Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... 12:57 - Jul 26 with 1969 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...on players.

There is the flip side of letting Marriott and Clarke go for next to nothing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 1951 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer, but don't tell Truce or Mullet that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 1946 viewsCotty

Clarke? We got Webster in that deal who we sold for a lot of money?
For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:05 - Jul 26 with 1857 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 12:58 - Jul 26 by Cotty

Clarke? We got Webster in that deal who we sold for a lot of money?

Noted. I think Clarke will be the better player in the long run.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 13:08 - Jul 26 with 1833 views_

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:05 - Jul 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Noted. I think Clarke will be the better player in the long run.

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:09 - Jul 26 with 1807 viewsPositivelyPortman

Plus some of the cr@p players that he bought or brought in on loan.
There were plenty of them.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:09 - Jul 26 with 1808 viewsReuser_is_God

on 13:08 - Jul 26 by _

I work with 2 Pompey fans & they both say he could play Premier League.

Granted that's only the opinion of 2 fans.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 13:12 - Jul 26 with 1774 views_

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:09 - Jul 26 by Reuser_is_God

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:12 - Jul 26 with 1768 viewsRoyKeanesDog

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:09 - Jul 26 by Reuser_is_God

So could Webster to be fair. If he had stayed injury free then probably would be Premier League by now.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:16 - Jul 26 with 1739 viewsReuser_is_God

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:12 - Jul 26 by RoyKeanesDog

So could Webster to be fair. If he had stayed injury free then probably would be Premier League by now.

Of course he would.

I actually remember them telling me the same thing about Webster when he signed for us.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:16 - Jul 26 with 1727 viewsbackwaywhen

Swings and roundabouts ......move on !
For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:18 - Jul 26 with 1701 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:16 - Jul 26 by backwaywhen

Swings and roundabouts ......move on !

That was my point really.

Cant take all the credit for profits, without noting the losses.

Swings and roundabouts.

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:19 - Jul 26 with 1692 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Same here, have a Pompey supporting mate who rates him highly, and when Ive seen him play he's looked good.

But that's not valid of course.

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:19 - Jul 26 with 1686 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

on 13:08 - Jul 26 by _

Thankyou.

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:21 - Jul 26 with 1667 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

on 13:12 - Jul 26 by _

Just a passing comment based on what I've seen and heard.

Don't sweat it.

Granted, I couldnt back up my statement in court. ;-)

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:51 - Jul 26 with 1558 viewsitfcjoe

I think Clarke was only let go as it meant we could steal a march on competitors to bring in Webster - Mick was a big fan of Clarke and I think the transfer is a rare case of things working out well for both clubs and both players. Whilst I like Clarke, can see the logic as we had Berra and Smith as left footed CBs here and Webster was further ahead.

Marriott was treated badly, he should have had an opportunity here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 14:04 - Jul 26 with 1489 viewstractorshark

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 13:51 - Jul 26 by itfcjoe

I think Clarke was only let go as it meant we could steal a march on competitors to bring in Webster - Mick was a big fan of Clarke and I think the transfer is a rare case of things working out well for both clubs and both players. Whilst I like Clarke, can see the logic as we had Berra and Smith as left footed CBs here and Webster was further ahead.

Marriott was treated badly, he should have had an opportunity here

There is an argument that perhaps Marriott needed to move away to develop.
Perhaps he was too comfy at Ipswich.
We only have mccarthy’s comments to go by regards his reasons for releasing him.
Overweight etc but if those accusations were wrong, I would have thought Marriott would have responded by now.
Maybe it’s just an example of a player who needed to go down a level to come back up.
On the surface it looks a daft decision but you have to remember at the time he wasn’t ripping up trees at Ipswich and his later loan spells at Woking were average.
Good luck to him, maybe we made a mistake or maybe he just got his act together.
For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 14:12 - Jul 26 with 1460 viewsitfcjoe

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 14:04 - Jul 26 by tractorshark

We only have mccarthy’s comments to go by regards his reasons for releasing him.
Overweight etc but if those accusations were wrong, I would have thought Marriott would have responded by now.
Maybe it’s just an example of a player who needed to go down a level to come back up.
On the surface it looks a daft decision but you have to remember at the time he wasn’t ripping up trees at Ipswich and his later loan spells at Woking were average.
Good luck to him, maybe we made a mistake or maybe he just got his act together.

I don't disagree he needed to go down a level to come back up by the end of his spell here, but it should never have got to that point. He may have given up because didn't get opportunities when they were deserved here.

He deserved opportunities, didn't get them, but by the end had to go as was stalled here.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 14:14 - Jul 26 with 1454 viewshype313

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 14:04 - Jul 26 by tractorshark

I think he has mentioned that his attitude back then wasn't what was required to make the grade at a club like ours, and that by dropping down the leagues it gave him the kick up the ar53 he needed.

Fair play to him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 14:26 - Jul 26 with 1419 viewsMullet

For all the credit that Mick takes for making profit... on 12:58 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

Yer, but don't tell Truce or Mullet that.

You'll need to explain that comment. At what point would i not be aware of Mick's signings, or the criticism he got such as "another crap Irish winger" "proper blokes" "cheap punts" etc. for that to work?

To suggest I or anyone else would claim Mick only made perfect signings would just be lying wouldn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024