Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonder if decesion has 09:35 - May 12 with 6782 viewstrncbluearmy

effectivly been made.

Bringing Jack Ross back to Ipswich next week to show him Playford Rd etc. well before Hurst becomes available seems to be a show of intent to get the job done and to be fair with St Mirren who have a big season ahead of them.

Announcment next week perhaps?
Wonder if decesion has on 09:41 - May 12 with 6138 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think it has, Ross is among a number who are being interviewed. Think he has just got more press than the rest because he is bigger news in Scotland than some of the other candidates are down here.
Wonder if decesion has on 09:47 - May 12 with 6075 viewsFixed_It

Wonder if decesion has on 09:41 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

I don't think it has, Ross is among a number who are being interviewed. Think he has just got more press than the rest because he is bigger news in Scotland than some of the other candidates are down here.

He seems to be pretty much the only candidate who meets with almost universsl approval on here. I am sure this will have been noted by the Club.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Wonder if decesion has on 09:55 - May 12 with 6044 viewsPhilTWTD

Wonder if decesion has on 09:47 - May 12 by Fixed_It

He seems to be pretty much the only candidate who meets with almost universsl approval on here. I am sure this will have been noted by the Club.

Not sure Paul Hurst hasn't had similar approval and I think Town will want to speak to him once Shrewsbury's situation is sorted.

As per previous posts, I think there are concerns about the level Ross has been working at up to now, which will presumably be flagged to ME if he isn't already weighing that up anyway.

But he does seem a promising candidate, has done very well at St Mirren and is clearly looking for the right job rather than just jumping into anything at a higher level as soon as it comes along. Also, putting my media hat on, comes across well.
Wonder if decesion has on 10:01 - May 12 with 5999 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Wonder if decesion has on 09:47 - May 12 by Fixed_It

I’m sure fans reactions will be noted, but won’t be the main factor. More likely to impact thinking if there is a very negative reaction - e.g Sherwood

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Wonder if decesion has on 10:07 - May 12 with 5960 viewsNo9

One would hope that Town management are very serious if it was they that made it public about hiring Jack Ross ?
All the others seems to have come via spurious sources??
Wonder if decesion has on 10:16 - May 12 with 5925 viewsitfcjoe

Wonder if decesion has on 09:55 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

Not sure Paul Hurst hasn't had similar approval and I think Town will want to speak to him once Shrewsbury's situation is sorted.

As per previous posts, I think there are concerns about the level Ross has been working at up to now, which will presumably be flagged to ME if he isn't already weighing that up anyway.

But he does seem a promising candidate, has done very well at St Mirren and is clearly looking for the right job rather than just jumping into anything at a higher level as soon as it comes along. Also, putting my media hat on, comes across well.

If Shrewsbury go through tomorrow I wonder if that actually goes against Hurst as extends their season so much further

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wonder if decesion has on 10:23 - May 12 with 5882 viewsstrikalite

May sound daft but Jack Ross also looks the part too, he's much taller than Hurst, all subconscious but when he walks into a new Club he's noticed and i can imagine players having that respect..
Wonder if decesion has on 10:25 - May 12 with 5873 viewsPhilTWTD

Wonder if decesion has on 10:07 - May 12 by No9

One would hope that Town management are very serious if it was they that made it public about hiring Jack Ross ?
All the others seems to have come via spurious sources??

Won't have come from Town, I think it's easy to work out who benefits most from having his name mentioned frequently in the media on both sides of the border. The other names in the frame certainly haven't come from spurious sources!
Login to get fewer ads

Wonder if decesion has on 10:26 - May 12 with 5848 viewsPhilTWTD

Wonder if decesion has on 10:16 - May 12 by itfcjoe

If Shrewsbury go through tomorrow I wonder if that actually goes against Hurst as extends their season so much further

I was thinking the same, particularly if there's a candidate who is already ticking plenty of boxes for ME.
Wonder if decesion has on 10:29 - May 12 with 5816 viewsitfcjoe

Wonder if decesion has on 10:26 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

I was thinking the same, particularly if there's a candidate who is already ticking plenty of boxes for ME.

L1 play off is 2 weeks from tomorrow, then going to be at least a further week for Hurst to prep and interview which is a long time to wait. Can see that forcing Evans’ hand if Ross really impresses - too big a risk otherwise as too close to pre season and Hurst may not impress

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wonder if decesion has on 10:33 - May 12 with 5787 viewsPhilTWTD

Wonder if decesion has on 10:29 - May 12 by itfcjoe

L1 play off is 2 weeks from tomorrow, then going to be at least a further week for Hurst to prep and interview which is a long time to wait. Can see that forcing Evans’ hand if Ross really impresses - too big a risk otherwise as too close to pre season and Hurst may not impress

Ross or one of the other candidates, of course. I don't think it's simply a matter of Hurst v Ross, there are others being interviewed and a number who already have - Parker, Sherwood, Stam's another I think - and some whose names haven't emerged (not as interviewees anyway, although they may have been mentioned as potential candidates given the number that have been linked).

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wonder if decesion has on 10:46 - May 12 with 5677 viewshadleighboyblue

Wonder if decesion has on 10:33 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

Ross or one of the other candidates, of course. I don't think it's simply a matter of Hurst v Ross, there are others being interviewed and a number who already have - Parker, Sherwood, Stam's another I think - and some whose names haven't emerged (not as interviewees anyway, although they may have been mentioned as potential candidates given the number that have been linked).

Really pleased to see some of the names coming up now , rather than old hands that do the rounds , Sherwood , McLaren , Lennon etc ) .

Ross and Parker sound like really good candidates who should come over well in interviews .

With Ross , Parker and Hurst at the top of the list , we seem to be going for the right sort of man .

