Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matchday prices remaining the same then 23:14 - Jul 26 with 3766 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Given Blackburn tickets are on sale I’m guessing these won’t be changing now? Seems a shame not to follow suit as done with season tickets, wonder if they were waiting to see season ticket sales before deciding about one of off prices.

Apologies to 12th Man and any other super fans offended by my lack of season ticket.

And double apologies if I’ve missed an announcement or news story on this.
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 23:33 - Jul 26 with 3033 viewsTractorWood

£30 is a lot for upper. It's a tough environment to attract new fans and punters but the prices aren't attractive, if you stand back objectively.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 07:48 - Jul 27 with 2904 viewsRomeo4

It makes an absolute nonsense of the season ticket price. For some reason the club don’t seem to want new season ticket holders. It’s nuts!
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 07:57 - Jul 27 with 2889 viewsBluebell

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 07:48 - Jul 27 by Romeo4

It makes an absolute nonsense of the season ticket price. For some reason the club don’t seem to want new season ticket holders. It’s nuts!

Surely that is just what the club want!

My season ticket works out at about £16 a game as I bought it at the Early Bird price.

It means that if I have to miss a few of games it doesn't matter as it is still a lot cheaper than buying a ticket for each game.
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 08:22 - Jul 27 with 2861 viewsclive_baker

It’s very easy to be critical of the club, and often it’s unfair IMO. That said, pricing isn’t something we’ve got right in a long time. How ME can come out and admit last seasons pricing was a ‘big mistake’, and then essentially freeze prices with the exception of an early bird window doesn’t sit quite right. If it was a genuine mistake, fix it properly and reduce them for those visiting on an as and when basis. It isn’t a compelling price point for a run of the mill, mid table Championship side I’m afraid. Especially relative to other clubs in the division.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 08:24 - Jul 27 with 2849 viewsElderGrizzly

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 08:22 - Jul 27 by clive_baker

It’s very easy to be critical of the club, and often it’s unfair IMO. That said, pricing isn’t something we’ve got right in a long time. How ME can come out and admit last seasons pricing was a ‘big mistake’, and then essentially freeze prices with the exception of an early bird window doesn’t sit quite right. If it was a genuine mistake, fix it properly and reduce them for those visiting on an as and when basis. It isn’t a compelling price point for a run of the mill, mid table Championship side I’m afraid. Especially relative to other clubs in the division.

They did reduce and standardise match day ticket prices last season though?

All they appear to have done is hold those lower prices for this season?
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 08:31 - Jul 27 with 2835 viewsclive_baker

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 08:24 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

They did reduce and standardise match day ticket prices last season though?

All they appear to have done is hold those lower prices for this season?

Was his mistake admission specific to ST’s? It might well have been but it’s not how I interpreted it, I took it that it would be across the board reductions.

It’s a tough one because I’m not sure how much elasticity there is, we’ve seen an uplift when we’ve done the £10 deals etc but they’re very deep. If day tripper tickets were reduced say 10%, would there be sufficient increase in numbers to offset it. I’m not sure. What I think is under appreciated to an extent though is the impact it would have on the team though, having bums on seats and creating a FPR.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:06 - Jul 27 with 2767 viewsRomeo4

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 07:57 - Jul 27 by Bluebell

Surely that is just what the club want!

My season ticket works out at about £16 a game as I bought it at the Early Bird price.

It means that if I have to miss a few of games it doesn't matter as it is still a lot cheaper than buying a ticket for each game.

The early bird deal was indeed a good one. Match day ticket prices are ok(ish). My point is aimed at the post-early bird ST prices. There is no financial incentive to buy one.
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:08 - Jul 27 with 2760 viewsElderGrizzly

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 08:31 - Jul 27 by clive_baker

Was his mistake admission specific to ST’s? It might well have been but it’s not how I interpreted it, I took it that it would be across the board reductions.

It’s a tough one because I’m not sure how much elasticity there is, we’ve seen an uplift when we’ve done the £10 deals etc but they’re very deep. If day tripper tickets were reduced say 10%, would there be sufficient increase in numbers to offset it. I’m not sure. What I think is under appreciated to an extent though is the impact it would have on the team though, having bums on seats and creating a FPR.

