:48 - May 2 by hype313

I'd like to think we are more of a pull football wise than Wigan, he's in a hotbed of Rugby League, however, he is a scouser so it might mean from a personal standpoint Wigan is an ideal commute.

One of Cook's reasons he cited for moving to Wigan from Pompey last year was because he wanted to be nearer his roots in Merseyside.

So it would need to be a much bigger job than ITFC to lure him away from that.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:56 - May 2 with 6551 viewsitfcjoe

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:53 - May 2 by hype313

From our side or more him wanting to stay put?

Our side

EDIT - I don't know anything from his side, he may be up for it or may not even consider it
[Post edited 2 May 2018 10:57]

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:58 - May 2 with 6533 viewsITFC_Forever

In terms of a hunch as to who our new manager will be, I have absolutely no idea.

ME is clearly taking as much time as he feels he needs, so it could easily be another 4 weeks or so until we have any idea if we are indeed waiting for the POs to play themselves out.

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:59 - May 2 with 6516 viewsITFC_Forever

Clarke signed his 5 year extension last summer, so it is another case of a club protecting their asset in terms of the compensation they can negotiate than anything else.

Your hunch for our next manager on 11:00 - May 2 with 6516 viewshype313

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:56 - May 2 by itfcjoe

Our side

EDIT - I don't know anything from his side, he may be up for it or may not even consider it
[Post edited 2 May 2018 10:57]

Cool, from what ITFC Forever has just said regarding the move from Pompey to Wigan to be nearer roots, sounds like any potential job would have to be very attractive to him to upsticks again.

He probably thinks there will be plenty of Championship clubs closer by to him that he could take in time.

Your hunch for our next manager on 11:00 - May 2 with 6510 viewsIpswichKnight

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:54 - May 2 by maccyd9

Heard from someone that he along with the Cowley's rejected Town's approach so I'd suspect he is out.

It does sound like Hurst is the main target and I know a soon to be departed coach at the club directly told fans on Saturday after the Reading game that Hurst is the main target.

Would love Parker. Intelligent, young, highly thought of at Spurs and the wide football world. Always captained clubs he has been at and would be very much in the mould of the new generation of manager the FA are seeking.

You only have to google "Scott Parker half time team talk" to know what sort of impact he can have on those around him.

Possibly, If we want someone I do think we will pay some compensation and it does seem that we have at lease sounded Luton out.

I'd be just as happy with Parker as well.
Your hunch for our next manager on 11:02 - May 2 with 6499 viewshype313

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:54 - May 2 by maccyd9

I wouldn't be averse to Parker, he is definitely the antithesis to Mick.

He would have good connections too, and given we do have some links with the Spuds you can see the link, I'm sure Pleat has put a good word in for him.

Your hunch for our next manager on 11:32 - May 2 with 6389 viewsGuthrum

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:58 - May 2 by ITFC_Forever

In terms of a hunch as to who our new manager will be, I have absolutely no idea.

ME is clearly taking as much time as he feels he needs, so it could easily be another 4 weeks or so until we have any idea if we are indeed waiting for the POs to play themselves out.

Agree. The possibilities are so wide open, we have really very few pointers to base any kind of guess on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Your hunch for our next manager on 11:51 - May 2 with 6306 viewsmarcus1642

Gary White for me.

A totally different approach. A complete outsider though.
Your hunch for our next manager on 11:53 - May 2 with 6275 viewsBiGDonnie

John McGreal.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024