Just hope we don't delay too long and lose our choice to another managerless club .

If the Director of Football is leaving , someone like Burley would be ideal as a replacement to have .
Wonder if decesion has on 10:49 - May 12 with 5659 viewsPhilTWTD

Wonder if decesion has on 10:46 - May 12 by hadleighboyblue

Really pleased to see some of the names coming up now , rather than old hands that do the rounds , Sherwood , McLaren , Lennon etc ) .

Ross and Parker sound like really good candidates who should come over well in interviews .

With Ross , Parker and Hurst at the top of the list , we seem to be going for the right sort of man .

Just hope we don't delay too long and lose our choice to another managerless club .

If the Director of Football is leaving , someone like Burley would be ideal as a replacement to have .

Dave Bowman, the director of football, is the chief scout really, which I don't think is a role George would want. I reckon the new man would have his own chief scout joining him.
Wonder if decesion has on 11:00 - May 12 with 5600 viewsurbanblue

Wonder if decesion has on 10:25 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

Won't have come from Town, I think it's easy to work out who benefits most from having his name mentioned frequently in the media on both sides of the border. The other names in the frame certainly haven't come from spurious sources!

So where did you get your initial story from then, Phil? It said that we had been granted permission to speak to Ross and we were all led to believe that the Interview was next week. Now we find that he's already had an interview and this will be a second. To me, to give someone a second interview when others may not have had their first (Hurst?) seems a strange way to do things. What are they going to say .... okay, cheers but now wait a few weeks!! I reckon that would guarantee him turning us down.

I reckon he's got the job if he wants it and this is to discuss terms.
Wonder if decesion has on 11:03 - May 12 with 5586 viewsPhilTWTD

Wonder if decesion has on 11:00 - May 12 by urbanblue

So where did you get your initial story from then, Phil? It said that we had been granted permission to speak to Ross and we were all led to believe that the Interview was next week. Now we find that he's already had an interview and this will be a second. To me, to give someone a second interview when others may not have had their first (Hurst?) seems a strange way to do things. What are they going to say .... okay, cheers but now wait a few weeks!! I reckon that would guarantee him turning us down.

I reckon he's got the job if he wants it and this is to discuss terms.

Obviously a positive sign that he's being spoken to for a second time (which emerged from the Scottish press yesterday and I've subsequently had an indication is the case as well), but we don't know whether any others - and how many - might be in the same position.
Wonder if decesion has on 11:08 - May 12 with 5540 viewsurbanblue

Wonder if decesion has on 11:03 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

Obviously a positive sign that he's being spoken to for a second time (which emerged from the Scottish press yesterday and I've subsequently had an indication is the case as well), but we don't know whether any others - and how many - might be in the same position.

None I reckon though Sherwood may have been considered for a second interview. Us fans put the kibosh on that though. I find myself wondering if candidates being seriously considered are being leaked to gauge fans reaction.
Wonder if decesion has on 13:14 - May 12 with 5185 viewsSuperfrans

the number being interviewed presumably being Parker, Sherwood, Ross... is there anyone else at this stage, do we think?

And are we really going to wait two weeks for Hurst? It would seem odd to have Ross down for a second interview this week, if we are still interested in Hurst who is unlikely to be free until after the next bank holiday in two weeks time.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Wonder if decesion has on 14:15 - May 12 with 5041 viewsPhilTWTD

Wonder if decesion has on 13:14 - May 12 by Superfrans

the number being interviewed presumably being Parker, Sherwood, Ross... is there anyone else at this stage, do we think?

And are we really going to wait two weeks for Hurst? It would seem odd to have Ross down for a second interview this week, if we are still interested in Hurst who is unlikely to be free until after the next bank holiday in two weeks time.

There's definitely been more than just them, not sure precisely how many and who they all are. Not too many more though.

Wonder if decesion has on 14:22 - May 12 with 4998 viewsblaggers

One or two people I know seem to think it's a done deal, pending a suitable DoF appointment.

Poll: What happens next?

Wonder if decesion has on 14:24 - May 12 with 4986 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Wonder if decesion has on 10:33 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

It’s not going to be Parker, that’s def info
Wonder if decesion has on 16:15 - May 12 with 4629 viewsSuperfrans

Wonder if decesion has on 14:24 - May 12 by FrowsyArmLarry

Def info from where?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Wonder if decesion has on 16:22 - May 12 with 4609 viewspointofblue

Wonder if decesion has on 10:16 - May 12 by itfcjoe

The other issue is I think St. Mirren will want to know where we stand sooner rather than later. Reading their forum, end of year contracts expire at the end on May, which means there will be a free for all on players at that point. They’ll want to be on solid footing at that point either way rather than a manager at the helm who may be leaving any moment.

It may result in us having to take a risk should Shrewsbury reach the Play Off Final - either tell Ross he won’t get the post and wait for Hurst or appoint Ross and dismiss Hurst’s chances. The third option, of course, is hiring someone else completely.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Wonder if decesion has on 16:25 - May 12 with 4575 viewsbluehook

Wonder if decesion has on 14:24 - May 12 by FrowsyArmLarry

I hope it isn’t Parker too, but where is this def info emanating from?
Wonder if decesion has on 16:40 - May 12 with 4516 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Wonder if decesion has on 16:25 - May 12 by bluehook

What’s the issue with Parker? A different background and experience to Ross and others, but who is to say he cant make the step up anymore or any less than say Ross. Essentially Marcus Evans needs to suss out who is best placed in the interview process.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Wonder if decesion has on 17:01 - May 12 with 4456 viewsHarry_Palmer

Wonder if decesion has on 16:25 - May 12 by bluehook

Frowsy's imagination I suspect....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024