Yes. STs went up, match prices had that new structure
Login to get fewer ads

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:14 - Jul 27 with 2754 viewsTJS

Lower tier behind the goal is still £25.00 for every match.
That seems pretty reasonable to me.
If people want to start buying more expensive seats that is up to them.
The new 3d stadium plan on the tickets website is quite sexy as well.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 10:19]
on 10:18 - Jul 27 with 2745 views_

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:14 - Jul 27 by TJS

Lower tier behind the goal is still £25.00 for every match.
That seems pretty reasonable to me.
If people want to start buying more expensive seats that is up to them.
The new 3d stadium plan on the tickets website is quite sexy as well.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 10:19]

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:21 - Jul 27 with 2742 viewsTJS

on 10:18 - Jul 27 by _

I don't think it has been £20.00 for about 20 years.
on 10:24 - Jul 27 with 2735 views_

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:21 - Jul 27 by TJS

I don't think it has been £20.00 for about 20 years.

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:29 - Jul 27 with 2719 viewsElderGrizzly

on 10:24 - Jul 27 by _

Around £15 a game on a ST i believe
on 10:30 - Jul 27 with 2717 views_

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:29 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Around £15 a game on a ST i believe

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:32 - Jul 27 with 2712 viewsPhilTWTD

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 08:31 - Jul 27 by clive_baker

I think the cut in matchday prices last summer was to some extent a reaction to the way season ticket prices had gone down like a lead balloon. Was £30 (or £32.50 on the day) previously.
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:35 - Jul 27 with 2704 viewsTJS

on 10:30 - Jul 27 by _

I think it might have something to with the fact that it is the only area of the ground where everyone does not sit in silence for 90 minutes.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 10:35]
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:35 - Jul 27 with 2703 viewstextbackup

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 23:33 - Jul 26 by TractorWood

£30 is a lot for upper. It's a tough environment to attract new fans and punters but the prices aren't attractive, if you stand back objectively.

£30 is not too much. people pay £70/80 for a concert, £100 for a London show.
those same people saying its too much would find £45 a game to watch if it was vs ManU Chelsea etc im sure

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:38 - Jul 27 with 2694 viewshype313

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:35 - Jul 27 by textbackup

those same people saying its too much would find £45 a game to watch if it was vs ManU Chelsea etc im sure

Yeah but people don't do go a show or concert every other week.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:58 - Jul 27 with 2669 viewsstrikalite

The truth is that if we're playing well and yes with that winning games people will happily pay £30 on the day, you can't drop lower tier prices from £25 on the day because then ST holders will question and rightly so why they're bothering the initial outlay....it's all about ST's and getting people to commit, by saving just £4-5 a game probably wouldn't do it..

Peterborough is £26 upper now, £22 behind goal (one tier)...all on the day, so we're about right imo..
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 11:13 - Jul 27 with 2647 viewsTractorJack

on 10:24 - Jul 27 by _

I get that but it's the only place in the stadium that isn't completely silent.
Matchday prices remaining the same then on 11:19 - Jul 27 with 2640 viewstextbackup

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 10:38 - Jul 27 by hype313

Yeah but people don't do go a show or concert every other week.

so its works out £60 a month, still less than I quoted

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 11:21 - Jul 27 with 2637 viewsTractorWood

Both are the respective crème of their professions. Supply and demand would imply we have it wrong or the ground wouldn't be half empty 22 times a season.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 11:23 - Jul 27 with 2634 viewshype313

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 11:19 - Jul 27 by textbackup

so its works out £60 a month, still less than I quoted

Yes, but this notion that football is cheap in comparison to concerts and shows isn't really comparing Apples with Apples, even if it was cheaper I don't think the average Joe spends £100 a month on concerts.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 11:41 - Jul 27 with 2624 viewstextbackup

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 11:23 - Jul 27 by hype313

Yes, but this notion that football is cheap in comparison to concerts and shows isn't really comparing Apples with Apples, even if it was cheaper I don't think the average Joe spends £100 a month on concerts.

but if you wanted to go, you'd pay it, and stop making excuses.

also if there was something available to you where by you could pay for a seasons worth of shows then you'd take up that option, even if you missed a few..... wouldn't you?

Matchday prices remaining the same then on 12:08 - Jul 27 with 2596 viewsVaughan8

Nah, Just watch it on sky

I think it should just be £25 for everywhere and be done with the lower/upper different charges.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024